fictional teams

Watched “The Game Plan” earlier this week (fiancée’s choice) and I couldn’t help but see similarities between the fictional Boston Rebels’ helmet logo and the Birmingham Iron logo. Not the spitting image by any means, but the idea of a “B” wrapped in a football shape.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/gameplan-movie-used-helmet-movie-prop-1871379770

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ltravisjr said:

I am old enough to remember this series of commercials for New York Life but was young enough then that I actually thought this was a real football team, and that the uniforms were cool...

I loved those commercials . . . probably because I was a sucker for anything with sports in it

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

The Tampico Stogies from the 1987 HBO original film Long Gone.

0ky1cAfl.jpg

Ebbets Field Flannels has manufactured the Stogies' home pinstripe jersey. It features the #7 worn by William Petersen's character, pitcher/manager Cecil "Stud" Cantrell .

W4G4MAEl.gif  

Why is there an apostrophe-s at the end?  It makes it look like a beer league softball team sponsored by Stogie's Bar and Grill.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, ltravisjr said:

I am old enough to remember this series of commercials for New York Life but was young enough then that I actually thought this was a real football team, and that the uniforms were cool...

Hey, I think that fellow "George" is Les Nessman from WKRP in Cincinnati...

It is what it is.

I’m surprised not many people remember this...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before working on One Punch Man, Yusuke Murata worked on another manga series called Eyeshield 21, a story centered around a fictional high school American football team in Japan called the Deimon Devil Bats. I always thought the Bats had the sharpest uniforms in fictional sports. That devil wing on their helmets really brings it home. 

19 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

I’m surprised not many people remember this...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before working on One Punch Man, Yusuke Murata worked on another manga series called Eyeshield 21, a story centered around a fictional high school American football team in Japan called the Deimon Devil Bats. I always thought the Bats had the sharpest uniforms in fictional sports. That devil wing on their helmets really bring some it home. 

I'm not into anime myself, but you're right that those are sharp helmets.

Archived