fictional teams

The Grand Theft Auto series created fictional teams based off current teams in/near Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Las Vegas, which were used as models for the cities in the game: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Sports_Teams

Los Santos Panic = Los Angeles Lakers

UCLS Bookworms = UCSC Banana Slugs

San Fierro 69ers = San Francisco 49ers

San Andres Magnetics = Los Angeles Chargers 

San Fierro Packers = San Francisco Giants 

Red Mist FC = New York Red Bulls

Los Santos Kings = Los Angeles Kings

Los Santos Slappers = San Jose Sharks (an oddity given LS is LA and SJ is near SF)

Los Santos Corkers/Saints = Different elements of the Los Angeles Dodgers 

Los Santos Shrimps = Los Angeles Clippers

Liberty City Cocks = New York Cosmos

Liberty City Wrath = New York Giants

Liberty Penetrators = New York Knicks

Las Venturas Bandits = Las Vegas 51s Oakland A’s, who played some of their games in LV while the colosseum was being renovated. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/23/2019 at 8:01 PM, Gothamite said:

And the uniforms might be gold, but that bird is in no way a canary.   That team, my friend, is the Pigeons. 😛 

Called it. ;) 

Uni Watch has the full story today, and it’s a beaut:

https://uni-watch.com/2019/05/15/exclusive-the-story-behind-the-new-york-pigeons/

16 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

You sure did.

[Walks away muttering "Yellow pigeons.  Who ever saw a yellow pigeon...."]

Presumably the same guy who saw green eagles and blue rams and lions.  😛

I'll have what he's having.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 1 month later...
On May 5, 2019 at 11:32 PM, nash61 said:

Call of Duty Ghosts has a fictional baseball team, the San Diego Tsunami. They play at Greenway park, and have a full logo history and jersey package. (I have screenshots on my other computer)

Logo history:

6yw57Ok.png

Jersey and cap:

rJsyoUs.jpg1uUu8t3.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,The following is a fictional team design concept for this year's MLB-licensed game. I wanted some help determining a name,

Team City- Omaha (Omaha, Nebraska)

Team Name- Explorers? ,  Discoverers? ,  Navigators? , Pioneers? , Barons, or Other? … The city of Omaha was discovered in the 1850's by the neighboring town of Council Bluffs, Iowa and was later explored as part of the Lewis and Clark expedition. I would like a team name that resembles the discovery of the city and it's pioneer era.

Team Colors- Blue and yellow … I would prefer the team branding to reflect the colors to those of its flag, the flag of Nebraska sports blue and yellow colors.

Thank you for your contributions,

blazerblazer

• 7 months later...

In Watch Dogs Legion Ubisoft came up with some fictional soccer club identities that aren't so bad. I only found the logos on some handy cases they seem to sell.

My favourite is Tower FC, who seem to be a fitctional West Ham:

71rRQeFM1ZL._AC_SX569_.jpg

They also got the Kensington Rovers (could be Chelsea?):

81qGRRAHWIL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Regiment United (I guess Arsenal):

810Q7k2jWYL._AC_SX569_.jpg

The last one is Southwark FC. The colours are gold and black, so they seem to be completely fictional.

81SKNN9yBhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There are a lot of pedestrians in the game wearing kits, jackets, heads of the teams in the game.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

3 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The last one is Southwark FC. The colours are gold and black, so they seem to be completely fictional.

81SKNN9yBhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Millwall play in Southwark and are nicknamed the Lions, so I suspect the identity is a nod to them. Whilst their first choice colours are blue and white, yellow and black are commonly used for their away kits so the game makers may have gone in that direction to help distinguish them from the blue of Kensington Rovers.

2 hours ago, DukeofChutney said:

The Spider-Man game (PS4) has a fictional hockey team. Some of the NPCs can be seen wearing a Rangers style blue jersey. I believe its the Torches - though I might be wrong.

It's the Torchers.

03q3wbbd2jl11.jpg

And through some continuity errors, the Spider-Man PS4 city of New York appears to have a Football Giants and Baseball Giants thing going on because there is a collectible in game that is a ticket to a Torchers basketball game.

IbjBaeE.png

Ubisoft ended up making fictional teams for the Division in both locations so New York ended up having the 
Shortbows - Hockey
Chariots - Basketball
Centurions - Baseball
No Evidence of a Football Team
While DC had the 
Washington Spears - Baseball
Red Pandas - Basketball

Daggers - Hockey

DC Harriers - Football

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

On 11/8/2020 at 7:34 PM, monkeypower said:

It's the Torchers.

And through some continuity errors, the Spider-Man PS4 city of New York appears to have a Football Giants and Baseball Giants thing going on because there is a collectible in game that is a ticket to a Torchers basketball game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Makes you wonder if the Giants never moved in '58 or its supposed to be an expansion/re-location.

Plus - weird that the NPCs wear a hockey jersey when the Torchers are a basketball team. Unless they're both sports?

Just a general question - do many real world teams ever release jerseys of another sport? ie. Lakers baseball jersey or Marlins hockey jersey. Can't think I've ever seen it - guess that's a whole thread unto its own.

1 hour ago, DukeofChutney said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Makes you wonder if the Giants never moved in '58 or its supposed to be an expansion/re-location.

Plus - weird that the NPCs wear a hockey jersey when the Torchers are a basketball team. Unless they're both sports?

Just a general question - do many real world teams ever release jerseys of another sport? ie. Lakers baseball jersey or Marlins hockey jersey. Can't think I've ever seen it - guess that's a whole thread unto its own.

There’s been a few crossovers by teams that have sponsored each other. Like the Blues and Cardinals have done jerseys for each other in warmups and BP, respectively. The Blues baseball jersey was a little more true to their actual look, while the Cards hockey warmup was just a Cardinals logo and font for numbers on a plain practice jersey. 

As for other teams I know the Ducks and the Angels have done that a few times, and so have the Twins and the Wild. But I don’t know about any other teams releasing jerseys in different styles for fans.

Basketball to football would make the most sense, as they both have the generally similar placement of front numbers and a general “lack of logos”...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived