Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL apologizes to Vegas for major penalty... 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26604171/nhl-apologizes-vegas-major-penalty-call

In addition, the two refs that worked game 7, Dan O'Halloran and Eric Furlatt, will not work the second round.

I don't know if removing these officials from Round 2 should be looked at as punishment or more as protection, because any game the were to officiate, any call would be scrutinized. 

5 minutes ago, DaRadniz29 said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26604171/nhl-apologizes-vegas-major-penalty-call

In addition, the two refs that worked game 7, Dan O'Halloran and Eric Furlatt, will not work the second round.

I don't know if removing these officials from Round 2 should be looked at as punishment or more as protection, because any game the were to officiate, any call would be scrutinized. 

Are they out of round 2 with pay or without pay?

With pay: protection, because any game the were to officiate, any call would be scrutinized.

Without pay: they are suspended.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Are they out of round 2 with pay or without pay?

With pay: protection, because any game the were to officiate, any call would be scrutinized.

Without pay: they are suspended.

Well refs only get paid for games they officiate so... atleast that’s the way it is in other sports leagues. 

1 hour ago, DaRadniz29 said:

a lot of good it does now.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

When your first line fails to show up for a second straight playoff game what do you expect  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Sharks homer here; not intentionally, and hopefully not accidentally, being obtuse but I don’t agree with this move by the NHL. After the fact, yes it was a tough call for Vegas but you know what? The refs have very little time to react and for a player to be lying motionless on the ice with blood, they huddled and called it based on the written rules of the game. The only reason this turned into such a controversy is because the benefitting team ended up scoring 4 goals in 4 minutes. If they hadn’t, we wouldn’t even be talking about it today. If the NHL is as serious about player safety as they say they are, then they made the correct call based on the situation at the time. 

End soapbox rant. If I am being obtuse, please tell me because I was really irritated upon reading this earlier today. 

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Seth Jones is a special talent. It’s too bad the Norris is presented for most points and not actual defensive performance.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Well, that sucks. That aside, this looks like it could end up being a helluva series. Jackets gotta get game two. 

This is already way beefier than the Leafs series, and there’s actual history there. Did not expect this kind of intensity from game 1 but I love it.

Archived