Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Quillz said:

As I said, I only casually watch hockey. But one thing I just found out was they did not revert to the pre-1993 playoff format like I thought they did beginning in 2014, as non-division rivals can meet in the second round. I actually preferred that older setup, even if made the playoff matchups more predictable. But on the other hand, the current structure rewards stronger divisions.

If Buttman was adiment about putting teams in places that actually drew crowds. The Panthers wouldn't exist anymore and the Jackets probably would have went to the Adams to begin with.

7 hours ago, The Six said:

You don't have to worry about the Bruins winning the Cup, guys. The Kings didn't make the playoffs, and we all know Boston only beats LA to win championships now.

San Jose's close enough, Right? They also beat St Louis teams too😋

7 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I don't really remember where I heard it, but in the playoffs the team with the hottest goaltender usually wins. This year it looks like the Islanders.

I'd argue it's Bobrovsky, he's a major reason the BJ made it this far.  

12 hours ago, Lafarge said:

Patrice Bergeron is garbage. You can sit there and say how hems “earned respect” or some other BS, he’s been complete trash in these playoffs and lost the game because he was lazy. 

Cant wait for everyone to blame Tuukka for the Bruins not winning the Cup when the first line forgot how hockey works.

Sorry that Bergeron is a bit tired, most likely because he spent the game hustling back into the defensive zone for five periods because Marchand, Pastrnak, and Heinen, who he is constantly lined with, don't do dick in their own zones. This team has a lot of problems, such as Jake DeBrusk somehow deciding to drop the puck back when he's four feet from Bobrovsky with nothing in the way or Charlie Coyle thinking it's a marvelous idea to make a no look pass right in front of his own net. Bergeron is getting opportunities. He's just not capitalizing. There is a huge difference between that and not getting opportunities, which is what Marchand and Pastrnak are doing because they are getting too fancy and just gliding around half the game.

This team has some problems but Patrice Bergeron's effort is not one of them.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

3 hours ago, Brass said:

Sorry that Bergeron is a bit tired, most likely because he spent the game hustling back into the defensive zone for five periods because Marchand, Pastrnak, and Heinen, who he is constantly lined with, don't do dick in their own zones. This team has a lot of problems, such as Jake DeBrusk somehow deciding to drop the puck back when he's four feet from Bobrovsky with nothing in the way or Charlie Coyle thinking it's a marvelous idea to make a no look pass right in front of his own net. Bergeron is getting opportunities. He's just not capitalizing. There is a huge difference between that and not getting opportunities, which is what Marchand and Pastrnak are doing because they are getting too fancy and just gliding around half the game.

This team has some problems but Patrice Bergeron's effort is not one of them.

You forgot to mention the Chara A La Carte menu. This playoffs we’re offering:

-Borderline Interfence

-The 2 line pass turnover

-The back hand flip turnover

-Perplexed look at all times

-Ability to look like you’re skating in peanut butter

Enjoy.

Odd game; felt like a regular season, not a round 2 game. Colorado made the best of their chances, Sharks missed on theirs until it was too late. They better show up in Denver and get home ice back or they're in trouble.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Who needs goals when you can chirp like Brad Marchand, apparently. If Marchand and Pastrnak continue to do nothing in game 4, then the series is over even if the Bruins even the series 2-2.

what the hell is ccslc?

The Blue Jackets are going to win the Stanley Cup. You can’t beat a goalie this hot in the playoffs.

what the hell is ccslc?

7 minutes ago, Brass said:

The Blue Jackets are going to win the Stanley Cup. You can’t beat a goalie this hot in the playoffs.

This. This reminds me a bit of that Montreal series a few years back when Price and The Post won it for them. Bob is singlehandedly stealing this series, and if I wasn’t a Bruins fan I’d say it’s fun as hell to watch.

Outside of Bob, Colombus hasnt been all that impressive in all honesty. The Bruins just seem content to continue to beat themselves.

The right team is up 2-1 right now. If Boston ever decides to find their game they can take the series - but not looking great right now.

Archived