Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, JG36 said:

Jackets are pretty tough though, I’ll give them that. Should be a pretty tight series. 6-7 games.

The way these playoffs have been going, anything can happen. The Bruins are a much more well rounded team who, unlike the Lightning, handle the playoffs infinitely better. And that's why I'm worried this series could take a turn for the worse and the Blue Jackets could get swept.

Just now, RyanMcD29 said:

Isles lost but looked like the better team. Mrazek won a goalie duel and those things happen. If they play like they did on D and do a little better executing on offense, they'll be just fine Game 2.

25 giveaways in the game and Clutterbuck's giveaway which led to the odd man rush and the goal was just painful.  They have to avoid stuff like that if they're going to win.  The anemic power play (0-4) didn't help either  They need to show up.  But Lehner, that guy's a beast sign him long term over the summer.

2 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I'm sorry but no, that was clear Goalie interference. 

So you're telling me it's goalie interference when the D man pushes the opposing forward into the goalie?  Sorry, that goal should have counted and no penalty should have been called.

12 minutes ago, tp49 said:

So you're telling me it's goalie interference when the D man pushes the opposing forward into the goalie?  Sorry, that goal should have counted and no penalty should have been called.

Was it preventing him from making a save, and was he in the crease?

That's what I was always told goalie interference was.  

Due to it them playing on the west coast normally, and the fact it was only a 5 game series, I haven’t seen the Avs until tonight, but man their offense is as good as I’ve heard. Their attack seems really good and with a young guy like McKinnon, and Soderberg, Rantanen, and Landeskog, plus the addition of Makar and also the veteran goaltender in Grubauer make them better than you’d think. Don’t expect this one to be over in less than 6.

Rough start for the Sharks again. Slightly more understandable after a physically and emotionally exhausting game 7 but please please PLEASE don't make that a theme again in this round. Jumbo's line was outta sight tonight. Jones did exactly what he needed.

Nathan MacKinnon scares the hell out of me. Hopefully that fear will not amount to anything. Go Sharks.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

19 minutes ago, MiK said:

Just gonna leave this here....

I'm glad the Sharks won the first round series against Vegas and got the W tonight against a tough, speedy and skilled Avalanche team. I had a feeling that tweet was coming once the Sharks killed off that PK, but the Sharks twitter better be careful, they do realize they'll play the Golden Knights again next season...multiple times, right?

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

GFB, a far better poster than being the butt of such a joke would normally indicate.

That’s right. He was just young at the time and has owned it since.  

The funniest part of “scheduling loss” to me was that I’m pretty sure it came after a loss in a game 3 or game 4 when both teams had been on the same schedule for a week so it made even less sense. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, Quillz said:

New England Revolution?

Honestly, at this point, compared to the rest of the MLS the Revs don’t even qualify as a professional team. 

spacer.png

Archived