2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this: https://deadspin.com/msg-shareholders-sue-james-dolan-reportedly-for-spendi-1834458672

And then I decided to watch some JD & the Straight Shot videos on YouTube. Now I'm depressed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I read this: https://deadspin.com/msg-shareholders-sue-james-dolan-reportedly-for-spendi-1834458672

And then I decided to watch some JD & the Straight Shot videos on YouTube. Now I'm depressed.

With all this talk of Kyrie & KD going to Knicks. I just can't see it with this clown in charge. There is going to be a lot of pissed off Knicks fans this summer especially if they sign with Brooklyn, if it's even feasible. 

26 minutes ago, Wings said:

With all this talk of Kyrie & KD going to Knicks. I just can't see it with this clown in charge. There is going to be a lot of pissed off Knicks fans this summer especially if they sign with Brooklyn, if it's even feasible.  

Can you imagine Dolan in a pitch meeting with Kyrie and Durant? There's no way they'd take that cornball seriously.

The problem with Dolan is he has no idea how out of touch he is. He could cash out and sell the Knicks and sit on a pile of billions and record all the :censored:ty albums he wanted to forever. I think playing at MSG before Billy Joel may really be that important to him. :censored:er.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't watch much basketball but I watched TOR vs PHI last night.  Is Kawhi Leonard considered at least one of the top 5 players in the league?  I can't remember the last time I saw someone as good as him.  Every time he had the ball I just assumed he was going to score or make a great pass or get his own rebound.  Maybe his defense could use some work (at least last night), but he was so clearly the best player on that court - and there were several really good players out there - he has to be right up there with LeBron and Curry, right?

Also...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In 2016, the Spurs won 69 games and there was a lot of talk about Kawhi winning the MVP that year, but ultimately it was just talk and Curry was unanimous.

In 2017, Kawhi had the Spurs up 20 in game one of the WCF before Zaza Pachuli crippled him and the Spurs were swept as a result.

In 2017-18, Kawhi played 9 games and everyone kind of forgot about him.

In 2018-19, Kawhi's been on a season-long minutes restriction, and hasn't played the second night of back-to-backs until the postseason.

So, the long answer to your question is that, yes, people think Kawhi is a top five player. It's just been so long since he's been a full-time player that it's hard to tell.

Everything you need to know about Kawhi you can see here:

Well again, that ws the only time I've watched him, but he looks capable of winning a ton of games all by himself, even with four turds around him.  It basically took 4 all-star-caliber players and JJ Redick all playing well in order to beat him.  He just kinda does whatever he wants to and unless his teammates let him down, it works.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well again, that ws the only time I've watched him, but he looks capable of winning a ton of games all by himself, even with four turds around him.  It basically took 4 all-star-caliber players and JJ Redick all playing well in order to beat him.  He just kinda does whatever he wants to and unless his teammates let him down, it works. 

When Kawhi is on, yes, he's absolutely a top three player in the game.

The list is probably LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Harden and Curry. Though Giannis is right on the edge. Embiid is rounding into a top ten guy too. 

44 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Which teams have the best shot at Zion in the NBA Draft?

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/13/draft-lottery-odds-order-decided-official-release

New York: 14.0%
Cleveland: 14.0%
Phoenix: 14.0%
Chicago: 12.5%
Atlanta: 10.5%
Washington: 9.0%
New Orleans: 6.0%
Memphis1: 6.0%
Dallas2: 6.0%
Minnesota: 3.0%
Los Angeles Lakers: 2.0%
Charlotte: 1.0%
Miami: 1.0%
Sacramento (to Boston or to Philadelphia)3: 1.0%

1: This pick may be conveyed to Boston.
2: This pick may be conveyed to Atlanta.
3: This pick will be conveyed to Boston via Philadelphia, or to Philadelphia.

Bill Simmons had a podcast this week talked about how underrated Kevin Durant is. It was so frustrating because while his guest mentioned Durant will never get his due due to the team he joined, neither mentioned that Durant's life is SO much easier playing with the Warriors than it otherwise would be.

They said Durant may win three titles in a row and has eclipsed LeBron. To that, I say, take Durant off the Warriors, and they're still a top four in the West. Take LeBron off the Cavs, and they're tied for first in lottery odds. FFS.

28 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Bill Simmons had a podcast this week talked about how underrated Kevin Durant is. It was so frustrating because while his guest mentioned Durant will never get his due due to the team he joined, neither mentioned that Durant's life is SO much easier playing with the Warriors than it otherwise would be.

They said Durant may win three titles in a row and has eclipsed LeBron. To that, I say, take Durant off the Warriors, and they're still a top four in the West. Take LeBron off the Cavs, and they're tied for first in lottery odds. FFS.

That was with Rusillo and wasn't that one highlighted by Bill trying to showcase his boy trying to do hip hop?

LeBron left and the Cavs became garbage. At least Donovan, Presti, and Russ kept the Thunder a playoff team post-KD, albeit not a team who does not win a round.

His podcast with Jackie MacMillan was much more entertaining.

No, it was Dan Devine.

Agreed on Jackie MacMullan. I'm not a huge fan of her Windhorst pod appearances, but she was sharing great stories with Simmons. I had no idea about Isiah's brother!

Wild game between Denver and Portland. It was so fun to watch that I forgot about the possibility of them getting destroyed in the next round by Golden State.

Felt good.

Archived