NFL draft picks in new jerseys 2019

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they ask for it on a legal document it has the same affect as a maiden name, thus it is a part of his legal name. 

Not really. It's just an old tradition that's been carried over and is not used as an official attribute for determining identity. You're going to be on the hook for defaulting on a mortgage regardless if you're named John Smith or John Smith IV as long as I have the first/last name and the correct social security number. Same thing with a legal summons, they are going to look at first/last name and DOB to identify you. Middle names are not even essential identifiers in any official or legal sense because not everyone has them. The only way a surname would be part of a legal name is if your last name was changed to include it which would be impractical as you would no longer have the same last name as the rest of your family.

12 hours ago, guest23 said:

Not really. It's just an old tradition that's been carried over and is not used as an official attribute for determining identity. You're going to be on the hook for defaulting on a mortgage regardless if you're named John Smith or John Smith IV as long as I have the first/last name and the correct social security number. Same thing with a legal summons, they are going to look at first/last name and DOB to identify you. Middle names are not even essential identifiers in any official or legal sense because not everyone has them. The only way a surname would be part of a legal name is if your last name was changed to include it which would be impractical as you would no longer have the same last name as the rest of your family.

Maybe we should just put the last four of players' SSN on thr uniform. It could work for their name AND number. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, ZipperClub said:

Interesting that the Bears have their own 100th logo but the Cardinals don’t. They’re the only two charter franchises around.

Bears are just following the Packers lead from last year 😉

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Interesting that the Bears have their own 100th logo but the Cardinals don’t. They’re the only two charter franchises around.

The Cardinals wore a 100 year patch a few years back as they are older than the league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Putting the NFL 100 logo on the collar is going to irritate me all year long. The NFL shield fits that space so well, and having the smaller shield with text above it just doesn't work in that small of a space. It seems so unnecessary. I'm not a fan of the NFL 100 logo either, but that's a different story. 

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Putting the NFL 100 logo on the collar is going to irritate me all year long. The NFL shield fits that space so well, and having the smaller shield with text above it just doesn't work in that small of a space. It seems so unnecessary. I'm not a fan of the NFL 100 logo either, but that's a different story. 

You're not wrong, though I do kinda like little details like this that tell you exactly which season a photo is from when you look at them in retrospect.

3 hours ago, Gupti said:

You're not wrong, though I do kinda like little details like this that tell you exactly which season a photo is from when you look at them in retrospect.

I agree with you there. Anniversary patches or having the 50 on the field colored gold are cool things that help with this. This year will certainly be easily identifiable in pictures. 

13 minutes ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Two things- 

1. Where are the Jets' rookies

2. Is the NFL letting the Rams wear their throwbacks as the primary homes again this year?

1 - Standing next to the Packers rookies.

2 - Sure. Wasn't it MADE the primary uniform?

It's where I sit.

45 minutes ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

1. Thanks, still getting used to new unis

2. Didn't know if that was a one-year thing or until they move in

1 - That was a joke. There are no Packers in the picture, either. 🙂

It's where I sit.

Archived