2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Paul George will miss the first month or so and Kawhi will be playing 2 out of every 3 games. I think the Clippers will be very good in the playoffs at full strength, but they'll be playing a chunk of their initial games with an effectively worse lineup that last year (no Gallinari, SGA, PG or Kawhi). I think they'll be a top 4 seed in the west, but not the 1.

I really wanna say Denver because I don't think a lot of people were originally high on them before last season, and they ended up looking good. Although for some reason, I'm worried they'll fade like the 2015-2016 Atlanta Hawks.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee lost Brogdon and Mirotic, but reloaded with the other Lopez brother, Wes Matthew's, Giannis' brother and now Kyle Korver.

Brogdon is more complete than who they've added, but they've added quality role players. Milwaukee is looking good for 19/20.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 7/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, Digby said:

Rough predictions for playoff teams. Outside the playoffs, who cares. And obviously midseason trades and injuries will blow this all to hell anyway, so what's the point? In each conference, but especially the east, I think we're dealing with two clear contenders, three or four solid good teams, and two or three quick playoff exits.

East:

1. Bucks

2. Sixers

3. Pacers

4. Nets

5. Raptors

6. Celtics

7. Heat

8. Pistons

West:

1. Clippers

2. Rockets

3. Blazers

4. Lakers

5. Nuggets

6. Jazz

7. Warriors

8. Mavs

I’ve seen it a lot, but the mavs aren’t making the playoffs. And you’re really high on the rockets and low on the Nuggets I think the playoffs will be almost identical to last year, team wise, with only the thunder being replaced by the lakers.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

RC Buford stepping down as Spurs GM, will remain with the organization.

(Brian) Wright came to the Spurs from the Pistons a couple of years ago. That said, don’t expect a big change in how things are done in the Spurs front office. For one thing, Popovich is still there. Also, Wright has an excellent reputation around the league as being smart and a straight shooter. On top of all of that, Buford will remain his ultimate boss, although Buford’s role will change into one of more of a business manager for Spurs Sports & Entertainment.

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Milwaukee lost Brogdon and Mirotic, but reloaded with the other Lopez brother, Wes Matthew's, Giannis' brother and now Kyle Korver.

Brogdon is more complete than who they've added, but they've added quality role players. Milwaukee is looking good for 19/20.

Time out...so the Bucks have both Sideshow Mel and Sideshow Bob now AND Giannis' brother? (Had no idea there was even another Antetokounmbro out there, much less in the L.*) And they're all on the same squad? Has any other team anywhere ever had two sets of brothers on the same team at the same time before?

Might be time for the Bucks to repurpose the Pittsburgh Pirates' "theme song" for themselves...

*Apparently there are two other Antetokounmbros out there, as well. This could get interesting. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Time out...so the Bucks have both Sideshow Mel and Sideshow Bob now AND Giannis' brother? (Had no idea there was even another Antetokounmbro out there, much less in the L.*) And they're all on the same squad? Has any other team anywhere ever had two sets of brothers on the same team at the same time before?

Might be time for the Bucks to repurpose the Pittsburgh Pirates' "theme song" for themselves...

*Apparently there are two other Antetokounmbros out there, as well. This could get interesting. 

They signed the brother who played 2 NBA games for the KNICKS in 2016, and the rest of the time in G-League and Spanish league. The remaining brother who plays (Kostas) was the final pick of last years draft by the 76ers and immediately traded to Dallas and played G League. He also got cut yesterday.

MIL

PHI

BKN

BOS

IND

MIA

ORL

ATL

DEN

UTA

LAC

LAL

GSW

HOU

POR

SAS

more thoughts:

if michael porter jr. is as good as people thought he was before he hurt his back, the nuggets are looking like a monstrous regular season team.

the major trade question marks are whether CP3 or Beal get moved and if the Raptors decide to rebuild or prefer to use some assets to retool at some point in the season.

KD, PG3, Oladipo, Klay, Nurkic are all slated to miss good amounts (in KD's case probably all) of the following season.

atlanta, dallas and new orleans will the most fun of the "bad" teams, but if atlanta can improve by 11 wins from 29 to 40--not crazy if Reddish and Hunter are good-- i think that's a playoff team in the east.

the knicks will be a bit better than people expect.

the hornets will be the worst team in the league by a wide margin.

50 minutes ago, TJKiddsHead said:

MIL

PHI

BKN

BOS

IND

MIA

ORL

ATL

DEN

UTA

LAC

LAL

GSW

HOU

POR

SAS

more thoughts:

if michael porter jr. is as good as people thought he was before he hurt his back, the nuggets are looking like a monstrous regular season team.

the major trade question marks are whether CP3 or Beal get moved and if the Raptors decide to rebuild or prefer to use some assets to retool at some point in the season.

KD, PG3, Oladipo, Klay, Nurkic are all slated to miss good amounts (in KD's case probably all) of the following season.

atlanta, dallas and new orleans will the most fun of the "bad" teams, but if atlanta can improve by 11 wins from 29 to 40--not crazy if Reddish and Hunter are good-- i think that's a playoff team in the east.

the knicks will be a bit better than people expect.

the hornets will be the worst team in the league by a wide margin.

Before he hurt is back, Porter was playing against 17 year olds.  It wasn't his back holding him out from Summer League, it was his knee.

Outside of the top two, the East is surprisingly hard to predict. It’s pretty obvious who the playoff teams will be, with maybe one or two decent teams ending up on the outside looking in, but their placement is a total crapshoot. I would say it goes:

1. Bucks

2. Sixers

3. Celtics

4. Pacers

5. Nets

6. Magic

7. Raptors

8. Heat

First teams out: Pistons, Hawks

Clearly, I’m much higher on the Magic than anyone else who isn’t a fan of the team, but I’m really optimistic about this team. Now, headed west:

1. Clippers

2. Nuggets

3. Lakers

4. Jazz

5. Warriors

6. Trail Blazers

7. Rockets

8. Spurs

First teams out: Mavericks, Pelicans

My “hot take”, if you will, is that the Rockets are going to implode. The Westbrook/Harden combination seems like a terrible idea, and they will be practically fighting each other for the ball.

ExJworW.png

I feel like trying to rank teams 1-8 this early on is like trying to predict the exact temperature a year from now. Sure, you may have a general idea but the specifics are all a shot in the dark.

Broadly? I think the only things we can say with any degree of certainty is that the top spot in the East will be the Bucks' to lose and that the West is a three-way dance between the Clippers, Lakers, and Nuggets.

I will say I'm excited though. This is the most wide-open the NBA has seemed in years.

1. Bucks

2. Sixers

3. Pacers

4. Celtics

5. Nets

6. Heat

7. Raptors

8. Pistons

9. Magic- Honestly it could be them or the Pistons at number 8

After 9, there's a massive drop off. NY, CHI, ATL, WASH, CHA and CLE will all be atrocious. 

10. Chicago

11. Atlanta

12. Washington

13. Charlotte

14. New York

15. Cleveland

1. Clippers

2. Rockets

3. Lakers

4. Nuggets

5. Jazz

6. Trail Blazers

7. Warriors

8. Spurs

9. Mavericks (will be competitive, but they're essentially just Luka and Porzingis)

10. Pelicans (I think they surprise a lot of people. They're deep, and will have one of the best D's in the league)

11. OKC

12. Sacramento

13. Minnesota

14. Phoenix

15. Memphis

sig.png

I'm going to keep saying it until you jerks listen: the Clippers aren't playing for the 1 seed. Kawhi will play two thirds of the season and Paul George may not play until after Thanksgiving. They'll be good, but not regular-season good like Denver.

Denver will be approaching 60-65 wins. The Clips are going to top out at 55.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'm going to keep saying it until you jerks listen: the Clippers aren't playing for the 1 seed. Kawhi will play two thirds of the season and Paul George may not play until after Thanksgiving. They'll be good, but not regular-season good like Denver.

Denver will be approaching 60-65 wins. The Clips are going to top out at 55.

You better stop doubtin' Mo Williams. 😃

Side Note:  Have you see how off-brand the USA World Cup roster looks like?

Here are the 17, which will be cut to 12:

Harrison Barnes

Andre Drummond

Kemba Walker

Kevin Love

Kyle Lowry

Khris Middleton

Myles Turner

Kyle Kuzma

Brook Lopez

Paul Millsap

Jayson Tatum

P.J. Tucker

Donovan Mitchell

Marcus Smart

Thaddeus Young

Jaylen Brown

Julius Randle

On 7/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Digby said:

Tim Duncan is rejoining the Spurs as an assistant coach. Might be the best thing that team sees all season. All-timer quote from Pop:

Best thing? I mean think about the other times that a former real good player had been part of a team’s  coaches/gm staff.......spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

Best thing? I mean think about the other times that a former real good player had been part of a team’s  coaches/gm staff.......spacer.png

Thinking of someone Knicks-related, but Patrick Ewing spent plenty of years as an assistant coach before going back to coach the Georgetown men's team.

The difference between Duncan and ol' Zeke up there is the former (for all accounts) isn't the egomaniac that the latter was in his playing days (and certainly during his tenures as a team executive).  I believe because of Duncan's familiarity and quiet demeanor, he would be an excellent fit on Pop's coaching staff.   Plus, it keeps in line with George Gervin and David Robinson, as legendary Spurs that continue to contribute to the team/city while in retirement.

East:

Milwaukee

Philadelphia

Indiana

Boston

Brooklyn

Miami

Toronto

Detroit

First out would be Atlanta, and maybe Orlando, although I’m doubtful

West:

Denver

Portland

Clippers

Lakers

Utah

San Antonio

Houston

Golden State

First out would be Sacramento or Dallas, and outside of those I see a big drop of in wins.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I feel like trying to rank teams 1-8 this early on is like trying to predict the exact temperature a year from now. Sure, you may have a general idea but the specifics are all a shot in the dark.

Broadly? I think the only things we can say with any degree of certainty is that the top spot in the East will be the Bucks' to lose and that the West is a three-way dance between the Clippers, Lakers, and Nuggets.

I will say I'm excited though. This is the most wide-open the NBA has seemed in years.

Oh for sure; I prefer looking at it in terms of tiers. Something like legit contenders, solid playoff teams, bubble teams, tankers. 

But it does seem like the solid tier will be larger than normal, across both conferences.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived