Players on the wrong team, but the right uniform

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the thread is “player on the wrong team but in a better looking uniform”, then I’ll say Bryce Harper with the Phillies:

spacer.png

(Especially the throwbacks)

spacer.png

BUT if the thread were “player on the wrong team but in the uniform you still associate with him/her nonetheless”, then A-Rod with the Rangers comes to mind. Even after all his years as a Yankee, I never got the association of him as a Ranger out of my head. Couldn’t tell you why, I have no idea. It’s just there.

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

BUT if the thread were “player on the wrong team but in the uniform you still associate with him/her nonetheless”, then A-Rod with the Rangers comes to mind. Even after all his years as a Yankee, I never got the association of him as a Ranger out of my head. Couldn’t tell you why, I have no idea. It’s just there.

spacer.png

Me too but only because I had a Sports Illustrated For Kids poster of him in a Rangers jersey hanging in my room. 

XM4KeeA.png

Every time I see or think of the Mariners’ Star + Trident, I think of Gaylord Perry (I’m guessing because of his 300th win). It’s probably the milestone effect, but the Mariners look at least more right than wrong on him to me.

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

There's one especially right answer here.

RAY-BOURQUE-Unsigned-COLORADO-AVALANCHE-

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived