2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

16 minutes ago, dont care said:

You are saying this like a eagles fan didn’t get into his face trying to start a fight knowing who he was. I don’t thing an IG post and happening to get into a fight on your way into the stadium as rubbing it in.

🤷‍♂️

You're a millionaire and a star athlete. They're not. Just ignore 'em and defend yourself by saying you'll support your hometown football team if the media asks you. Going out of your way to respond to (likely drunk) fans is making it worse, not better.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if they are going to be offering this with the Dolphins anymore.

A bettor at PointsBet has won the largest amount in the company’s history in the U.S. — $600,000 on a single wager.

The bettor wagered $30,000 per point on the Ravens (-6) against the Dolphins with a max win or loss of $600,000 via the company’s “Points Betting” product. The way Points Betting works is once the spread is covered, a bettor makes 1x the wager per point away from the spread. So, in this case, if the Ravens won by 6, the bettor would get nothing. Won by 7, the bettor gets 1x ($30,000); won by 11, it would be 5x ($150,000). The max win/loss for this particular wager was set at $600,000. So if the Ravens won by 26 or more, the bettor would win $600,000. Similarly, if the Ravens lost by 26 or more, the bettor would LOSE $600,000. The Ravens won by 49 — 59-10 — thanks to Lamar Jackson’s career game. PointsBet, an Australian company, is the only shop that does this kind of betting.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-week-1-betting-spreads-odds-vegas-bookmakers-sharps-darren-rovell

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I get what you're saying, but Mike Scott is allowed to like a football team that is from a different city than the franchise he plays for and people can go pound sand if they don't like it. Mike Scott could be traded to the Nuggets or Pelicans (or Wizards) tomorrow. And considering Philly's past treatment of players as assets, Philly fans really can't complain about Sixers players not having blind loyalty to the city.

I think Philly's treatment of players is no different than any other cities.  Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that Colt's fans were booing and taking off their jerseys because a player who has been living in pain decided to retire?  Anyway, If you look at the twitter comments, most people were pretty good natured about it, and I have to think that he was just hving fun knowing that his team was likely going to get killed (didn't work out that way though.)  Everyone recognizes that the players aren't from here and have their own allegiances, and I don't think anyone cares. 

Again, curious to see how the fight started - guessing it's some drunk meathead Eagles fan,but again, still doesn't make sense for an athlete to literally walk through a crowd of drunk fanatics and troll them.  Did he deserve to be in a fight?  Of course not.  Was there a non-zero chance of it happening and did he make the decision knowing that?  Yep.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm with BBTV here. I get that you're allowed to be a fan of whoever you want to be a fan of, and I don't even mind if you go to a game for another team in the town you play in and wear the other team's cap or jersey. Fans should realize that hey, you're a person you have your own loyalties, and respect that.

At the same time? If you're that athlete? Probably best not to be a total jack :censored: about it. Just wear your Washington jersey, go to the game, enjoy yourself. And if people give you grief just say "I'm from northern Virginia, what do you want?"

Still don't know the facts, but yeah - I don't think anyone cares that he's a Washington fan.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Yep continue blaming the refs like you did last year.

Try to be more like your user name.  If you want to bring up last year, then prove to me that the Eagles didn't recover the fumble.  If you cannot, then please slam a door on your fingers so you can't type anymore.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

You are saying this like a eagles fan didn’t get into his face trying to start a fight knowing who he was. I don’t thing an IG post and happening to get into a fight on your way into the stadium as rubbing it in.

I don't know what happened.  I know that walking through a place where youknow that there are drunk lowlifes (that pay to see you and pay to wear your jersey) and taunting them isn't the smartest thing, even if it doesn't warrant any kind of physical altercation (assuming that a fan started it, and that pretty much has to be the case.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

People who get into fights based on jerseys all deserve to get put in a meat grinder.

Totally.  I will never understand the feeling of superiority one gets by putting on a jersey, or the cowardness-mistaken-for-bravery of taunting while surrounded by a gang of perceived allies.  Someone going to a game to support their team isn't in any way threatening anyone, but some people take it as if they're the enemy in a legitimate war and if they win, then their wives will be raped, their homes seized, and themselves put to death. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

55 minutes ago, Brass said:

That 4th quarter was the most Matt Patricia defensive play calling I’ve ever seen.

I feel 7 years older watching that game. How the hell do you waste a timeout the way Patricia did?

Dak played as flawless as a game as you can. I'm going to give Moore the benefit of the doubt, being his first week as OC, but when I first heard they were promoting him, I scoffed.

It's only the first week, and I'm going to need a few more weeks before I shed this trepidation, but I have to say the whole offense feels so much better thanks to Linehan no longer jamming the car in neutral all the time.

Dallas really needs to start 3-0, and they have very winnable games against Washington (who blew a 3 score lead) and Miami (who just lost by 7 touchdowns), before a huge measuring stick game against the Saints.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

10 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dak played as flawless as a game as you can. I'm going to give Moore the benefit of the doubt, being his first week as OC, but when I first heard they were promoting him, I scoffed.

It's only the first week, and I'm going to need a few more weeks before I shed this trepidation, but I have to say the whole offense feels so much better thanks to Linehan no longer jamming the car in neutral all the time.

Dallas really needs to start 3-0, and they have very winnable games against Washington (who blew a 3 score lead) and Miami (who just lost by 7 touchdowns), before a huge measuring stick game against the Saints.

I couldn’t believe it, the Cowboys were scheming guys open. I haven’t seen that in years. Finding favorable matchups and exploiting them. I’m still in shock.

I know we only played the Giants, and they look like they will have a terrible defense this season, but we had players running wide open and Dak was finding them (something he struggled with last season). Even when they occasionally had good coverage, Dak was still throwing dimes. Zeke didn’t have a good game and the Giants still couldn’t stop us. 

We had the Giants confused from the start. Just seeing a Cowboys offense being unpredictable and confusing an opposing defense after years of Linehan’s predictable offense, was a sight for sore eyes.

Hopefully we can continue this. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Kind of like with Lamar in the Baltimore-Miami game, it's kind of hard to tell how much of it was Dak, and how much was the Giants defense being wet paper.  

I do have a feeling the Cowboys are going to start off pretty hot, and Jerry Jones will jump the gun and give Jason Garret a new contract halfway through the season. 

If they have yet another 1st or 2nd round playoff loss, Jones really needs to get rid of him. Otherwise he's basically saying he's ok with mediocrity 

1 hour ago, Gary. said:

I feel 7 years older watching that game. How the hell do you waste a timeout the way Patricia did?

That game was stupid. Kyler Murray looked awesome when he was doing Kyler Murray things, but he's so small! Not breaking news or anything, but he looks smaller than Doug Flutie did. Much faster though.

It's never going to work out for Matt Patricia, is it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived