2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MNF was entertaining, but Joe Tess went very overboard in calling it, "a masterpiece".  Seven turnovers and one more if you count a turnover on downs.  When the 49er kicker missed, I wanted a tie as I didn't want to see the loss blamed on the dude.

Entertaining, oh yea.  Masterpiece, oh no. 

Not apropos of anything, I just had a weird thought as I was prepping hot chocolate this morning.

Why must Chad Johnson's hot chocolate be heated to precisely 85 Celsius? Because only then is it Hocho Cinco.

The right team won last night but the refereeing was seriously suspect.

What happens? The refs put points on the board for San Francisco and were actively against Seattle. It's seldom that a team is able to overcome officiating, but even though Seattle did the league still needs to talk about why the refs last night were so bad.

If nothing else, Vegas should be concerned.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The NFL needs to hire full-time referees. Have a referee school during training camp/preseason so by the time we get to Week 1 we don't have any mass botchery like we've seen in the last few years. And if sports gambling is going to continue to get legalized in more and more states, then this needs to be a thing today unless the NFL wants to be hounded with accusations of rigging contests.

NFL dropped them all to PT in the spring, but they're still gonna side hustle due to the demand.

13 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

The NFL needs to hire full-time referees. Have a referee school during training camp/preseason so by the time we get to Week 1 we don't have any mass botchery like we've seen in the last few years. And if sports gambling is going to continue to get legalized in more and more states, then this needs to be a thing today unless the NFL wants to be hounded with accusations of rigging contests.

Full time won't make a difference. Last year, 20% were full time and it didn't get better. 

Deadspin would have been writing about what a disaster last night was for officiating.

Are there any other sports sites that go in that direction? Or is everyone Sticking to Sports?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Deadspin would have been writing about what a disaster last night was for officiating.

Are there any other sports sites that go in that direction? Or is everyone Sticking to Sports?

Officiating has been complained about universally

44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

Officiating has been complained about universally

Does anyone need to read an article about what referees went to the emergency room for putting bizarre things in a certain place where such things don't belong? Referees are very much a sports issue. Doesn't require any sort of political bent to see that.

27 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Does anyone need to read an article about what referees went to the emergency room for putting bizarre things in a certain place where such things don't belong?

*slowly raises hand*

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The right team won last night but the refereeing was seriously suspect.

What happens? The refs put points on the board for San Francisco and were actively against Seattle. It's seldom that a team is able to overcome officiating, but even though Seattle did the league still needs to talk about why the refs last night were so bad.

If nothing else, Vegas should be concerned.

Weird.  After actively working to send every call San Francisco's way all through the game, in overtime they took a first down from the 9ers  on a bad spot right before the missed kick in overtime (at least it seemed that way to my eyes)... Biased, or just really bad?

Seattle gets kinda screwed, as their game against the Eagles in two weeks just got moved from SNF to a 1PM Eastern game.  I think they're coming off a bye, so maybe they come into town early, but I imagine that pacific-time-zone teams playing at 1PM eastern time are at a measurable disadvantage.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Adam Gase gets the vote of confidence at 2-7. This was a Mandela Effect moment for me, as I could have sworn he was fired after losing to the Dolphins.

Vote of confidence is the kiss of death. So, not so much something that happened but something that will.

Unless you were a backup QB for the team you coached and you have pictures of the owner with a dead woman or a live boy. 

Archived