Black and White Uniforms Across MLB For Players’ Weekend 2019

tigerraven

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, cheo25 said:

They'll be popular with gang members, which MLB seems to think is one of its prime target audiences these days. Downright shameful.

Couldn't  have said it any better myself, this is clearly for the "These are lit :::insert fire emoji::::" crowd.

30 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Couldn't  have said it any better myself, this is clearly for the "These are lit :::insert fire emoji::::" crowd.

To be honest I don’t really think these are marketed well to anybody, even the young crowd. They’re literally just plain black & plain white jerseys. I normally don’t like when people say “this design probably took 5 minutes to come up with” but this might be one time where that actually might have been the case...

12 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

To be honest I don’t really think these are marketed well to anybody, even the young crowd. They’re literally just plain black & plain white jerseys. I normally don’t like when people say “this design probably took 5 minutes to come up with” but this might be one time where that actually might have been the case...

Yea, these are horrible, that any one with even a decent taste should not want these.

The one thing I like about this is that it affects the entire uniform, not just the jersey.

Imagine if they used actual team colors for this. We could have actually seen those unused 1974 Yankee road uniforms. 

Could this somehow be a Nike-influenced thing with Adidas taking over the Little League contract?  I could see this being a spite move with them taking over next year and them not wanting to be associated with jerseys modeled after something their rival makes.  And no better way to distance yourself from crazy colorful jerseys than to just go black and white.

VmWIn6B.png

No. No. no. NO.Who thought this is a good idea? 

-Very impossible to recognize: The logos really blend into the caps and you can't see the wordmarks on the uniforms when you're at the stadium, Even on television!

-The all black uniforms would become muggy in hot days(+30c):Remember, black absorbs heat. 

And I will can't stand if I'm wearing these jerseys in hot days!!

-Can't read the numbers and nameplate on the back: How you can recognize white on white and black on black???

This is a very ridiculous idea, of course.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

MLB probably knows that these uniforms don't look very sharp on their own and there isn't much of a market for the merchandise outside of that small demographic that likes to buy the "gangsta-inspired" gear (monochromatic white and black caps already exist; Pete Rose wears them). They must really be devoted to the "blank canvas" concept and running with it, because that's the only justification I can see for putting these on the field. I can't imagine they are dumb enough to think that these have mainstream, broad appeal outside of fans getting to see MLB players wearing colorful accessories.

It does make you wonder if the mastermind behind these players weekend unis also had some major say or voice in the Marlins latest rebranding.

9 hours ago, cheo25 said:

They'll be popular with gang members, which MLB seems to think is one of its prime target audiences these days. Downright shameful.

Yeah, they're garbage that'll turn people away from watching that weekend (IDK, play with the kids or do something fun right at the end of summer vacation), but don't bring that clown feces statement into this.

Archived