Gary

2019-2020 NHL Thread

On 8/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, crashcarson15 said:

The Blue Jackets pitch a shutout in a playoff game, what a truly strange world we live in.

Alright, that's more like the playoff Blue Jackets I'm used to.

Pretty epic win last night. Just keep playing like that and don't give up 3 goals first. 

19 hours ago, Sport said:

I like it because it gives those Top 4 teams some stakes in their games while their future 1st round opponents are playing actual playoff games. It'd be hard for those higher seeds to ramp up from scrimmage games straight into a best of 7 series against a team who's been playing high-intensity games for at least a week. 

This. While it's easy for me to sit back now and say what a stupid idea it is based on the amount of the actual season played and the current state of the Bruins, they had to play something. You can't just let the entire league have a head start on the playoff caliber hockey while the top 4 teams play exhibition games. I still think it should've been a 5 game set where each team plays twice since the "first round" is best of 5, but I digress.

I have not been watching much of the NHL since it has resumed, so is there a clear cut favorite to win the Stanley Cup or is the field wide open for yet another first time winner?

And there goes Florida. So that's the Rangers, Jets and Panthers eliminated now.

9 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I have not been watching much of the NHL since it has resumed, so is there a clear cut favorite to win the Stanley Cup or is the field wide open for yet another first time winner?

With the pandemic and acclimating to the bubble system, it really is a toss up more than ever. 

I honestly would not discount "play-in" teams like the Flames, Islanders, or even Blue Jackets." 

17 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

With the pandemic and acclimating to the bubble system, it really is a toss up more than ever. 

I honestly would not discount "play-in" teams like the Flames, Islanders, or even Blue Jackets." 

I am a big fan (in all sports) of teams looking for their first ever championship.  I have watched the last two Stanley Cup Finals for that reason alone.  In 2018, I didn't care who won because there were 2 first time teams and last year, I was rooting for St. Louis.  Also the reason I watched the NBA Finals and World Series last year.  

Panarin, Duchene, and Bobrovsky have all been eliminated before the Jackets, just as we all predicted.

10 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Bye bye Pittsburgh. Marleau won't even come close to the Cup.

spacer.png

Now if Chicago wins their series,  nearly all the worst possible teams will have made the playoffs. LOL

That would completely outdo last year where all the division winners lost i the 1st round. 

On 8/3/2020 at 10:55 PM, habsfan1 said:

Habs lose! 😃

The dream is alive.

DGDZtRK.jpg

i-had-some-hope-aaaand-its-gone.jpg

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Penguins are gonna get Lafreniere now, for usre.

Watch McDavid get a new pal now.

Lafreniere with Crosby / Malkin
Lafreniere with McDavid / Draisaitl
Unless a miracle happens - Lafreniere with Matthews / Marner

2 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Blue Jackets blew it! What a comeback Toronto Maple Leafs.

and here my wife was asking why TOR was pulling their Goalie with 4min left to play  LMAO