MLB 2019 Changes

Yankees, Red Sox Both Wear White and Ads on Uniforms in London

June 29, 2019 - 18:52 PM

The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox are over in the United Kingdom this afternoon, beginning a two-game set in London. The first-ever Major League Baseball games to be played not only in England, but in all of Europe. […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ads on jerseys will be a permanent thing eventually. Sadly, it's inevitable.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

It doesn't look bad on TV imo, and I kinda like the look. However I obviously don't know how it looks to those in the stadium.

The English crowd went wild.

But people who know better do not approve.

Though, on second thought, one thing that looks very nice is that both teams have no names on the back.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

12 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Ads on jerseys will be a permanent thing eventually. Sadly, it's inevitable.

Of course. The World Series is already being brought to us by YouTube TV. Soon, we'll be rooting for the New York Times Yankees, the Red Lobster Sox and the Jose Cuervo Tequila Sunrise Astros. It will be either Nippon baseball or Infinite Jest in real life.

23 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I don't understand the logic of the Yanks and Red Sox wearing their home jerseys. There have been games in other nations and the home/road rules still applied.

Yea but it’s the Yankees, MLBs favorite team. When they played the Rays in Japan they got to wear their home uniform and the Rays wore their road uni even though they were the designated home team. Definitely a bias.

2 hours ago, Elmos World 17 said:

Yea but it’s the Yankees, MLBs favorite team. When they played the Rays in Japan they got to wear their home uniform and the Rays wore their road uni even though they were the designated home team. Definitely a bias.

Not MLBs favorite team - the worlds favorite team. I’d bet that the hosts have more to do with the decision than mlb. To non-Americans, they’re not the famous Yankees is not wearing the pinstripes. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If this is the limit of ads (a little shoulder patch and a sticker on batting helmets), then I can handle it. As long as they don't become like soccer, where the ad is bigger than the team identification.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived