MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Majestic put their logo in such a weird spot for the Marlins vests. It's on the left shoulder but behind the seam so it's off centered and just seems very strange. Have they always done this on vests? Where do the Rockies vests have it? 

Edit: Just checked and the Rockies vests have it there too. Gosh that just seems so weird to me, way worse than at the bottom of the sleeve. I think I'd rather them put it on the front over the heart like where the NBA puts ads. Seems horrible to say that but in that spot it looks like it goes there as opposed to sideways on the back of the shoulder where it looks like maybe a bug landed there or something. 

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Majestic put their logo in such a weird spot for the Marlins vests. It's on the left shoulder but behind the seam so it's off centered and just seems very strange. Have they always done this on vests? Where do the Rockies vests have it? 

Edit: Just checked and the Rockies vests have it there too. Gosh that just seems so weird to me, way worse than at the bottom of the sleeve. I think I'd rather them put it on the front over the heart like where the NBA puts ads. Seems horrible to say that but in that spot it looks like it goes there as opposed to sideways on the back of the shoulder where it looks like maybe a bug landed there or something. 

Rockies are terrible with this when it comes to patches. Was it too much to ask to put the patch on the undershirt? The D-Backs got it right. 

spacer.png

XM4KeeA.png

It was so great to see those sleeveless unis in action again. Gave me goosebumps!

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I noticed this and it bothered me too. I suppose it wouldn't be possible to but the logo on the undershirt instead because it was likely made by a different manufacturer?

On 7/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm kind of a fan, to be honest. In my (unpopular opinion, I know) since the jerseys and pants are matching colors, it  looks more like an actual baseball  uniform than a color top over white would.

giphy.gif

Thank you.  I have always thought that baseball jerseys and pants should be the same color, even if that means maroon (Phillies, Indians), orange (Orioles), yellow (Pirates), black (Pirates), mustard (Padres), green (A's), or whatever color from neck to calf. 

The alternates over white/gray pants have been with us since the 1970s, but I'll never get used to them.  Just a really bad look, and the names that have been given them (softball tops, Little League jerseys, batting practice jerseys, Spring Training jerseys) are all appropriate. 

4 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

It was so great to see those sleeveless unis in action again. Gave me goosebumps!

I noticed this and it bothered me too. I suppose it wouldn't be possible to but the logo on the undershirt instead because it was likely made by a different manufacturer?

You're probably right, majestic is using their logo to promote the jersey not the undershirt. If it could be on the undershirt it probably would be. 

6 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Nike has MLB’s undershirt contract. I believe that if a player wears an undershirt of another company, or has a contract with a competing company, that logo cannot be seen on the undershirt. 

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Today

EAgX_MDWwAAot_8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Why is it so hard to add front numbers to replicas?

...and sleeve patches when necessary.  It's always irritated me.  Just charge a few bucks more and get them right.

2 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

I’m fairly certain the Marlins are wearing a slightly darker and bluer teal.

I'm not getting that impression at all, but I suppose it's not impossible. The only way to find out is to do a side by side comparison of jerseys from the respective time periods.

I was at that all-maroon Phillies game, and since the game sucked (from a local-fan perspective), all I heard was people around us talking about the uniforms.  By in large, people seemed to legitimately like them - and not in a 'so bad it's cool' kind of way.  Some of what I heard (which I agree with) is that they looked better on the guys that wore them knee-length, and with white shoes.  The zippers got a lot of criticism, which I can understand.  Couldn't tell if they were coolbase or doubleknit.

i don't think I'd want anything like this to be part of the regular rotation, not because they are totally out of the 70s, but because that 70s look clashes with the neo-retro park, as opposed to the astroturf Vet.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do today's players wear their pants legs up so high when the teams wear throwbacks.  Are they trying to seem authentic and fit in with the period?  If so, they are failing. Do they not realize that players did not wear their pants that high in the 1970s?

63567i_lg.jpeg

Ci0jzq-WsAA6Adn.jpg

Archived