MLB 2019 Changes

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I like the diamond returning, not sold on the colorful gradients.

I would assume the team colors of the winner would replace the rainbow colors in merchandise.

I think I'll be pulling for Houston in that case.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I would assume the team colors of the winner would replace the rainbow colors in merchandise.

I think I'll be pulling for Houston in that case.

From the article:

The colours behind the diamond can be customized depending on the team competing; though the actual on-field patches and logos will always show the full colouration. Broadcast, marketing, and other implementations could, for example, show a green and gold gradient for the Oakland Athletics or blue and orange for the Houston Astros rather than the full range.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

I said before, this is the best logo MLB has put out in years. It might be one of my favorites. I like the whole gradient gimmick they're going with. It adds a lot of variety depending on the teams involved. They put effort into this and that's something I can't say for a lot of playoff logos in other leagues. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 8/3/2019 at 6:37 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Days late but on the discussion of players wearing non team colors does anyone know why Nolan Arenado always has teal in his cleats and batting gloves? He's done this for years and years and it's such an uncommon color that I figure there's an actual explanation behind it. Anyone know? 

This isn't an actual answer but an anecdotal explanation for why I believe he has the teal on his gear.

When he got into the bigs he was a Nike guy to start out (still is), starting alongside fellow Nike athletes Tulo and Cargo. By that point they both had various pieces of gear that were purple, black and a third color. Tulo had volt trimmed gear and Cargo had pink as you can see in the batting gloves below.

My guess was always that he added a trim color that was unique to him and has stuck with it.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch just tweeted out this image and said, "Huh.  Ghost alternates, I guess. #PlayersWeekend".

EBTXYjkUEAYv4Ch?format=jpg&name=large

That's hideous.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

6 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch just tweeted out this image and said, "Huh.  Ghost alternates, I guess. #PlayersWeekend".

EBTXYjkUEAYv4Ch?format=jpg&name=large

That's hideous.

So they'll be wearing those white on white fashion caps... with matching jerseys...in real games?

Where's Ashton Kutcher at to tell us we've been punked?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 8/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ark said:

The gradient is such a simple design but it makes all the difference. 

I am usually not a fan of gradients, but it really, really works here. Interesting concept, and great execution.

I'm beginning to wonder whether we're about to see the return of the gradient in design. I hope not, as I'm not a huge fan, but these things move in cycles, and it seems like gradients are about to make a comeback.

I hate the gradient with the entire rainbow but I love the idea of the color changing depending on the team. The idea that the entire rainbow represents all 30 teams feels contrived because when you see it you don't think "oh look that's for all the teams" instead you think "oh look a rainbow!" 

3 hours ago, kroywen said:
On 8/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ark said:

The gradient is such a simple design but it makes all the difference. 

I am usually not a fan of gradients, but it really, really works here. Interesting concept, and great execution.

I'm beginning to wonder whether we're about to see the return of the gradient in design. I hope not, as I'm not a huge fan, but these things move in cycles, and it seems like gradients are about to make a comeback.

I don't think it works at all here, or anywhere else.  For me this logo is a perfect illustration of why gradients are always a poor choice. 

It is just as bad as the shadow effect on the word "Series", which is a step towards the dreaded faux-3D.  I thought that all aspects of faux-3D were going out of style. I dearly hope that faux-3D and gradients are not coming back, and that they continue their march into the dustbin of design history.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

19 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I don't think it works at all here, or anywhere else.  For me this logo is a perfect illustration of why gradients are always a poor choice. 

It is just as bad as the shadow effect on the word "Series", which is a step towards the dreaded faux-3D.  I thought that all aspects of faux-3D were going out of style. I dearly hope that faux-3D and gradients are not coming back, and that they continue their march into the dustbin of design history.

Yea, lets just have boring, sterile 2d logo's with just 1 or 2 colors.

2014-World-Series-Logo.jpg

No thanks

I thought the World Series really had something for a brief second when they hit the “Fall Classic” theme hard in 2011:

spacer.png

Not saying that it was the best WS logo ever (it wasn’t), but I thought the fall branding concept was a great, fresh route to explore and would’ve loved to see the league keep going on it. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived