MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that sort of logo application accurate to that era? It sort of looks like the bottom is glued on with raised lettering. Sort of a cheap 3d effect. Looking at 1969 photos, the entire logo should be stitched on in regular 2d fashion. I guess the 3d adds a bit of new flair. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Is that sort of logo application accurate to that era? It sort of looks like the bottom is glued on with raised lettering. Sort of a cheap 3d effect. Looking at 1969 photos, the entire logo should be stitched on in regular 2d fashion. I guess the 3d adds a bit of new flair. 

Yes it’s chain stitch embroidering which was common for the time. Only a few teams still use it like the cardinals and black hawks. And maybe a few others.

RobMaaddi

Cole Hamels says he didn't get permission to wear David Montgomery's initials on a patch on his uniform: "I'll take the fine. I don't care. David meant a lot to me." #Cubs #Phillies

Never realized the Cubs wear black belts.  That's dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Four ways the Angels ruin throwback night/weekend:

1. Red batting helmets...jfc Arte, spend $2,000 and buy navy helmets.

2. It’s a 70s look but the batterman is on the hats...this is a team choice, as plenty of pre-90s TBTC hats don’t have the batterman. 

3. Pay a few bucks so the visiting team has throwbacks, too. 

4. The last few years have been the same 70s uniforms. Mix it up, Arte..wear 60s, late 80s, 90s, etc. The TBTC uniforms worn in the 50th anniversary season were great. 

The Angels could use a Friday navy hat with red brim as an alt look. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I thought the Little League Classic this year was only between the Cubs and Pirates but Lids has several colorful caps up as 2019 Little League Classic caps...

https://www.lids.com/mlb-little-league-classic/o-7843+c-8902921711+z-852-1620722843

Anyone have an explanation for this? If these exist then it makes the black and white players weekend stuff even more upsetting. 

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Four ways the Angels ruin throwback night/weekend:

1. Red batting helmets...jfc Arte, spend $2,000 and buy navy helmets.

2. It’s a 70s look but the batterman is on the hats...this is a team choice, as plenty of pre-90s TBTC hats don’t have the batterman. 

3. Pay a few bucks so the visiting team has throwbacks, too. 

4. The last few years have been the same 70s uniforms. Mix it up, Arte..wear 60s, late 80s, 90s, etc. The TBTC uniforms worn in the 50th anniversary season were great. 

The Angels could use a Friday navy hat with red brim as an alt look. 

I wouldn't mind the 90's winged Angels unis for a throwback. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived