MLB 2019 Changes

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Four ways the Angels ruin throwback night/weekend:

1. Red batting helmets...jfc Arte, spend $2,000 and buy navy helmets.

2. It’s a 70s look but the batterman is on the hats...this is a team choice, as plenty of pre-90s TBTC hats don’t have the batterman. 

3. Pay a few bucks so the visiting team has throwbacks, too. 

4. The last few years have been the same 70s uniforms. Mix it up, Arte..wear 60s, late 80s, 90s, etc. The TBTC uniforms worn in the 50th anniversary season were great. 

The Angels could use a Friday navy hat with red brim as an alt look. 

I thought they looked like the 1970s Red Sox...Blue helmet would have solved that problem.

I think this is an unpopular opinion but the current Angels look is my favorite, by a lot.  I like the dominance of the dark shade of ted; it sets them apart from teams like Cleveland and the Twins.  I also prefer the silver (gray?) halo to the gold one.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I thought the Little League Classic this year was only between the Cubs and Pirates but Lids has several colorful caps up as 2019 Little League Classic caps...

https://www.lids.com/mlb-little-league-classic/o-7843+c-8902921711+z-852-1620722843

Anyone have an explanation for this? If these exist then it makes the black and white players weekend stuff even more upsetting. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Angels could use a Friday navy hat with red brim as an alt look. 

I've always thought they should have given a nod to their history dating back to the early 1960s and used that cap from the beginning of the current uniforms.  The red "A" on a red cap has never looked right to me.  It just doesn't pop enough.

26555b7906c3d6b4ea8bcf4c8281d20e_900x.jpg?v=1525185933

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I thought the Little League Classic this year was only between the Cubs and Pirates but Lids has several colorful caps up as 2019 Little League Classic caps...

https://www.lids.com/mlb-little-league-classic/o-7843+c-8902921711+z-852-1620722843

Anyone have an explanation for this? If these exist then it makes the black and white players weekend stuff even more upsetting. 

IDK but - this is an abomination:

spacer.png

And this needs to hit the field of play as soon as possible:

spacer.png

Maybe if the Rays embraced their lighter colors the Trop wouldn't feel as dreary on TV.

Anubis.png

10 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Interesting White Sox cap design:

spacer.png

My dad, who usually couldn’t care less about uniforms, was gushing over the throwbacks last night. He couldn’t stop talking about how these were the jerseys the Reds wore when he was growing up, and how they should’ve kept them. 

ExJworW.png

20 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

I've always thought they should have given a nod to their history dating back to the early 1960s and used that cap from the beginning of the current uniforms.  The red "A" on a red cap has never looked right to me.  It just doesn't pop enough.

26555b7906c3d6b4ea8bcf4c8281d20e_900x.jpg?v=1525185933

Co-sign all of this.

Also, something that annoys me about the Angels’ uniforms: They have a “halo A” in “Angels” across the front and it’s the logo on the hat. Do we really need a halo A on the right sleeve AND one (in a roundel!) on the left sleeve? It’s overkill.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

If a team blames losing on their uniforms, they have a lot bigger problems than the uniform they are wearing. 

I wouldn’t say blaming them for the loses as much as believing they’re cursed. I think it’s more superstition than anything else. 

1 minute ago, Brandon9485 said:

I wouldn’t say blaming them for the loses as much as believing they’re cursed. I think it’s more superstition than anything else. 

That is the same thing. Blaming a "curse" is just an excuse for your team not being good enough to win. 

50 minutes ago, Ark said:

That is the same thing. Blaming a "curse" is just an excuse for your team not being good enough to win. 

I see it slightly differently. They aren't saying the uniforms are stopping them from winning, but rather recognizing that they aren't very successful while wearing them. 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, Anubis2051 said:

And this needs to hit the field of play as soon as possible:

spacer.png

Maybe if the Rays embraced their lighter colors the Trop wouldn't feel as dreary on TV.

5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love that plus a powder blue jersey. Minimize the Navy

Just drop navy and be a sky blue and gold team, period.

4 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

The Cardinals new “victory blue” uniforms have been anything but victorious. Now the players have taken notice.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

That and they're not very good-looking. It's nice to have an excuse to drop them.

Serves them right for debuting them in Milwaukee.  Such a dick move for an organization that claims to have so much class.

Archived