MLB 2019 Changes

Anyone think the Reds keep the black for merchandise purposes more than anything? 

Cause I'm thinking they look great in just red and white on the field but they also have a variety of strong looking merchandise with the black. Cool things that I would be happy to rock if I was a Reds fan. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Anyone think the Reds keep the black for merchandise purposes more than anything? 

Cause I'm thinking they look great in just red and white on the field but they also have a variety of strong looking merchandise with the black. Cool things that I would be happy to rock if I was a Reds fan. 

That has to be the reason.  

also I think the adjustment they made to their shade of red was a downgrade.  

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What adjustment and when was this? 

When they redid their uniforms in 2007 they changed the Pantone red to 199. Not sure what it was before but it looked better.  When looking for a link I noticed they changed it again in 2013.  So I guess I was referring to the 2007-2012 red as being a downgrade.  It’s splitting hairs really 

let’s talk about teal shall we?

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

So I just came across an Instagram post that says Dodger Stadium has four different seating colors because they each represent something different... yellow is the sun, orange is the sand, blue is the sky, and turquoise is the ocean.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this, can anyone confirm this?

Never heard that much thought put into it, I just figured it was the early '60s and pastels were in (they switched to primary colors + orange when those were in but went back).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

There’s probably a thread dedicated to the Reds current home uniform somewhere but I’ll just say a couple things here.

1. I’m not a fan of headspoon piping, especially for the Reds. 
  2. The black drop shadows are awful.  It really ruins the wishbone C on the cap
  3. Their custom font is fine, but the drop shadow really clutters it up.  Maybe it would look better if it was just outlined in navy.  But going back to my preferences I really like them in just red and white.  
  4. If they just removed all black and removed the headspoon I think I’d like it. They could even have the best of both worlds and do a vested pinstripe alternate for Sunday home games. 

I agree with these observations. The current Reds uniform is a little too modernized and accented. If it were up to me, they would be wearing their Big Red Machine uniforms full time, pullover and all.

Hmmmm... @SFGiants58

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know it’s probably a mistake, but I would love to see your Concept or an updated “Twins” Script in the Style of the “Minnesota” script with the return of Pinstripes and Removal of Gold, like your Project 32 Concept series.

Also, how would the script look with the Underline from the 2010-present Road Script? Just cuirious.

da0Lbhs.png

Phillies Infamous All-Burgundy Uniforms Return Saturday

July 25, 2019 - 14:43 PM

May 19, 1979. A Saturday night at Philadelphia’s Veterans Stadium. The Montreal Expos were in town to face the NL East Division leading Phillies. It was the first game back following a lengthy umpire’s strike, Camera Day at the ballpark. […]

Read More...

Don't mind all burgundy. It's an attractive color. It's the execution that seems lacking.

… and zippers?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

As cool as these Phillies unis are, I’m more excited to see the Braves wear their 1979 Road unis. That weird hybrid/holdover from the feather set that got rolled in to the red pinstripe at home era... Have I overlooked any promo pics for the Braves unis?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those jerseys had zippers.  Pretty cool feature IMO. 

That's not the only zippered jersey in baseball history, either.

Can we count this one too?

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The (main) problem with these uniforms is the super-thick racing stripes.  Had those been of a more-reasonable width, it might be more passable.

Also, I hate all versions of their jerseys from the pre-full-swirl P days.  The open-P just looks completely lifeless.  Unfortunately the swirl wasn't able to be added until '87ish, so none of their throwbacks use it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, in this article, it states that the players hated them so much that they flat-out refused to wear them a second time.

Greg Luzinski told then-Phillies owner Ruly Carpenter in the Veterans Stadium locker room after a loss to the Expos that he would play for a different team before dressing again in burgundy, a uniform his teammates said made “The Bull” look like a “giant grape.”

The rest of the Phillies joined in, threw their uniforms into the center of the clubhouse, and made sure that the team’s most infamous uniform would last just one night.

C37SPT3MPNGHBG72H7MMRDSOJA.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived