Now that the Brewers and Padres are "fixed," which MLB team is next?

coco1997

I’d love to see the Rockies drop silver or black, I think their current uniforms aren’t bad but are muddled up a bit with both black and silver. (Much like the Carolina Panthers might I add) I’d look to see some D-backs style tweaks just to clean up their look. Drop the black vest alternate, throw a purple hat in maybe or the mountain alt logo on a hat. And change the pinstripe home uniforms’ script to purple and i think you’d have a really good look

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, coco1997 said:

Now that the Padres and Brewers have unveiled new identity packages which have, for the most part, been very well received by most of us on these forums, which Major League Baseball team do you feel is now most due for an identity refresh?

Personally, I would look out West to the AL. I feel the Mariners, Angels and Rangers identities are all beginning to look a bit stale and could use a freshening up. Frankly I'm a bit surprised the Rangers did not announce a uniform update this winter to coincide with their moving to Globe Life Field in 2020. 

This thread is meant to discuss which MLB teams you feel are most in need of an update, and to offer suggestions as to how you would go about changing their current look.

I don’t get why people are saying they’re fixed. Brown and yellow are the ugliest combination and blue and yellow is just too loud. I liked the dark blue and gold better

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

While I agree about the Brewers, I disagree with your assessment of the White Sox, who have maintained nearly the exact same look for going on 30 years. I assume what you’re referring to is the ‘83 style throwbacks they’ve worn almost exclusively on Sunday home games for the past few years? That’s not quite the same as what Brewers did the last few seasons, straddling the line between their ‘00-19 and BiG era colors and regularly using the BiG without committing to it as a full time logo.

Yes, but they've also dabbled with the '83 stuff all over the ST unis as well, and I'm sorry.... the '83 look deserves to be a throwback only, not mixed in with the current look, even if it's only for ST. Sure, it's not as bad as the Brewers case (which is still going on with this current set), but it still bugs me. 

1*qn6xADAum4EFbm9X0rR5tg.jpeg
GettyImages-923803418-1024x562.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

13 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Yes, but they've also dabbled with the '83 stuff all over the ST unis as well, and I'm sorry.... the '83 look deserves to be a throwback only, not mixed in with the current look, even if it's only for ST. Sure, it's not as bad as the Brewers case (which is still going on with this current set), but it still bugs me. 

1*qn6xADAum4EFbm9X0rR5tg.jpeg
GettyImages-923803418-1024x562.jpg

I get what you mean, but I think as long as the Sox keep this look reserved for Spring Training, you can't really argue that the team is "blending eras." Now, if they ever start wearing this jersey and cap during the regular season, then we can talk. 

On 11/23/2019 at 6:23 PM, insert name said:

What is exactly wrong with the Rockies? I always see their name pop up in topics like this but I fail to see why they should change. I feel they have a strong, unique, timeless identity. All their tweaks have also been good ones. 

Unique? Their home uniforms are nearly the exact same as the White Sox. Strong? They use a whispy thin font with an inline that makes it appear even thinner. They're named after mountains, their font should be bolder or BOULDER. Get it!? Timeless? I don't know if there's a team in MLB who looks more "1993" than the Rockies. Maybe the Mariners. 

My thing with the Rockies is that they're the only team that uses purple and they could stand out with that color with purple hats, purple numbers, etc. They sort of get this right with their road uniforms and their purple alternates help, but their white home uniforms are predominantly black and silver and the only purple items on the uniform - the purple pinstripes, read as black from a distance greater than 5 feet. They look like the White Sox, always have, and there's no good reason for that to be the case. Also the black vests still look silly 12 years after 2007. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Unique? Their home uniforms are nearly the exact same as the White Sox. Strong? They use a whispy thin font with an inline that makes it appear even thinner. They're named after mountains, their font should be bolder or BOULDER. Get it!? Timeless? I don't know if there's a team in MLB who looks more "1993" than the Rockies. Maybe the Mariners. 

My thing with the Rockies is that they're the only team that uses purple and they could stand out with that color with purple hats, purple numbers, etc. They sort of get this right with their road uniforms and their purple alternates help, but their white home uniforms are predominantly black and silver and the only purple items on the uniform - the purple pinstripes, read as black from a distance greater than 5 feet. They look like the White Sox, always have, and there's no good reason for that to be the case. Also the black vests still look silly 12 years after 2007. 

I don't know that the Rockies look 1993, but I generally agree that they don't look bold and they miss the boat on their potential to stand out by being more purple.

I will give them credit for not playing musical identities like the other three 1990s teams...it's just too bad that the team that chose to do that was the one with the most blah identity (well; the Rays original identity was pretty bad, too). 

I think your idea of branding with more purple could be achieved without an identity overhaul...

On 11/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I’d love to see the Rockies drop silver or black, I think their current uniforms aren’t bad but are muddled up a bit with both black and silver. (Much like the Carolina Panthers might I add) I’d look to see some D-backs style tweaks just to clean up their look. Drop the black vest alternate, throw a purple hat in maybe or the mountain alt logo on a hat. And change the pinstripe home uniforms’ script to purple and i think you’d have a really good look

Drop black.  Not silver.  Dropping silver would simply not provide enough contrast.  If they insist on being purple and black (they do) then they need silver to be a buffer between the two colors.

But I think they could look really good with just purple and silver.  They could sport MLB's only purple caps on a daily basis.  And I think purple in silver/gray look really good for Kansas State and the Sacramento Kings. Just like the Padres are the "Brown Team" the Rockies could be the "Purple Team."  They kind of are now, but for the most part, they're just another team that wears black.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I second purple-silver-white for the Rockies... 

Purple word mark/silver outline on the home whites, purple word mark/white outline on the road greys and you could go either silver word mark/white outline or white word mark/silver outline on a purple alternate. Pair it all with a purple cap and you're set.

My long-standing dream of the ugliest grays in the majors being thrown in a dumpster fire will probably go unheeded again...but a man can dream of a better road uniform for the Cubs.

Hell, I'd be happy if all they did was make the blues the official roads and I never have to look at our ugly grays ever again.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

AltUniforms_EDIT.jpg

That's a negatory good buddy.

The Mariners nailed it in 1993 and have the most timeless rebrand of any sport in the 90s. They have too much outlining on their wordmark now, but beyond that, they're pretty great.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

AltUniforms_EDIT.jpg

That's a negatory good buddy.

The Mariners nailed it in 1993 and have the most timeless rebrand of any sport in the 90s. They have too much outlining on their wordmark now, but beyond that, they're pretty great.

Agreed. People trying to bring the trident back like this are just missing the point. The answers don’t exist in the “we’re losing 100 games every year and are about to move to Tampa Bay” looks.

13 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I second all of this. What's worse than the silver in-lines is that they have big bold numbers on the jersey front below them. Having thick black numbers below the wordmark draws more attention from it and makes it almost disappear.

I like that the Rockies have more or less kept things the same, other than adding alts and changing the roads. But they need to clean things up. First thing - bolder font for the wordmark. Then purple hat fulltime, home wordmark/numbers changed to purple with a thick black outline. Heck, they could even do purple letters with a black inline and a silver outline at home/white on the road. It would keep the spirit of the original look, but the black would disappear from a distance. Also, maybe experiment with slightly thicker pinstripes, because they currently look black from any distance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't mind Rockies using black. However, I noticed they're use too much black. The black vest looks stupid. I want more purple, less black. I suggest the home jersey should've had more purple. Drop the pinstripes. If they want to keep black, try a black cap with a purple bill for home and alternates only. Keep the more black for away and sometimes alternates. Also, change the terrible font and numbers and get rid of crappy "CR" logo. Why don't use the the "C" from Colorado's iconic flag in Rockies' colours like Avalache did it? The purple is too dark so it blends with black. Make the purple more bit brighter. Drop the black vest and replace with a sleeved black jersey. Why don't have a mountain pattern striping like D-Backs' rattlesnake pattern striping? It's unique. And update the mountain logo and make the primary again. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Rockies and Rays immediately come to mind.

The Rockies just need to freshen up their look, drop the black and/or silver and go all in on purple. Own it, just like the Padres finally coming to their senses and owning brown, before the Dbacks revert to the color and make it theirs. 

I've never liked the Ray's current look. The TB logo only looks good on the left chest of a polo (not a complement) and the uniforms are boring. The powder blue was a fun way to inject some life into their dull navy look, but it's time for a change. I'd love to see the Devil Rays come back and would settle if they went back to the look sans Devil.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If the Rays were to ever get redesigned, my hope is for them to go with the Sun Ray angle:

spacer.png

Love the color scheme, though I wouldn't want a fauxback 70's motif for a team permanently (especially one that didn't exist in the 70's). A more contemporary, simpler look with that balance of colors (primarily powder blue, more yellow, and navy blue as a trim color) would be incredible.

9 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Love the color scheme, though I wouldn't want a fauxback 70's motif for a team permanently (especially one that didn't exist in the 70's). A more contemporary, simpler look with that balance of colors (primarily powder blue, more yellow, and navy blue as a trim color) would be incredible.

Never said I want wanted the 70s fauxback permanently. Just for them to bank off using “Sun Rays” instead of the “Devil Rays” 

Archived