2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sport said:

It feels like the third jersey the New Jersey Devils would've worn in the early 2000's if Lou Lamoriello didn't hate alternate jerseys fun.

FTFY.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I do think it would look nicer if the hem stripe matched the "red on white on black" motif:

ZiOEzs2.png

spacer.png

Problem is that what they have's exactly how the original white jersey looked, just with black and white flipped. Changing the hem striping is kinda antithetical to the whole point of the Reverse Retro idea.

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm very surprised to see people here not loving Chicago's reverse retro. I think it is a very nice uniform and I think it would be a decent third jersey.  

its just so bland.  Chicago has a great (best) uniform and this doesn't improve on it.  It could work for any of the red/black teams, nothing about it says Chicago.

3 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

its just so bland.  Chicago has a great (best) uniform and this doesn't improve on it.  It could work for any of the red/black teams, nothing about it says Chicago.

The problem is that Chicago's covered pretty much all of the other bases in terms of throwback alternate designs. At some point of making new throwbacks, you reach the designs that aren't super-iconic.

And like, making a black version of their white jersey A.) has already been done and B.) wouldn't fit the Reverse Retro criteria. They were gonna have to dig deep eventually.

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

The problem is that Chicago's covered pretty much all of the other bases in terms of throwback alternate designs. At some point of making new throwbacks, you reach the designs that aren't super-iconic.

Oh for sure, not hating on them for it.  Just pointing out why its not getting a ton of love. 

15 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Sharks went heritage jerseys in B2B games, I see. If nothing else, they score a boatload of goals when they dress like a real hockey team. 

Clearly the Avs were distracted by the raw beauty of that San Jose sweater and forgot to play defense. 

17 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I was kind of hoping Chicago would've gone with the football style front numbers instead of the traditional crest.

spacer.png

How would you sell jerseys that are blank/not-customized?

Pretty sure that's the reason why they went with the logo on the front. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

How would you sell jerseys that are blank/not-customized?

Pretty sure that's the reason why they went with the logo on the front. 

Yes, I'm aware that based on logistics it makes more sense to have a logo on the front, but it would just be something a little more unique for a team that has had 10 different jerseys in a little over a decade. USA Hockey had Buffalo Bills themed jerseys for the World Juniors. I'm not sure if they sold any that were blank.

spacer.png

Even though it looks awful, the CFL sells blank jerseys:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Yes, I'm aware that based on logistics it makes more sense to have a logo on the front, but it would just be something a little more unique for a team that has had 10 different jerseys in a little over a decade. USA Hockey had Buffalo Bills themed jerseys for the World Juniors. I'm not sure if they sold any that were blank.

spacer.png

Even though it looks awful, the CFL sells blank jerseys:

spacer.png

They could always go the cfb way and just do a generic number for replica uni's

Archived