2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

If EA's anything to go by here, they will;

spacer.png

Yeah I know. I'm really hoping they frigged up and that it's just a small misunderstanding. I have no idea how any of this works but if they were told and not actually shown the socks, maybe there's been a mixup about the Ducks saying they would be using home socks or something, but they meant home as in white, the way it was in the 90s . Also, this is a very minor mistake most people won't notice but they got the gloves wrong for Calgary and Buffalo

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The sun is a star and there are trillions of solar systems, each with a sun. 

Why would Phoenix name their team after a trillion of other stars in other solar systems? 

It's not Valley of the Suns. 

The Sun is a star...but to call other stars "suns" isn't scientifically correct. Even NASA capitalizes Sun to denote it as a proper noun and not just a generic word for a star. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Again, we're getting really pedantic and into the weeds here. My only point is that I find names of a single specific geographic indicator, like "Rainiers" awkward. Contrast it with if they were called the "Cascades", it would be more palatable. Its just a personal preference, like many find "Avalanche" or "Magic" bad.

46 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Again, we're getting really pedantic and into the weeds here. My only point is that I find names of a single specific geographic indicator, like "Rainiers" awkward. Contrast it with if they were called the "Cascades", it would be more palatable. Its just a personal preference, like many find "Avalanche" or "Magic" bad.

This whole board is the very definition of pedantic. I don't really take it as the insult you intended. 

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I agree with you in principle, but imo theres a bit of difference between the Sun and all the cultural, scientific, mythological etc baggage that comes with it and a specific mountain from a specific area. Its not necessarily a logical argument, but the names do feel different.

If I wanted to get really pedantic though, I could make the argument that there are billions of suns, and the Sun, "Solis just our Sun.

Well they could be referring to to type of cherries thus being rainiers

22 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Booooooooooooo

Looks like a pee wee team that could only afford one pair of socks. That's just stupid. Ruins the jersey imo

The colors are great...The socks are dumb. 

Bring back jade and eggplant, Ducks! Keep the current logo if you want...just get away from boring black and orange. 

I don't hate the dark socks. There is enough jade on the jersey that they don't look terribly out of place.

Wild Wing on white looks awful because his lines aren't thick enough to contrast on the jersey.

10/10 concept, 5/10 for execution.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

T5KL28y.png

It's like the Boise Broncos played hockey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived