2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

We go from one Penn team to their blood rival!

spacer.png

This just leaked out, and it's gorgeous.

Whoa I always love 80's/90's design and this sweater looks amazing even if I prefer classic white/black arms.

22 hours ago, rorinator said:

PGjbIy2.jpg

The Penguins are throwing it back to the Gin N Juice days with this leaked FOURTH jersey design. Thoughts?

Dear Mario Lemieux and whole Pittsburgh Penguins organization.

Please reintroduce RoboPen and move it as your secondary logo.

Sincerely

Pep

4r2eer.png

31 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Capitals reported to bring back the Screaming Eagle. This image is a mockup description of it.

I think the eagle looks great in RWB, that Capitals stripe is awful though

I think it would look better in its original Federal blue and copper.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

14 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

This could be fun, and so far looks pretty good.

Can only imagine if this is a rivalry thing and we get Islanders-Rangers Fisherman vs. Lady Liberty to really see the hockey internet explode

gimme gimme! which leads me to my question:

there's no way the isles are wearing the fisherman, are they? i highly doubt it with lou involved. are they do a re-colored 'wave' jersey (which could be cool)? are they sitting this program out? i'm dying to know (i got a sorokin jersey to buy, after all)

sig2024.png

14 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

NY Islanders - Fisherman jersey, teal dominant

This might be better for the concepts...but If the Capitals jersey is close to accurate, then I see the Islanders using the wave theme, but a royal jersey with a single orange wave (or maybe orange and white waves), and maybe using navy or teal as a third color on the other side of the orange wave.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, Brian E said:

there's no way the isles are wearing the fisherman, are they? i highly doubt it with lou involved. are they do a re-colored 'wave' jersey (which could be cool)? are they sitting this program out? i'm dying to know (i got a sorokin jersey to buy, after all)

They're using the Fisherman for merchandise, and it's too popular an alternate idea amongst Isles fans for the team to ignore it forever. If the Caps are finally bringing back the Screaming Eagle for this program, no chance the Isles aren't doing a Fisherman.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Capitals reported to bring back the Screaming Eagle. This image is a mockup description of it.

I think the eagle looks great in RWB, that Capitals stripe is awful though

Yeah, that's me. I'm told the 4th jersey will be the Reverse Retro blue and red Screaming Eagle, while their current third jersey will be replaced by this blue design.

EkuGiutXUAIi8mI?format=jpg&name=900x900    EkuektmXUAAYzAm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

8 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

They're using the Fisherman for merchandise, and it's too popular an alternate idea amongst Isles fans for the team to ignore it forever. If the Caps are finally bringing back the Screaming Eagle for this program, no chance the Isles aren't doing a Fisherman.

i would normally agree, but there are a few factors at play here:

1) lou. he's involved in everything. he resisted alternate jerseys forever in new jersey. he's particular about uniforms (he insists the maker's mark be IN the breezer striping for all his teams). the isles bringing back the fisherman while he's GM? i'd find it hard to believe. i'm not saying it's impossible, just would surprise me.

2) you're undoubtedly right about the merch being popular among the fan base, particularly the younger portion of the base. but it is also VERY polarizing. many, if not most, fans older than me (35) revile it for the period it represented. plus, there's  the "we want fishsticks" chant from rangers fans that i doubt they'd want to hearken back to (especially if they're wearing these for a game against the rangers).

i feel like the screaming eagle is in a different category. i'm sure it's polarizing among caps fans, but it's the kolzig era unis that saw them get to a cup final. i don't know if it has the same stigma attached to it as the fisherman does with the isles.

sig2024.png

6 minutes ago, Brian E said:

you're undoubtedly right about the merch being popular among the fan base, particularly the younger portion of the base. but it is also VERY polarizing. many, if not most, fans older than me (35) revile it for the period it represented. plus, there's  the "we want fishsticks" chant from rangers fans that i doubt they'd want to hearken back to (especially if they're wearing these for a game against the rangers).

The main problem is it's also really only the only unique look the Isles have had; the franchise's jersey set has been the same for most of its existence, visually. Unless Lou decides to do, like, a blue version of the 2000's alternate with the weird striping, I don't exactly know what other place he could head to.

Just flipping blue and orange on the current set is a bit of a cop out when a bunch of other teams are bringing entirely new designs onto the Adidas template and swapping their colors. And with how much merch they have with the Fisherman logo, it seems like it'd be the obvious choice for this kind of jersey program.

Just now, Ridleylash said:

The main problem is it's also really only the only unique look the Isles have had; the franchise's jersey set has been the same for most of its existence, visually. Unless Lou decides to do, like, a blue version of the 2000's alternate with the weird striping, I don't exactly know what other place he could head to.

Just flipping blue and orange on the current set is a bit of a cop out when a bunch of other teams are bringing entirely new designs onto the Adidas template and swapping their colors. And with how much merch they have with the Fisherman logo, it seems like it'd be the obvious choice for this kind of jersey program.

i agree. i'd LOVE to see a teal variant of the fisherman. it'd be fun as hell. i'm just not holding my breath. i gotta assume it's a royal-and-orange version of the 'wave' jersey.

sig2024.png

9 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Yes, Lou was very strict with the Devils uniforms. But he was also the President/CEO/GM of the club. Not sure if he has that same power on Long Island.

He does, but at the same time, these are extenuating circumstances; plus, it's a league-wide mandate and he really wouldn't have many other options for throwbacks regardless.

They're already wearing the dynasty set, so that's out as a throwback. The 2000's set is just the current set but navy, so that's too samey. And Lou is almost definitely not touching the putrid thirds in this franchise's history.

It's basically Fisherman or bust as far as the Isles go. Either that or the same jersey with the normal logo, but with how much the Isles love using the Fisherman on merch, I think that version would be the choice they go with. Like, does anybody want that :censored:ty wordmark jersey or the stupid jagged jersey in blue?

Very curious to see what they do for do as far as some of the original 6 teams? Leafs & Wings will be tough, unless we see some silver. Perhaps a red lady liberty for the Rangers as some if suggested? Cannot wait to see them all. Hope Vegas runs with a neon sweater, but I think we may see red and black on their end.

untitled-6.jpg

I put this together for my site, curious as to which one looks best for San Jose?  (And yes, the Thornton one was made prior to him going to the Leafs)
https://twitter.com/TealTownUSA/status/1318388782647762944?s=20

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

3 minutes ago, Puckguy14 said:

I put this together for my site, curious as to which one looks best for San Jose?  (And yes, the Thornton one was made prior to him going to the Leafs)
https://twitter.com/TealTownUSA/status/1318388782647762944?s=20

I expect the teal OG to be back as a third, since that's what they always roll out for anniversaries; so I could see them doing the late 90's-mid 2000's set for variety's sake. Plus all the bases are covered then.

I also think that one looks better in black anyways.

13 hours ago, nash61 said:

Could we see some of those Starter fashion jerseys actually make it to the ice?

s-l1600.jpg

I'd be very surprised if the Sabres did anything in red and black.  From what I understand Terry Pegula wasn't a fan of that color scheme.  More likely would be either a blue and gold version of the goathead jerseys, or a gold-dominant version of the 40th anniversary jerseys.

uHYboNz.jpg

Archived