2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

Yellow can work. I don't think they've achieved it though. Both of those jerseys are flawed. The piping is ugly and the newer one just lacks some good striping as you said. It's just very plain and could really do with just a little bit more design.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

The yellows fine.  It's the dull striping, that inexplicably has yellow & white touching, that sinks the design.

2vuoT3u.png

This was so much better (coming from someone who loathes piping)...

ZQhTCDq.jpg

The switch from Reebok to Adidas caused this. This is the result of transferring the Preds uniform from one template onto another.

No aesthetics whatsoever. One of the many reasons why I think the new template is terrible.

The cross piping at the navy waist stripe needed to go on the previous Preds jersey. If they got rid of that, the jersey would be near perfect.

40 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Interesting post from Nathan Mackinnon... 

Y9PUOhs.png

Nordiques throwbacks? Colors are close enough if that's just a white outline on the CCM and I know there was talk maybe in this thread about bringing them back as part of the 25th anniversary of their move. 

Just now, Morgan33 said:

So the uniforms that look they were constructed by first-graders with construction-paper are making a comeback...  Oh goody.

At least the gloves are. Wouldn't be surprised if they're just reusing them because they work with a color-invert set with light blue as the dominant color. Saves on needing to produce new gloves.

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I don't think these are Nords throwbacks.

spacer.png

It's the gloves from the Stadium Series set. The fact it has Mac's name on it is a dead giveaway that it's specifically the gloves from this set.

Take the wack ass helmet logo off and move the point of the mountain to under the collar and those uniforms are a little bit better. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, colinturner95 said:

Take the wack ass helmet logo off and move the point of the mountain to under the collar and those uniforms are a little bit better. 

No. No they wouldn't be.  They are trash and should never see the light of day again.

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

It's the gloves from the Stadium Series set. The fact it has Mac's name on it is a dead giveaway that it's specifically the gloves from this set.

If the Avs should bring it back, a lot more modifications will need to be made to be considered NHL-worthy.

13 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Today I learned: I think I'm the only person here who actually likes those Avs jerseys.... please don't hurt me.

36 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

The color scheme on the Avs Stadium Series uniforms is beautiful. Unfortunately, that’s the only positive thing that could be said about them. Their current navy alternate would look 1000x times better if they used that blue instead of the dark navy.

Navy just does not work in their current color scheme. Black works to a certain extent but navy is unnecessary. Besides the slate blue is beautiful and there needs to be more of it.

20 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Interesting post from Nathan Mackinnon... 

Y9PUOhs.png

I don't think they SHOULD do Nordiques jerseys, but is that a jersey collar in the upper left hand corner?  (the little white holes make me think that's the blue shoulder)  The red from the inside of the collar seems way too bright for the Avs scheme so the Nordiques jersey makes sense.  Although the blue on the gloves doesn't appear close to matching the jersey...

9 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

I don't think they SHOULD do Nordiques jerseys, but is that a jersey collar in the upper left hand corner?  (the little white holes make me think that's the blue shoulder)  The red from the inside of the collar seems way too bright for the Avs scheme so the Nordiques jersey makes sense.  Although the blue on the gloves doesn't appear close to matching the jersey...

I am pretty sure that is a practice jersey, all the nhl practice jerseys have that red inside the collar I think. 

Archived