Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dont care said:

I’m really scared for these uniforms. Especially since “old school feel with a modern twist” could apply to the current trash with the certain spin.   

Agree completely. What could be done to the previous uniforms to make them "modern." Anything I can think of would be awful.

- Modern number font

- Metallic elements 

- Huge wordmarks in weird places

- Patterns

- Logos added to front of jersey, sleeves, pants etc.

- Contrasting stitching

- Modern wordmark

- Bolder colors

Sound familiar? But maybe we're overreacting and it just means an old school design on a new jersey cut. Just find it hard to believe that Nike/NFL/Browns would just admit their designs were horrible and revert back without trying to overcompensate.

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I think those big wordmarks are best left in college.  Like ska music and taking Ayn Rand seriously. 😁

Hey, don't knock Ska. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan and I understand it can be repetitive but there is some good stuff in there.

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I think those big wordmarks are best left in college.  Like ska music and taking Ayn Rand seriously. 😁

Sounds like someone never actually read Ayn Rand. Her objections to collectivism and statism (she was a proud atheist who promoted capitalism...oh the horror!!!!!!) shouldn’t “be left in college”. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Sounds like someone never actually read Ayn Rand. Her objections to collectivism and statism (she was a proud atheist who promoted capitalism...oh the horror!!!!!!) shouldn’t “be left in college”. 

Oh, I am all too familiar with the Patron Saint of Selfishness. It’s an open question which is the more offensive: her philosophy, or her prose.  😁

But that was actually a reference to an old John Oliver bit. 

I just cleaned it up a little. 😉

Her philosophy of individual property rights isn't really offensive. It's more or less reality. People who escaped communism in Russia are big fans of Ayn Rand for some reason. 

I mean, if you believe in trademarks and copyright and other individual/personal property rights, then Ayn Rand is not wrong. 

Voting in elections for your own self-interests is a key part of democracy, and this self-interest and self-determination are key points of Rand's writings. Thinking people won't be selfish or protective of their own property is alternate-reality stuff. 

But I'm sure you know more because you watch John Oliver.

Samantha Bee must be like a god to you.  

Thanks for "cleaning up" John Oliver for this political message board. Much needed. 🙄

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ho-kay....

We’ll see if the Browns have enough enlightened self-interest to bring back their old uniforms without somehow screwing them up. :D 

I don't want their exact previous uniforms to come back, but an upgrade version of them.

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

...and that’s how teams screw up what should the return of a traditional set. ;) 

I honestly think the current uniforms was a solid base for what could have been.  They obviously turned things up to 11 for no real reason.  However, the old set just looked a little washed out.  I do like the orangier orange, I think that is something that can be upgraded.  I also didnt like how the stripes on the sleeves went W/O/W/O/W on the brown jersey and B/O/B/O/B.  Haslem clearly wants more orange in the uniforms, so doing O/B/O or O/W/O would scratch that itch.  I think reinforcing the 3-sided stripe was a good idea, especially since the team doesn't have any sort of real logo or identity. I also think taking the custom font from the wordmark and making that the number/NOB font would be huge for consistency.  Not only that, the wordmark font is much closer to a traditional block than the nonsense pointed serifs they have currently.  Last, putting some sort of matte or satin finish on the helmet, in my opinion, would be a great update.

13 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I honestly think the current uniforms was a solid base for what could have been.  They obviously turned things up to 11 for no real reason.  However, the old set just looked a little washed out.  I do like the orangier orange, I think that is something that can be upgraded.  I also didnt like how the stripes on the sleeves went W/O/W/O/W on the brown jersey and B/O/B/O/B.  Haslem clearly wants more orange in the uniforms, so doing O/B/O or O/W/O would scratch that itch.  I think reinforcing the 3-sided stripe was a good idea, especially since the team doesn't have any sort of real logo or identity. I also think taking the custom font from the wordmark and making that the number/NOB font would be huge for consistency.  Not only that, the wordmark font is much closer to a traditional block than the nonsense pointed serifs they have currently.  Last, putting some sort of matte or satin finish on the helmet, in my opinion, would be a great update.

That's the classic Browns sleeve stripe, though. If you don't use that then it's not "old school feel". 

I'd be open to the separated stripes on the brown jersey from the Kosar and the 99-05 years.

Browns-notebook-Couch-laments-one-that-g

as long as they don't do that ^ with the pants stripe. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived