Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

30 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This is a very unpopular opinion, but looking back at the inevitable former Browns uniform set, they really weren’t all that bad of a modernization attempt on a traditional uniform. It was arguably poorly executed with the “BROWNS” on the pants and the overstretching of the sleeve stripes among other things, but by no means was the set terrible beyond repair.

It’s exactly what Syracuse did in 2019. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, burgundy said:

"If they only took away the major design elements, it would be fine" is not a good fix of a poor uniform. 

The stupid wordmarks, stitching, and extended stripes were the whole damn design. If you take those away, what are you even left with?

A damn good uniform?

With everyone at home and even more people off with the holiday weekend all the remaining teams should reveal their unis this weekend. Browns tonight or tomorrow then chargers patriots rams on Monday and colts Monday night. I think that takes care of all of them and gives a blast of football to digest before the draft! 

3 minutes ago, richardj said:

EVLIGwKUYAEXW7s?format=jpg&name=medium

Found on twitter. Browns would easily have the best look in he NFL with these. Would love an all white look on the road as well.

Correct.  I have no idea why the Browns have been so anti-orange pants.  It echoes the helmet and would basically complete what's nearly a flawless look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

Correct.  I have no idea why the Browns have been so anti-orange jerseys.  It echoes the helmet and would basically complete what's nearly a flawless look.

Fixed it for you. While I agree with the pants statement, I’m very pro-orange jersey as well. The orange jersey in the 2015-19 set will have a special place in my heart.

25 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Browns have never actually worn the classic brown jersey with orange pants and striped socks. 

Only the tweaked version with the spacer stripes. 

Any Browns jersey before 2015 is considered a classic now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I’ve always hated the Browns orange pants. It’s just a little too bright. I understand it matches the helmet, but I’ve always felt that the white pants are a better fit. They only need the one pair then. The brown jerseys shouldn’t have the gap in the striping either. 

I also liked the Browns last set. The wordmark on the pants and the up-shadow were awful. The giant Cleveland and the long shoulder stripes actually looked good. I even liked the orange numbers on the white jersey. 

Also brown face mask > the rest. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, OldSmoke said:

This teaser is being analyzed as thoroughly as the Zapruder film...

Perfect classic Browns uniforms paired with a gigantic douchey number font like the Falcons would be like a perfect 10 missing a front tooth...

The Browns' soon to be retired uniforms were awful. 

"A mix of past and present" get outta here with that brand speak. 

Contrasting stitching, carbon fibre, "rise shadows," stretched out sleeve stripes, oversized CLEVELAND wordmarks, and BROWNS text down the pants stripes? It's a G-ddamn embarrassment of design trying way too hard to make a classic identity modern for the fire emoji crowd.

The set's the "how do you do fellow kids?" of uniforms. 

Archived