NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? This could get bad, worse than Jerry Richardson foot rubs which forced him to sell.

Could Adam Silver pull another "Sterling" and take away the Pelicans?

https://apnews.com/8a88d4d188c04751d9731a49081d5d3c

The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis.

Attorneys for about two dozen men suing the church say in court filings that the 276 documents they obtained through discovery show that the NFL team, whose owner is devoutly Catholic, aided the Archdiocese of New Orleans in its “pattern and practice of concealing its crimes.”

“Obviously, the Saints should not be in the business of assisting the Archdiocese, and the Saints’ public relations team is not in the business of managing the public relations of criminals engaged in pedophilia,” the attorneys wrote in a court filing. “The Saints realize that if the documents at issue are made public, this professional sports organization also will be smearing itself.”

Covering up sexual abuse is the human default, for some reason.

I give up.

A lot of people in Happy Valley are probably spell-checking their resumes right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

19 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So if Benson was forced to sell both teams, would the Pelicans be the one NBA team most likely to relocate?  Or will there be a group of NOLA investors swopping in to save the Pelicans from relocation?

Thank you for your post illustrating your concern for the victims. 

15 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Thank you for your post illustrating your concern for the victims. 

Posting support for the victims doesn't heal their wounds.  I don't think "my thoughts and ironic prayers are with the victims" needs to be added to every post.  Should every post about the Super Bowl include some kind of tribute to the victims of the Chiefs players and Andy Reid's enablement?  Actually... yeah, probably.

Also - from what I read, it seems lie while giving the church PR advice seems ill-advised, protecting the e-mails is more about simply ensuring that evidence that's not public stays private, until it's made public - not like "OMG we need to burn the tapes" (though if/when it does get made public, they're likely going to wish they burned them.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

How long until Rivers is a Buc? 

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Since free agency doesn't start until March 18th at 4 PM Eastern, I would say on March 18th at 4:05 Eastern.

He's gonna probably have a few choices.  If he has options, wouldn't at least one be better than Tampa?

46 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I mean, how many teams are going to sell out for a 39 year old QB?

Bears could be serious threat, but they'd rather stick with Trubisky.

Titans maybe unless they want to keep Tannehill

Steelers Maybe?

Rivers backing up Ben would be weird. 

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Rivers backing up Ben would be weird. 

I would assume Steelers would be smart enough to move on from Ben. But of course they wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

If there wasn't much of a market for Eli Manning would there be much of one for Philip Rivers and would Rivers want to be a back-up?

Rivers isn't Eli. With a decent team around him, he could still make another run. A term that needs a short term QB solution would probably take a gamble on him.  

Archived