Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

16 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Granted we can only see so much, so I’m not going to call this a failure quite yet. But I’m wondering to myself, how is it that this (so far) already looks dated by 6-7 years to me? I can’t put my finger on why, but it something about it looks circa early 2010’s. They could’ve done much worse, but this isn’t promising so far.

Something tells me they slightly tweaked whatever monstrosity Nike pitched in 2012 when they became the official supplier 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bowld said:

As Arena League as these are.. they are still an upgrade over the horribly dated look they have been sporting for past decade or two

The last vestige of overly aggressive piping and shoulder patches is now Arizona. I look forward to a similarly simple look for them in 2021.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like the white and black jersey. Not sure about the dropshadow, but it’s not terrible.

The red jersey will probably be a disaster.

Seems like the this is a five year uniform only. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, Carasik said:

I don’t know how much I believe this “leak”

The rack with all the jerseys is pretty good proof it’s real. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, JB-the-Hunter said:

The only parts I find overtly bad are the giant numbers, the gradient and the white socks with white pants (which is probably something they can fix since they have black socks). 

The Gradient is literally on one jersey, yet, people want the whole set to suffer. The Numbers aren't Oregon big, the decal isn't Tampa big, the stripe isn't akin to the Browns or Jets, and it's not like the Falcons have to wear a one color sock. So yeah, there's really only one thing that's disappointing, and it's something that isn't included in the whole set, just one jersey. Whereas the Jets , Titans, and Jags have things for their entire set that brings it down.

It just reeks of Nike unnecessarily over-complicating it. They can't restrain themselves. The gradient is gimmicky and is already dated. It's almost like planned obsolescence, as is the oversized logo and jersey font. But the icing on the cake for me is the pointless stripe that goes halfway to the armpit. The pant stripe is fine. There was absolutely no reason for the extension. It's as stupid as the Titans' armpit navy.

Everyone else from the initial Nike cluster:censored:s is pulling back and coming out with decent, simple uniforms (which is where the pendulum is swinging). These look like they were designed to "make a statement," the "this is so fire emoji" folks on Twitter will drool over them, but will be largely hated by the fanbase. Then, in five years, there will be a return to a simpler design (which Nike will still some how screw up). 

4 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

The Gradient is literally on one jersey, yet, people want the whole set to suffer. The Numbers aren't Oregon big, the decal isn't Tampa big, the stripe isn't akin to the Browns or Jets, and it's not like the Falcons have to wear a one color sock. So yeah, there's really only one thing that's disappointing, and it's something that isn't included in the whole set, just one jersey. Whereas the Jets , Titans, and Jags have things for their entire set that brings it down.

Man, you are working hard to defend these.

13 minutes ago, Carasik said:

I don’t know how much I believe this “leak”

There’s real people wearing the uniforms. So do you think those are paid actors or someone is just incredible at photoshop? 

I actually like the gradient jersey. Then again I liked Jacksonville’s gradient helmets. I’m all about weird new designs. Not every team needs to revert to a throwback, I’m glad to see teams be creative and push some boundaries. My biggest gripe is with the number font. Too blocky, and doesn’t look good on the road uniform. 

Archived