Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

22 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Who the hell cares about the Saints and what they do? Obviously not the falcons lol.  I'm ok with all black, I actually like it when accented the right way. But I'm saying, when factoring in the throwbacks being worn twice, we can wear the new black over white only twice, and that equals 4 games in black/white, and 3 in all black. Which is fine to me. 

More likely, throwback once or twice, gradient the same, and black over black worn for all the rest, as well as the default road dark uniform. The new black over white will get squeezed out because the throwback is already filling that role. I expect we'll see the Falcons wearing mono black about 6 times, 8 or 9 counting preseason.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

I'm a Saints fan who think the Saints wear all-black way too much. And that's pretty much all they wore last year. They wore the gold pants once in LA and lost. What's worse is they broke out the stripeless white diaper pants with the white jerseys. The all-white non-Color Rush uniform is even worse than the all-black.

So the Falcons all-black will no doubt look terrible. I'll give them this: At least they put a stripe on the pants. That's more than I can say for the Saints.

Yes I wish the Saints wore more Gold. Same for the Panthers and their Carolina Blue.

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

More likely, throwback once or twice, gradient the same, and black over black worn for all the rest, as well as the default road dark uniform. The new black over white will get squeezed out because the throwback is already filling that role. I expect we'll see the Falcons wearing mono black about 6 times, 8 or 9 counting preseason.

We only have 8 home games, alternates can only be worn 3 times. That's 3 games between the throwback and red "rise up" jersey.  There may not even be a real preseason this year. I'm sure the preferred combo will at least be worn when the roof is open at MBS, maybe twice. We can revisit this at the end of the season, because it's all guess work at this point. 

It's 2020...Everyone has the same jersey template. Packers, 49ers, Browns, and Cowboys could all be switched out, and no one would know. If all those teams switched uniform colors and just wore their respective helmets, no one would even know. It's safe, it works, and isn't offensive. But, we don't know what the landscape of football uniforms will look like in 3-5 years, so for all we know these could end up being modern classics lol

9 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Yes I wish the Saints wore more Gold. Same for the Panthers and their Carolina Blue.

Before you know it, weekly matchups between ANY two teams will feature one in Darth Vader costumes and one in Storm Trooper outfits.  ‘Cuz that would be LIT, right?

3 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Before you know it, weekly matchups between ANY two teams will feature one in Darth Vader costumes and one in Storm Trooper outfits.  ‘Cuz that would be LIT, right?

I like to call it the Spy vs. Spy matchups

6 hours ago, jws008 said:

Sorry, I don't mean this to come off as a personal attack, but if Van Gogh had painted a pitch black canvas instead of "Starry Night" it still would be an awful painting.

And I will agree that the photos setup and shots were good, but the poor design of the subject matter means they can't be great. ;) 

I mean good job by the photographer; too bad he didn't have a better subject.

you might like 'Abstract No. 5'

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

It's 2020...Everyone has the same jersey template. Packers, 49ers, Browns, and Cowboys could all be switched out, and no one would know. If all those teams switched uniform colors and just wore their respective helmets, no one would even know. It's safe, it works, and isn't offensive. But, we don't know what the landscape of football uniforms will look like in 3-5 years, so for all we know these could end up being modern classics lol

The less distinguishable a uniform is in black and white with logos taken away, the less credit a team deserves for it. I wish there were more unique uniforms in the NFL that weren't badly designed. Unfortunately Nike has no restraint. Even when they're going in the right direction with a uniform (Seahawks for example), they go too far with it. IMO, the Seahawks are a few tweaks away from having, far and away, the best uniforms in the NFL. The design is unique and ties to the city/area pretty well. They don't have to change much for them to still be unique, but also be more clean.

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Imho this is what Falcons need to tweak to have at least pretty decent home uniform + smaller numbers (credits to Canzman):

Ppz6xxi.jpg

or

jYV3yu6.jpg

It’s crazy how awful the drop shadow is when you see a side-by-side comparison. Did they learn nothing from the Browns? Also the gradient is trash because it will be hard to wear any other pants but black with the red. Again, the lesson should have been learned after Nike’s awful gradient kits in soccer.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

It’s crazy how awful the drop shadow is when you see a side-by-side comparison. Did they learn nothing from the Browns? Also the gradient is trash because it will be hard to wear any other pants but black with the red. Again, the lesson should have been learned after Nike’s awful gradient kits in soccer.

1) it's not drop, it's essentially  side shadow(?)

2) The gradient isn't meant to be worn with any of the other pants anyway. It's a once a year thing for the kids.

3) we agree, that red jersey is a piss stain, in an otherwise pretty solid set 

6 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

"But it's 🔥🔥🔥🔥!"

~Nike execs and Falcons players, probably

6 hours ago, JayMac said:

The all-whites are ❄❄❄ and the gradients are DOPE!

I feel icky for even saying these things as a joke

Naw guys. It’s DRIP 💧💧💧 or something. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I guess this is one of the official ways to know that you're suddenly too damn old.  Drip.  

The first time I heard one of my students saying that a particular thing "slaps" I would have bet a decent amount of money that "slaps" meant sucks. I know I don't want to be slapped. And the only thing I can think of when someone says "drip" is that you might need to see a doctor for a shot of penicillin.

Cuz I'm old, apparently.

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I guess this is one of the official ways to know that you're suddenly too damn old.  Drip.  

The first time I heard one of my students saying that a particular thing "slaps" I would have bet a decent amount of money that "slaps" meant sucks. I know I don't want to be slapped. And the only thing I can think of when someone says "drip" is that you might need to see a doctor for a shot of penicillin.

Cuz I'm old, apparently.

You may be old,  but that doesn’t not make “drip” dumb as all hell. It sounds like an STD.

I’m in my 20s and I cringe every time the 🔥 emoji is used to describe something as being good.

I have a friend who’s a couple years younger than me and when I posted the Madden 20 mockup shot of the Saints throwbacks needing to be their default home uniform, his response was, and I quote “Black jersey with gold pants is straight flames 🔥

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Usually, dripping is something you discuss with your doctor because you’re getting old. 
- - - 

The new unis are weird to me because they are addition by subtraction (no sleeve panels, no piping), but then, like the Jaguars, they overcorrected. They went to for modern, not timeless. That’s where they messed up. The Bills did it right (though that was a Reebok design), as did the Bucs (except for the CR). 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's not. They've already said black on black on black is primary.

Everybody might want to stop posting the "as long as they don't go monochrome too often these aren't bad" comment, because it seems pretty clear that, as of right now, monochrome black and monochrome white (including socks) is what they plan to do. 

The Broncos were supposed to be navy over navy, but dropped that after the first or second preseason game.  It's completely possible - albeit unlikely - that they'll move away from the black over black.  Even if the players prefer it, if the fans tire of it, they could switch - just like they did when they switched from black to red.

While I have an open mind when it comes to uniforms and don't automatically dismiss anything that's monochrome, these are just not a well-designed monochrome uniform, and not even proper socks can save it.  It's just too black, and is going to look super dull on an artificially-lit field.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Broncos were supposed to be navy over navy, but dropped that after the first or second preseason game.  It's completely possible - albeit unlikely - that they'll move away from the black over black.  Even if the players prefer it, if the fans tire of it, they could switch - just like they did when they switched from black to red.

While I have an open mind when it comes to uniforms and don't automatically dismiss anything that's monochrome, these are just not a well-designed monochrome uniform, and not even proper socks can save it.  It's just too black, and is going to look super dull on an artificially-lit field.  

I don’t get why people dislike monochrome. It’s more unique and looks cooler than color on white for most teams. The Falcons look really good, Seahawks look amazing and the Jags all black looked the best. Sure some teams don’t work like the Bills but they’re not always bad

Archived