Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

My biggest complaints, many of which have already been brought up:

-I don't think the numbers themselves are actually bigger, but the new font makes them seem that way at least at first glance, a la Oregon ducks.

-Why are they trying to copy the helmet (bigger logo, metallic facemask) of their rivals who just dumped that design?

-I do appreciate the effort to bring silver in though. But that would have been better in the form of silver pants, instead of the red.

-All black at home. Who else wears all black? The Saints. 

-The gradient is too much.

However, a lot of stuff that's getting panned is not so bad.

-Many people are mocking the "NBAish" ATL on the front, but I think Falcons fans, who the uniforms are actually for, will appreciate them.

-I think that the sidepanels might actually age ok.

-Satin helmets a good way to push the envelope.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Most designs either grow on you, or they grow off you in the first few days after the release. After watching the behind the design video, I hate the Falcons unis less. 

Is that what we’re shooting for?

Tuesday:  I HATE THEM!

Thursday:  I hate them less than yesterday.

Nike:  HOORAY!  Our work here is done!

I have to tip my hat to the Atlanta Falcons for considering their senior citizen fans in their new uniform design.  Oversized numbers will make the players more easily identifiable on the field.  An oversized helmet logo will reduce confusion about what team is playing in the game and the gradient red to black jerseys create the illusion of pants pulled up above the belly-button line, making Grandpa feel good about his fashion choices.  Nice job ATL !!!

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

My least favorite thing of this entire set is the numbers. They have a horrible 90s feel to them. 

There are so many glaring weaknesses of this entire uniform that I somewhat forget the numbers. But, I agree that they are bad. I cannot stand the square zeroes. Zeroes should always be hexagonal or rounded. I have the same feeling about the 2. The 2 looks too much like a square and the serif makes it look worse.

11 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Zeroes should always be hexagonal or rounded. I have the same feeling about the 2. The 2 looks too much like a square and the serif makes it look worse.

"But it's 🔥🔥🔥🔥!"

~Nike execs and Falcons players, probably

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

"But it's 🔥🔥🔥🔥!"

~Nike execs and Falcons players, probably

The all-whites are ❄❄❄ and the gradients are DOPE!

I feel icky for even saying these things as a joke

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Imho this is what Falcons need to tweak to have at least pretty decent home uniform + smaller numbers (credits to Canzman):

Ppz6xxi.jpg

or

jYV3yu6.jpg

I'd make the cuffs and/or neck red, just to add a bit more red into the design, but this is already an improvement. 😛 

I see a lot of anger directed at these numbers for being huge, oversized, etc., but the front numbers are 2.5 times the size of the shoulder numbers. Shoulder numbers are 4 inches tall. The math says that’s 10 inches. Standard size.

For confirmation, check the throwback at the end of the line; numbers are the same height, and we know those aren’t oversized.

I think some people are getting fooled by a combination of the #20 model being smaller in stature and the design of the numbers emphasizing their verticality.

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You would think they would learn from the failures of other teams such as the Arizona Diamondbacks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Buccaneers with the unnecessary gradients, piping and oversized letters and decals.  

With the exception of the retro uniform, overall disappointing update by the Falcons.

49 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I see a lot of anger directed at these numbers for being huge, oversized, etc., but the front numbers are 2.5 times the size of the shoulder numbers. Shoulder numbers are 4 inches tall. The math says that’s 10 inches. Standard size.

For confirmation, check the throwback at the end of the line; numbers are the same height, and we know those aren’t oversized.

I think some people are getting fooled by a combination of the #20 model being smaller in stature and the design of the numbers emphasizing their verticality.

The Falcons numbers are pushed down by the obnoxiously-large ATL, so they're going to seem bigger since they don't start up on the chest, which is the largest part of (most) players.  I have this issue with a lot of contemporary uniforms, but this ATL one is particularly egregious.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

spacer.png

Atlanta has a chance to use some great options (not including the “Rise Up” set)-

HOME:
B/W/B

B/W/R

B/B/B

B/B/R

B/R/B

AWAY:

W/W/W

W/W/B

W/R/B

I really don’t think they should use black pants on the road because I don’t see a well dressed option including it. The W/B/B & W/R/R options in the picture just don’t sit right with me. Now, if they were to use the throwback socks in the regular sets, that may open some doors. For now though the options listed above are the most pleasing in my eyes.

The red pants dont work with anything.  Ironically, the only one they may work with is the red gradient jersey... which was specifically designed to go with only the black pants.

They could work with the white jersey if they wore white or black socks, but the way they're modeled, there's too much goddam red below the belt.  Doesn't look like a cohesive uniform - looks like one team from waist up, and another from belt down.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived