College Football 2020

Kevin W.

This is a traditional A&M uniform. I think everyone liked the previous set when it was revealed, but it’s tied to the Sumlin era. The removal of the number beveling, helmet finish back to glossy, and white masks were necessary changes.

I know some would have liked to keep the shoulder stripes, but this is a no-nonsense look and fits the mentality Jimbo is trying to bring back to the program. Nothing flashy, let the play on the field speak for itself. I think the players and fans will both like these uniforms. Wear white socks always, and white pants on the road! 

I didn’t have a problem with the old set, but the new uniforms are more in line with A&M’s traditional look, especially with maroon helmets with the white facemask.

But I will miss the white helmets, my favorite combo was a tie between W/M/W and the all whites

On 8/13/2020 at 12:26 AM, Bruhammydude said:

I have mixed feelings about Texas A&M. Yes, they finally got rid of the gray and the bevels, but those shoulder stripes were uniquely A&M. Now they mostly just look like a maroon Texas. I think it's a lateral move IMO, would've chosen something like this if I was the AD.

[concept]

This concept is garbage and whoever made it sucks.

A&M could be good... but Adidas is the worst. What the heck fabric do they use that looks like corduroy? And on top of that everything is strrretched to heck so the numbers and nameplate get pulled out of alignment and look like crap on the field.

Nike and UA are capable of making unis that fit tight to the pads so they can’t be held by other players... without looking like football leotards.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Sorry to keep posting shots of the A&M uniform but players are starting to tweet out images of themselves in their own uniforms which gives us a glimpse of the other uniform numbers. I don't understand how the 1 and 7 can be considered part of the same font. The 1 has serifs while the 7 has nothing. Also, the font for the player names on the back is sans-serif.

Yeah that 17 looks terrible..just awful work by adidas. Who stitched the 7 an inch higher than the 1?

And it's weird how in some pictures the wordmark looks arched while in others it's straight across. 

And for the fonts..."Texas A&M" has a bunch of serifs...the numbers have some serifs...and the NOB is sans-serif. 

Needs improvement. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah that 17 looks terrible..just awful work by adidas. Who stitched the 7 an inch higher than the 1?

And it's weird how in some pictures the wordmark looks arched while in others it's straight across. 

And for the fonts..."Texas A&M" has a bunch of serifs...the numbers have some serifs...and the NOB is sans-serif. 

Needs improvement. 

Look at the collar on 17. It's not sitting properly. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Needs improvement. 

The 7 isn’t stitched higher, the top of the 1 is just pulled down, look at the material up and to the right of the 1 you see where the knit pattern changes from being pulled.

• Like 1

Marshall Thundering Herd Reveal New Home Uniforms

August 23, 2020 - 01:48 AM

One year after they introduced new road uniforms, the Marshall Thundering Herd revealed a matching home set during their annual preseason photoshoot on Saturday evening. While most Power 5 schools are provided new uniforms as part of lucrative contracts, smaller programs – like Marshall – only receive discounted rates on

Read More...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The sleeve logos on the Marshall jerseys are getting tucked under the pads in the photo shoot. Not sure if they are just modeling the wrong size or if Nike made a boo boo

More the school making a boo boo, Nike doesn’t design the smaller schools uniforms. They just order from a catalog 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Right, but when ordering from a catalog, why would Nike give the option for sleeve logos to be set so low? That's still on the manufacturer, unless the school said "can you please make the logos tuck into the pads so you can't see them."

The manufacturer wouldn’t add the patches, same way with numbers, it’s all done by tailorers during alterations and fitment.