College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:15 PM, j'villejags said:

Horrendous. I mean this just looks...girly. The designs down the stripes of the pants look like something I'd see at some wedding in India. Not on a football field. Way too busy and not fit for a football field. The number on the shoulder is totally lost in the swirly nonsense

Iowa State Cyclones To Wear Jack Trice Uniform Patch

September 1, 2020 - 20:40 PM

In an act of solidarity against racism and discrimination, the Iowa State football program announced on Tuesday it will wear a symbolic Jack Trice patch on its football uniforms this fall. The first black athlete in Cyclones history, Trice tragically died from injuries suffered during a game at Minnesota on

Read More...

5 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Iowa State Cyclones To Wear Jack Trice Uniform Patch

September 1, 2020 - 20:40 PM

In an act of solidarity against racism and discrimination, the Iowa State football program announced on Tuesday it will wear a symbolic Jack Trice patch on its football uniforms this fall. The first black athlete in Cyclones history, Trice tragically died from injuries suffered during a game at Minnesota on

Read More...

That's a neat story and a nice subtle patch. That striping on his uniform could be adapted to today for a potentially cool alternate.

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 8/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, j'villejags said:

Well, I've always wanted to see what something like this would look like... the pattern is just far too busy to be stylish. Maybe some more subtle coloring would have worked? A different style of the pattern? 

It's going to look horrendous on the field. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Regarding the BC alternate, I thought the NCAA outlawed multi colored numbers (such as gradients, patterns, etc)?

11. What are the rules about the contrast of jerseys and numbers? By rule each team must wear a jersey that has numbers that clearly contrast with the body of the jersey (Rule 1-4-5-b).

• The number itself must clearly contrast, even if it has an outline or border.

• The number should be clearly visible from a significant distance.

• If there is any question as to whether the number and the jersey contrast, the jersey may not be worn.

This is what I found from a quick google search. 

_big_red61__1_.jpg

I'd say from those rules, it technically passes rule 1, but fails rule 2 IMO

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

6 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

11. What are the rules about the contrast of jerseys and numbers? By rule each team must wear a jersey that has numbers that clearly contrast with the body of the jersey (Rule 1-4-5-b).

• If there is any question as to whether the number and the jersey contrast, the jersey may not be worn.

_big_red61__1_.jpg

They let Bethune-Cookman wear maroon numbers with gold trim on maroon jerseys last year so I don't think the NCAA will give these any stick.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

39 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I knew there was a situation like this before. Maybe they’ve changed the wording of the rule?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-rule-forces-arizona-small-change-uniforms-2014-183638276--ncaaf.html

IMO the Arizona gradient numbers were particularly bad because on the red and blue jerseys, the bottom ~third of the numbers was the exact same color as the jersey

Arizona introduces new uniforms with rainbow-inspired numbers and sleeves  (Photos)

IIRC, the NCAA mandated solid numbers on the blue and red jerseys, but the white jersey retained the gradient numbers, because they still technically contrasted with the white background.

I'd say you could make a reasonable argument that the BC numbers "contrast" with the white jersey, since they're mostly red (maybe pink if viewed from a distance). They still look awful though.

4 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

_big_red61__1_.jpg

I found the 4 bullet point:

•  If there is any question as to whether the number and the jersey are designed in good taste, the jersey may not be worn.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

_big_red61__1_.jpg

Too bad MLB doesn't have these rules...

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Arkansas now has a road version to the 2007 "McFadden era" throwback look that debuted last season which will now be their primary uniform.

We might not win a game this year but we’ll finally be back in all-time classic uniforms again to look perfect losing. Best day of our season right here. 

9 hours ago, razorback447 said:

We might not win a game this year but we’ll finally be back in all-time classic uniforms again to look perfect losing. Best day of our season right here. 

If you're going to lose, at least lose in style! I have heard that they are copycats of the Sooners but I don't care. That is the nicest that Arkansas has ever looked.

• Like 1