College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:02 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

North Texas also debuted the road version of their now primary throwback look

The numbers running into the stripes look like something somebody cobbled together really quickly on NCAA TeamBuilder.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:27 AM, Colt16 said:

They expanded in 2011 right before they jumped to FBS

I remember watching an A-State game on TV when they were doing work on the stadium. The camera angle was so high up it looked like the blimp view from Montana Football '94.

4 hours ago, dannykraft said:

Temple's season doesn't start until 10/10 but doesn't find it odd they still haven't released new uniforms, in practice they're still wearing UA practice jerseys but with nike cleats and gloves. In promo materials the UA is just photoshopped out of last years uniform.

I'm guessing unless they have an older Nike design available, they'll probably be pretty plain due to all of the issues with getting new gear shipped this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Appalachian State Mountaineers Unveil New Home Uniforms

September 12, 2020 - 02:32 AM

The Appalachian State football program unveiled new home uniforms on Friday in one of the most unique ways possible, with wide receiver Thomas Hennigan rising from the water at the Laurel Creek Falls in Boone, North Carolina.  The new all-black uniforms aren’t a drastic change for the Mountaineers, who have

Read More...

Yeah...unfortunately the mods may need to be on their toes for the next few months as more of these tributes are released and worn. Say it looks bad if you feel so, but this really isn't the right forum to delve into it further than that. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

I really like the simplicity for them actually, I think it suits them. The number font is a very subtle improvement too by the looks of it. Only point of potential improvement is replacing the redundant sleeve logo with the Mountaineer.

(EDIT: This is in reference to the new App State look)

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Krz said:

The jerseys are fine, but why are they standing waist deep in water to announce them?

The Appalachians have a ton of natural creeks that are popular places to visit and swim. I assume this a nod to that.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

12 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

The commentators for the App State - Charlotte game are saying that Charlotte is wearing illegal uniforms because of the pale gold numbers on white jerseys. Maybe they should come join this board. 

While green numbers probably would've been better, I can still clearly see the gold ones from the footage I watched on Twitter. Not great but still readable.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

West Virginia's white/navy/navy uniform is one of the worst looks in college football...yet...

WVU either needs to include a bit of white in the jersey or they need to stop wearing the white helmet with the blue and the yellow jersey. The pants are ok if they use the the blue helmet but the white helmet just looks so out of place

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, mbannon92 said:

Notre Dame with lotsa patches this year. “Rally” seems to be the team mantra for the season, but I’m not sure what it’s doing on the jersey...

spacer.png

Too cluttered. Looks bad. With the way uniforms are now. Too tight, no sleeves...there's just no room for patches. And forcing in all of this nonsense just makes it look awful

The rally patch is in some long stretched out font. With a period for some reason. The mantra is Play Like a Champion Today. But ok if you want to do Rally have it in the PLAC font.

• Like 1