College Football 2020

Kevin W.

9 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

With the black alternate having block numbers, does this mean the custom rounded number font for the primary home red and road white uni's is gone?

The custom font appears on the jerseys in the marketing for the 2020 season, so it’s seemingly here to stay. I think the block fonts were chosen as both the jerseys are meant to honor 1920 and 1980.

I wouldn’t hate it if the red pants stuck around for road games.

PJU85JF.png

I actually really like what Georgia revealed yesterday. I think the white throwbacks are beautiful and a wonderful look. I feel like I'm in the minority of liking the dog collar, though I don't care for the dog head logo. I never liked that logo when they first revealed it.

I've had many people tell me that Georgia copied Auburn for the white throwbacks, solely because of the sleeve stripes. And the connections to Ohio State have also been stated. Please. Northwestern Stripes are a common design, especially back in the day, and no one team "owns" them like some people like to think. It's always interesting to me what details some people like to grab on to.

• Like 4

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

21 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Ole Miss Rebels Unveil New Powder Blue Jerseys

September 17, 2020 - 16:57 PM

The Ole Miss football program announced on Wednesday night it will wear new powder blue jerseys in the season opener against Florida on Sept. 26. The jerseys will be paired with powder blue helmets, which the Rebels originally wore from 1948-77, again from 1983-94 and as an alternate since 2014.

Read More...

If they don't have powder blue stripes on the pants it'll look pretty dumb. Hopefully that's what they'll have. Otherwise use the navy helmet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Re UGA :

Love love love the 1980's throwback.  If Georgia is ever gonna not wear silver britches, this is the way to do it.  The pants stripe is a tad wide, but I assume that is staying true to the 1980 set.

Not crazy about the dog collar shtick, seems a little tacky, but I'm sure recruits will eat it up.  Also the bulldog logo on the sleeve, to me, felt like them trying to explain the collar, like really drive it home.  Definitely not awful, just not my cup of tea.

With that being said, just great colors and identity overall for UGA, really hard for them to ever have a bad look.    

90758391980.gif

51 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Southern Miss picked up the Adidas grey corduroy option this year. Its odd to see a team named the GOLDEN Eagles not have any yellow/gold anywhere on the uniform.

🤬 terrible. What is the appeal of this jersey? It’s just like a piece of ham, boring, bland... awful. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I actually really like what Georgia revealed yesterday. I think the white throwbacks are beautiful and a wonderful look. I feel like I'm in the minority of liking the dog collar, though I don't care for the dog head logo. I never liked that logo when they first revealed it.

I've had many people tell me that Georgia copied Auburn for the white throwbacks, solely because of the sleeve stripes. And the connections to Ohio State have also been stated. Please. Northwestern Stripes are a common design, especially back in the day, and no one team "owns" them like some people like to think. It's always interesting to me what details some people like to grab on to.

Tell that to Tennessee and Kentucky regarding their turf war on checkerboard patterns. 

• Like 3

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

Syracuse is going to consistently make every matchup better, ESPECIALLY when they play teams like UNC and now Pitt. With some sunshine too?? Yes please 

Yeah Syracuse vs Pitt is aesthetically awesome...

In other games Tulane looks great in white/green/white, and I always like Oklahoma State in a white/orange/white set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Southern Miss picked up the Adidas grey corduroy option this year. Its odd to see a team named the GOLDEN Eagles not have any yellow/gold anywhere on the uniform.

These are actually a hold over from last year, they wore them against Western Kentucky.

spacer.png

But yeah, not great. Seems like it would be easy for Southern Miss to have a nice look with those colors, but outside of the current white jerseys they haven’t been able to do so since leaving Nike.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Tulane looks great in white/green/white

Tulane's helmet decals kinda throw the set off. The metallic finish makes the decals appear to be different shades of green and blue than what's on the uniforms. The jerseys are clearly dark forest green while the decals look closer to bright kelly green. 

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

North Texas Mean Green To Wear Hayden Fry-Era Throwback Uniforms

September 19, 2020 - 21:11 PM

The North Texas football program will wear throwback uniforms for Saturday’s game against SMU in honor of legendary coach Hayden Fry, who led the Mean Green from 1973-78. Fry – who died last December at the age of 90 – is best known for his time at Iowa (1979-98), where

Read More...

4 hours ago, pscf3 said:

These are actually a hold over from last year, they wore them against Western Kentucky.

spacer.png

I can’t figure out why, but I really like the idea of the texturing. Manufacturers and teams could apply it to throwbacks too.

spacer.png

Not a football uniform, but definitely a great application of the texturing-

spacer.png

• Like 2