College Football 2020

Kevin W.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's a bit different to celebrate 100 years on each sleeve rather than a patch on the chest but it works.

Georgia celebrated 100 years of Georgia football in 1992...was there something that said the sleeves are celebrating 100 years of football this year? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The throwback is very nice. I don't need to say much more because it accomplishes the job it set out to do.

The Black jersey I think is very good as well. Love how the dog collar design features a leather/metal spike texture. Adds something to what would be an otherwise somewhat underwhelming set.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Ole Miss Rebels Unveil New Powder Blue Jerseys

September 17, 2020 - 16:57 PM

The Ole Miss football program announced on Wednesday night it will wear new powder blue jerseys in the season opener against Florida on Sept. 26. The jerseys will be paired with powder blue helmets, which the Rebels originally wore from 1948-77, again from 1983-94 and as an alternate since 2014.

Read More...

19 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Georgia celebrated 100 years of Georgia football in 1992...was there something that said the sleeves are celebrating 100 years of football this year? 

1992 Georgia Bulldogs Game Worn Football Jersey - 100 YEARS OF GEORGIA  FOOTBALL | #540850533

Wikipedia says they have an unclaimed national championship from 1920. Maybe this is their way of acknowledging that team?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

1992 Georgia Bulldogs Game Worn Football Jersey - 100 YEARS OF GEORGIA  FOOTBALL | #540850533

The Bulldog has 100 on the collar, is that for the stadium?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It’s the 100th anniversary of being called the Bulldogs. 

These look incredible. UGA sent an email out with a link to buy these, but I figured they were just fashion jerseys. Thrilled to see they’re wearing them on field. Red, black, silver, and white looks good in about any combination, so it was always a shame that Georgia wouldn’t mix it up at all. 

Dawg collar is a nice touch. I was surprised that Nike didn’t do it in 2011 for the Pro Combat uniform, but glad to see it incorporated on something far less gaudy. 

• Like 2

PJU85JF.png

As a Dawg, this is like Christmas to me. Alternates hardly ever happen in Athens. Hoping this is a sign of things to come. I’d love to see red pants in the regular rotation on the road for once or twice a season. Same with the regular black jersey. Here are a few additional looks (if you swipe right, there are some not yet posted photos). Home run for me. 

UGA to wear the throwbacks in the opener on the road against Arkansas on Sept 26. Black jerseys to debut in a yet to be announced game.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-bulldogs/georgia-bulldogs-to-honor-80-team-by-wearing-red-britches-vs-arkansas/7A6GYOCNHNFIFICERRK4BUCROU/

The article also mentions that the original plan was for the team to surprise the fans by running out in the red britches for the Chick Fil A kickoff game against UVA before that was cancelled. Not sure how that would have worked because fans would have noticed the throwback jerseys. Unless they warmed up in the regular white jerseys and silver britches and then did a full swap all together.

UGA has the most annoying attitude about alternates imaginable.

The plan is to wear the red pants one time only, and in a road game at that. That color combo is most famously associated with the 1980 game against Tennessee. UGA plays the highlight of Herschel barrelling over every defender in that game to this day. Tennessee plays in Athens this year, so lord knows why they're wasting the uniform on a road game. Maybe they were absolutely opposed to wearing white at home.

No date set for the black jerseys. The home opener against Auburn makes the most sense by far. Of course, that article quotes the equipment director as saying "There will be enough distractions that day" without the jerseys. I'd really love to know if there is another team that has its head so far up its own ass about uniforms as Georgia does.

• Like 1

PJU85JF.png

Georgia Bulldogs Reveal 1980 Throwback Road, New Black Alternate Uniforms

September 17, 2020 - 20:13 PM

It’s been 40 years since the Georgia football program won the national championship, and the Bulldogs will celebrate the anniversary with throwback road uniforms based on their look during 1980 season, as well as a brand new black alternate jersey.  Former Georgia head coach Vince Dooley introduced red pants into

Read More...

• Like 1

The sleeve striping on the white jerseys look too similar to Ohio State for my taste.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Apparently unpopular opinion, but I really dislike Georgia's black set. I think it looks really bad with the helmet. Maybe if they didn't have a white facemask and the white stripe the set would work better.

I agree -- wish they'd go with a black mask and stripe for the black alternates. This was an old mock-up of mine. 

eZtnk09.png

Overall, these alternates are pretty nice. I'm liking the block font. The dog collar gets lost under the helmet and isn't all that noticeable to me. I like the idea of red pants for the away set but why does Georgia always find a way to make a stripe so damn thick?

123697627-1200x747.jpg

EiIQwJqXcAEV-Tf.jpg

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

6 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I agree -- wish they'd go with a black mask and stripe for the black alternates. This was an old mock-up of mine. 

eZtnk09.png

Overall, these alternates are pretty nice. I'm liking the block font. The dog collar gets lost under the helmet and isn't all that noticeable to me. I like the idea of red pants for the away set but why does Georgia always find a way to make a stripe so damn thick?

123697627-1200x747.jpg

EiIQwJqXcAEV-Tf.jpg

Hard pass on the black mask and helmet stripe.

As to the thick stripes, these really harken back to the 1980 team so it's just a case where they were true to the original.

spacer.png

Also, I found a 40th anniversary logo for the 1980 team:

spacer.png

Which is different than the one worn on the throwbacks. Much prefer this one:

spacer.png