College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Surprisingly, I don't hate it. The blue uniform with orange pants looks really good (though the pants could use a stripe) but that all-white is a little rough. It really needs a stripe on the pants and some orange on the sides.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

New Texas State unis in action. The jerseys looked too big on some players and a couple players were missing name plates as well.

And a view of the BLM logo that the NCAA approved for this year. Memphis has a BL(Memphis Tiger) logo on the back of their helmets.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

New / tweaked home and away uniforms for South Carolina? Did I miss an announcement?

spacer.pngspacer.png

https://twitter.com/GamecockSplash/status/1302397668770144259

The numbers are apparently larger, but on the away jersey, the shoulder stripes match our throwback black alternate. Not sure if our home jersey has the same new striping, although I'm generally a fan of applying this throwback template to all of our uniforms, only removing the "jersey" numbers:

spacer.png

On 9/2/2020 at 8:38 PM, razorback447 said:

We might not win a game this year but we’ll finally be back in all-time classic uniforms again to look perfect losing. Best day of our season right here. 

I both love and am terrified by these uniforms. They're the uniform I think of when I think Arkansas football, and by that, I mean the uniform I think of when I remember McFadden and Felix Jones running setting SEC single game rushing records against us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I've never understood why Marshall wears a helmet with traditional stripes, a jersey with traditional stripes, but plain stripeless pants.

I've only been aware of Marshall University football since about 1996-ish. One could argue that what you've described has been their established look for decades now. Granted in recent years they've strayed some, but it's been their look nonetheless.

When I think of Marshall Thundering Herd football this is the look that comes to mind. I personally think that should be their look until the end of time.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png 

spacer.png

Although I must admit, I did like the green helmets they briefly wore

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Probably couldn’t get proper fitting and alterations due to covid

Apparently the Texas State equipment staff didn’t receive the new uniforms till two hours before kickoff 

I was in the press conference after the game and Jake Spavital said it was chaotic trying to get everything together 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I've only been aware of Marshall University football since about 1996-ish. One could argue that what you've described has been their established look for decades now. Granted in recent years they've strayed some, but it's been their look nonetheless.

When I think of Marshall Thundering Herd football this is the look that comes to mind. I personally think that should be their look until the end of time.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png 

spacer.png

Well, yeah, it's their established look.  My neighbor drives to the liquor store everyday in matching sweatshirt and sweatpants, with socks and sandals.  That's his established look, too.

It's a pretty simple and foolproof football uniform formula... if your helmet and pants are the same color, and one has stripes, put those same stripes on the other.  Never goes wrong.

• Like 3

Just because a team wears a certain stripe in one part of a uniform does not mean it has to exist everywhere else. Now, if a team combines classic stripes with modernized piping or inserts, sure, that looks odd. But a striped helmet with plain jerseys and pants or a plain helmet with striped jerseys is totally justified. 

• Like 7