College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Okay, but now can somebody explain to me why Big Ten teams keep on scheduling this cupcake?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Seems like a downgrade to me. I get that Rutgers sucked major eggs in the current threads but there wasn't anything bad or gimmicky there. This set looks just as plain and unremarkable as it did 15 years ago.

• Like 7

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

4 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Fresno State new Adidas uniforms

Is there another view of bold blue in different lighting? I thought it was anthracite for a minute. I can see the blue shading in there but it still looks closer to grey than anything I'd consider as bold blue. 

adidas-superstar-supercolor-schuhe-bold-blue-130-zoom-0.jpg

This shoe color is bold blue but it doesn't look the same on that uniform. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Fresno State Bulldogs Reveal New Adidas Uniforms

August 4, 2020 - 13:40 PM

Coinciding with a move to adidas this offseason, the Fresno State Bulldogs unveiled new uniforms on Monday afternoon. Fresno State will continue to wear two helmets, one red and one white, that typically display the Bulldogs script but can be swapped out for the four-paw Bulldog logo on occasion. The

Read More...

11 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Painfully generic. Take off the name on the front and that could be any red/white/blue team in college football.

There actually aren't a lot of red/white/blue teams in college football. 

Clearly not Arizona. Clearly not Kansas. Kind of close to Houston or South Alabama. 

Classic looks often look generic. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nobody talked about them because of how awful the team is, but Rutgers had one of the best looks in the Big Ten over the last few years. The new (old?) uniforms are fine, but not nearly as good as the set they're leaving behind.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

22 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

It's definitely the lighting:

bluephoto.jpg

I don't know why we got rid of the red helmet with the Bulldog on it. I love the throwback helmets and the white ones look decent, but I don't see why we need blue unis. I guess they forgot, we call ourselves the RED wave. 

2 hours ago, radchad said:

A brief homage to the best Rutgers set in recent memory: their final Nike set which lasted exactly one year. The chain-mail motif was a great modern touch.

Michigan Football: Getting to Know Rutgers Scarlet KnightsBackup quarterback Tylin Oden dismissed by Rutgers football | The ...

The current numbers with that design would have been better.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, Maroon said:

Okay, but now can somebody explain to me why Big Ten teams keep on scheduling this cupcake?

The B1G has been conned into believing that New Yorkers give a sh!t about Rutgers football

30 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

The B1G has been conned into believing that New Yorkers give a sh!t about Rutgers football

I think this was rationalized/sold as a raiders to vegas kind of deal, the amount of b10 alumni in the tri-state was a large enough number that they would go to rutgers to catch their school play within a short drive. The other benefit was giving psu an additional home game as scheduling permitted.

Pulled from the uni watch ticker that ucla is talking to other suppliers https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/UCLA-Bruins-Basketball-Football-UCLA-Working-on-Deal-Sources-149732663/

Outside of the other 2 players who is really a viable supplier? I can't think of a worse economic time for the bruins to secure another supplier. Neither nike or adidas are going to break the piggy bank given the state of the consumer economy and sports retail. Combine that with a cfb season that's looking rather tenuous (especially in the p12), ucla has no leverage so they will be lucky to get the equivalent of a vetereran's minumum/show me deal for the next 1-2 seasons. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, dont care said:

What is chop suppose to mean?

During Schiano's first run in Rutgers, the mantra he adopted for the team was "Keep Choppin Wood" aka make sure every player on the team has a high work ethic in order to be successful.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5