Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Heitert said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4s1aa3/the_la_rams_eliminate_white_trim_from_uniform_for/

I saw this on reddit. It's kind of interesting. It looks like the throwbacks with gold instead of yellow. The title says "removed white trim" but obviously that's incorrect seeing as the number font is block-style and the horns can be seen on the sleeves. 

Of course it could just be the lighting, like it is 60% of the time. 

image.jpeg

These don't look to be 100% legit anyway.  The 6 is off. For throwbacks, the Rams use a font with more angles and not so squared-off. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

These don't look to be 100% legit anyway.  The 6 is off. For throwbacks, the Rams use a font with more angles and not so squared-off. 

I have a hard time believing somebody cared enough to fabricate this highly detailed image, but somehow wasn't knowledgeable enough to miss on such a major detail.

21 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I have a hard time believing somebody cared enough to fabricate this highly detailed image, but somehow wasn't knowledgeable enough to miss on such a major detail.

I'm not sure I follow...Someone with photoshop skills should know precise details of the Rams' number font?

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure I follow...Someone with photoshop skills should know precise details of the Rams' number font?

Few people care about unis enough to doctor an image like that in the first place. What are the odds someone who cares that much is also careless enough to miss that major a detail? Slim to none. I understand the purpose of being skeptical of alleged leaks, but your theory is even less realistic than the image simply being real.

9 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Few people care about unis enough to doctor an image like that in the first place. What are the odds someone who cares that much is also careless enough to miss that major a detail? Slim to none.

I'm not sure that's true.  Just because you know photoshop doesn't mean you have a keen eye for the fonts.  These are two fake jerseys that someone took a filtered picture of to post on reddit (instead of CCSLC),  You don't need to know fine details of number fonts on reddit.

It's a real photo...of fake jerseys...then filtered...posted on reddit in order to get a response.

I'm not sure why you're over-thinking this.  There is no doubt that the number font used is incorrect by NFL standards.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure that's true.  Just because you know photoshop doesn't mean you have a keen eye for the fonts.  If I had two fake jerseys and wanted to take a filtered picture so I can post on reddit (instead of CCSLC), I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume I know fine details of the corners of a sewn 6.

If somebody simply filtered the 2015 throwback, the number wouldn't be off. There is more to it that simply knowing Photoshop. Your theory suggests that instead of simply tweaking the colors of an existing image, this person took the unneeded extra effort to create an entirely new number to superimpose over the original image, which they manipulated perfectly to fit the contours of the jersey, right down to the highlights and low tones. Again, nobody who would take that amount of time and effort just to doctor a Rams leak would miss a major detail like using the correct font.

2 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

If somebody simply filtered the 2015 throwback, the number wouldn't be off. There is more to it that simply knowing Photoshop. Your theory suggests that instead of simply tweaking the colors of an existing image, this person took the unneeded extra effort to create an entirely new number to superimpose over the original image, which they manipulated perfectly to fit the contours of the jersey, right down to the highlights and low tones. Again, nobody who would take that amount of time and effort just to doctor a Rams leak would miss a major detail like using the correct font.

That's not what I'm saying at all, lol. The numbers stitched onto the jerseys are counterfeit.  The jerseys are likely counterfeit.  The numbers aren't photoshopped at all.  

Again, it's a photo of fake jerseys.  

5 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

freddie.gif

I will agree with you that if the numbers had been altered via photoshop, then the person would likely know the specifics.  

15 hours ago, DNAsports said:

You do realize on those uniforms, there is no white trim so technically it is correct and they look great compared to the uniforms with white trim. And I highly doubt it that much that the lighting is so terrible it doesn't show the white trim. BUT it could also be a case of Photoshop.

What I meant was: It's incorrect because there never was white trim on the throwbacks. If it were a simple matter of removing the white trim on the existing unis, the number font would not be the block-style and the horns would not exist. 

Seriously? That's a counterfeit throwback.

The Los Angeles Rams will be wearing the same navy and gold uniforms they wore in St. Louis.

At this point I feel like the mods need to do something about the topic at hand and put up a sticky or something like they have for the Browns or the dreaded NBA relocation swap.

bSLCtu2.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 5:45 AM, Heitert said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4s1aa3/the_la_rams_eliminate_white_trim_from_uniform_for/

I saw this on reddit. It's kind of interesting. It looks like the throwbacks with gold instead of yellow. The title says "removed white trim" but obviously that's incorrect seeing as the number font is block-style and the horns can be seen on the sleeves. 

Of course it could just be the lighting, like it is 60% of the time. 

image.jpeg

I could see these being really nice in a Notre Dame vein. Gold pants, navy socks, etc. That being said, I think the royal and yellow are simply a much better fit for sunny LA than navy and gold.

This entire situation is unnerving ... just read a Silent Stan comment about uniforms.

We're supposed to believe the guy who owns the 9th most land in the USA, is the 165th richest person in the USA, is married to the 79th richest person, and who also owns NFL, NHL and NBA franchises, and has an MBA degree, is so clueless as to think the NFL one-year waiting period rule before NFL teams can change their uniforms actually applies to him?

Doesn't he know how drop-to-their-knees giddy the other 31 owners were when he stepped up to fund all the new LA stuff?  The rule could EEE-zily be waived in this situation .... 

And now I read where "Money can't buy good sense Stan"'s general manager Kevin Demoff says they're keeping the mortician navy and dark gold unis until 2019 ....

TidWC4d.png

Some people just can't take "yes" for an answer......

1111111.JPG

2222222.JPG

wS7MJ6T.png

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Oh man, that away mock looks GOOD.  Even with the dopey nike collar.  Navy and gold looks good, I'd be okay with them keeping navy over going back to royal blue.  Either way works really.

The blue and white uniform -- meh.  Never been a big fan of that look.

Thanks. Just something I made up real quick in Photoshop. I wouldn't mind seeing the blue and white every once and a while.

Archived