2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, JLJ said:

Now this looks great. This is how they should look. Now I see the modern throwback they seemed to be going for.

Other than the obnoxiously large “ATL”, horrible number font, and dated side panels and their refusal to wear this combo more than 1 time all year sure.

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Liking white pants matched up with a white jersey hardly makes someone a moron... It’s just aesthetic preference. 

I personally think the white pants looks the best for the Bucs, both on the home and road. 

This right here is important. I feel like the general tone on the boards, lately, has been to react to anything one does not like with over-the-top, end-of-the-world-and-all-things-aesthetically-decent reactions like calling people "morons" for going with subpar uniform combinations within a set of uniforms that has been, for the most part, praised. Or reacting with puke emojis or else referring to things that don't fit personal preference with descriptors like "vomit-inducing" (Did you really come close to puking?) Or else dunking on someone else's opinion with cutesy comebacks and owns based only on the poster's own opinion (i.e. no more or less valid).

Maybe I am way off base here, but this seems to be way more prevalent lately. If a uniform is so bad, explain why it's so bad. Or if you disagree with an opinion, explain why instead of responding with infinite variations on "yeah, except the opposite!"

I hate sounding like "why can't we all just get along" or whatever, and I also acknowledge there's nuance to all of this (some things are simply really bad, etc.). But there are only so many "yeah, except by good, you mean bad!" reactions and puke emojis I can read before starting to discount your thoughts and opinions. ("Ah, I see this guy is an overreactor.")

And to be clear, this isn't directed at any specific person. It's just refreshing to see someone else acknowledging an over-the-top response to a uniform decision. I've felt that way for a while and this was an opportunity to express that.

1 minute ago, burgundy said:

I'm glad they lost in this. Hopefully they don't wear it again, or plan on using monochrome in the new identity.

I agree. I love the white on white because at least the burgundy socks break it up.

What they wore today was a burgundy overload

6 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I'm glad they lost in this. Hopefully they don't wear it again, or plan on using monochrome in the new identity.

Washington has a history of losing in all burgundy so hopefully that keeps it from being the primary look and is just a once a year thing.

23 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Unpopular opinion:

The Rams look good

Don't agree with bone and white mixed in any way. Imagine if this were a white jersey with blue and yellow trim. That's why it looks OK, eyes don't notice bone at first.  Bone should be an alt look. 

18 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Don't agree with bone and white mixed in any way. Imagine if this were a white jersey with blue and yellow trim. That's why it looks OK, eyes don't notice bone at first.  Bone should be thrown in the trash

Fixed

I love, love, love how the pants striping and numbers match up perfectly. Maybe that’s why I’m fine with the Bucs going white-on-white. 

It’s the same with the pewter pants but pops much more on the white set. 

51 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Really liking tonight's matchup. The brown pants contrast really nicely with New York's blue. The brown pants are my least favorite of the three, but nights like tonight are why they deserve to be worn.

It would look so much better with white or orange pants but it's still a good matchup

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived