NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

29 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Funny you mention Santaquin; that’s where I live! :D I’ve sort of zig-zagged around Utah a bit as well, mostly the Provo area but have also lived as far south as Blanding (where my Dad is from) and as far north as Logan. What part of the state do you live in?

Having lived for a few years in Southern Utah, I did appreciate the redrock when it came out (didn’t like how it diluted the brand and still don’t, but I did appreciate how well it captured Southern Utah). And no, I don’t believe Utah ends after Santaquin ;) The problem I’ve progressively had with the redrock theme, though, is that they’ve committed so hard to it that it’s leaving inspiration that could be tapped into the rest of the state off the table - as I’ve mentioned here before, the redrock it references is really only in the southern third of the state (the opposite part of the state from SLC).  

I was expecting more of the state’s natural beauty to be referenced year after year (as they seemed to indicate), but I’ve just been dissapointed that they’ve gone a different direction and doubled-down on one specific area of the state is all.

@kimball I grew up in southern Utah (smack in the middle of red rock country)—and now living in Salt Lake—and while I like this look, I’m bummed that the letters/numbers aren’t gradient. I’ll have to see them on a court before issuing a final verdict, however.

That, and even I am almost ready for the Jazz to move on to something new that ties into northern Utah (mountains, salt flats, etc).

EDIT: I also love the red rock sunset theme, but regarding it, I’m also looking forward to the day if (when?) a minor league team were to set up shop in southern Utah to own something similar to this pattern.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Funny you mention Santaquin; that’s where I live! :D I’ve sort of zig-zagged around Utah a bit as well, mostly the Provo area but have also lived as far south as Blanding (where my Dad is from) and as far north as Logan. What part of the state do you live in?

Having lived for a few years in Southern Utah, I did appreciate the redrock when it came out (didn’t like how it diluted the brand and still don’t, but I did appreciate how well it captured Southern Utah). And no, I don’t believe Utah ends after Santaquin ;) The problem I’ve progressively had with the redrock theme, though, is that they’ve committed so hard to it that it’s leaving inspiration that could be tapped into the rest of the state off the table - as I’ve mentioned here before, the redrock it references is really only in the southern third of the state (the opposite part of the state from SLC).  

I was expecting more of the state’s natural beauty to be referenced year after year (as they seemed to indicate), but I’ve just been dissapointed that they’ve gone a different direction and doubled-down on one specific area of the state is all.

Sweet. I get that stance. I agree, Utah’s natural beauty is diverse. Having lived in Cache Valley, St. George, Cedar City and now SLC I’ve been able to enjoy a lot of this state. It’s sad that a lot of people here along the Wasatch Front don’t venture out much beyond it. I’ve found within my circle that most who don’t like the sunset red rock jerseys are the ones who venture to the state parks or Lake Powell. That’s why I ask.

But, as much as the Jazz have stuck to these jerseys I’m okay with it, mainly because the mountains and northern Utah culture gets over represented ... like with the Jazz’s mountain logo, etc. I loved the return of the old logo last year because we got the best of both parts of the state. I wish we could get that every year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

New court for the new jerseys too

spacer.png

I'll have to do some digging, but I believe this court could have been a mockup or option for the original design? I remember reading about that somewhere a few years ago?

NOTE: The arena's new name, Vivint Arena, and logo is also on the court. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

It's a nice uniform for Utah although I was expecting sides panels with gradient not on top of the jersey (which look kinda like Suns) so they suprised me.

Anyway I'd still like to know if it's designed for 18/19 season at first or brand new for 20/21.

4r2eer.png

On 11/22/2020 at 8:55 PM, SCalderwood said:

In defense of the guy who seemed surprised at the Nuggets "adding" red...

haha, thanks for the backup👍

I actually did know that red is a part of their color scheme (current and former). But they have NEVER had red as anything more than a trim color. 

Just seems like they already have a variety of current color schemes. The current (White/Navy/Yellow/Red) and their Mile High color scheme (Royal blue/yellow) and their Rainbow scheme (with black and white jerseys). Plus they have the Melo era baby blue if they want to do a throwback look. IMO, last thing they needed to do was introduce a completely new red jersey which they've never had before. Especially when it's not even an original idea (see Utah).

5 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I personally like the redrock theme Utah has going.  The only thing I wish they'd do differently with these is make the collar and armholes black.

I was thinking red, like the previous City jerseys, but, yeah, not yellow.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived