Jump to content

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms


tBBP
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

So this is why Brady agreed to sign with them....

He will look goofy as all hell in the pewter set but the overall set is miles better than what he has worn for the last 19 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, JayMac said:

This is the best Nike effort. The pewter alternate is a throwaway but not too many alternates aren't complete garbage so this one is par for the course. The Bucs and Nike didn't screw up. I'm impressed!

This isn’t a Nike effort. If anything, this proves that Nike ultimately isn’t responsible for what teams wear. It’s the teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BJ Sands said:

This isn’t a Nike effort. If anything, this proves that Nike ultimately isn’t responsible for what teams wear. It’s the teams. 

The best update on which Nike has slapped the swoosh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

This isn’t a Nike effort. If anything, this proves that Nike ultimately isn’t responsible for what teams wear. It’s the teams. 

 

I think it depends. Some teams have utilized Nike, and some haven't. 

We didnt see a "Nike Speak" video with this release...kinda shows who was really calling the shots. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-new-uniforms-draw-super-bowl-era-2020

 

Release on the website discusses going back to the old red, how Nike couldn't do the metallic pewter pants, and some other tidbits that are still being debated on here (logo slightly different on the helmet)

Nike.....you had one job 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Godwin's decals are huge (look how far the sword goes down past the earhole); he's wearing a different style helmet than the other two players are wearing (they're wearing Speed/Speed Flex) 

 

Image

This appears to be the old logo decal. The ball in the logo is still that bright orange. It appears that at the time of the photoshoot(s), they were unsure of what to do with the logo/helmet decal. That would explain the inconsistencies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

This appears to be the old logo decal. The ball in the logo is still that bright orange. It appears that at the time of the photoshoot(s), they were unsure of what to do with the logo/helmet decal. That would explain the inconsistencies. 

 

Also looks like there may have been multiple shoots, since Godwin is in #12 in the video, but #14 in the pictures.  Unless they photoshopped it of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

This appears to be the old logo decal. The ball in the logo is still that bright orange. It appears that at the time of the photoshoot(s), they were unsure of what to do with the logo/helmet decal. That would explain the inconsistencies. 

 

No it's the new decal.

 

Considering Godwin is wearing 14, it was pretty recent. I highly doubt an NFL team would unveil new unis without making sure everything was up to date. 

 

The inconsistencies are best explained by different helmet styles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad the orange trim is on the numbers and pants for the red and white uniforms. Like others, I wish they used an orange stroke on the alternate pewter set. Overall, it takes me back to my fondest memories of the Bucs I grew up cheering for: Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber...

 

Also, the ship logos on the sleeves had predominantly black sails on the older sets too

spacer.png

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Haz_Matt said:

I'm glad the orange trim is on the numbers and pants for the red and white uniforms. Like others, I wish they used an orange stroke on the alternate pewter set. Overall, it takes me back to my fondest memories of the Bucs I grew up cheering for: Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber...

 

Also, the ship logos on the sleeves had predominantly black sails on the older sets too

spacer.png

spacer.png

That man haunts my nightmares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

 

No it's the new decal.

 

Considering Godwin is wearing 14, it was pretty recent. I highly doubt an NFL team would unveil new unis without making sure everything was up to date. 

You're right about Godwin wearing 14, but I'm still sticking with that's the old logo. primary-590x372.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

I refuse to accept that Nike can’t find a way to make the shiny pewter material. Otherwise dump the pewter pants just go with the white.

I always thought the old set looked best with white pants. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nike's failure to produce metallic pants, or even the right color matte pewter is such an epic disappointment.. firstly, I don't believe for half a second that it's "impossible" to reproduce the old color and sheen.. secondly, the old fabrics still exist, so just use them if you "can't" use your own fabrics.. 

The new pewter is so ugly and anthracite-looking, particularly in the photo shoots with light reflecting the gold-ish metallic flake in the helmets.. if that's an accurate look at the helmets, Nike should've adjusted their matte fabric version of "pewter" to be a bit lighter and gold-ier..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms
  • TBGKon locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.