Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

So this is why Brady agreed to sign with them....

He will look goofy as all hell in the pewter set but the overall set is miles better than what he has worn for the last 19 years.

47 minutes ago, JayMac said:

This is the best Nike effort. The pewter alternate is a throwaway but not too many alternates aren't complete garbage so this one is par for the course. The Bucs and Nike didn't screw up. I'm impressed!

This isn’t a Nike effort. If anything, this proves that Nike ultimately isn’t responsible for what teams wear. It’s the teams. 

Just now, BJ Sands said:

This isn’t a Nike effort. If anything, this proves that Nike ultimately isn’t responsible for what teams wear. It’s the teams. 

The best update on which Nike has slapped the swoosh?

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

I think it depends. Some teams have utilized Nike, and some haven't. 

We didnt see a "Nike Speak" video with this release...kinda shows who was really calling the shots. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-new-uniforms-draw-super-bowl-era-2020

Release on the website discusses going back to the old red, how Nike couldn't do the metallic pewter pants, and some other tidbits that are still being debated on here (logo slightly different on the helmet)

Nike.....you had one job 😆

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

38 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Godwin's decals are huge (look how far the sword goes down past the earhole); he's wearing a different style helmet than the other two players are wearing (they're wearing Speed/Speed Flex) 

This appears to be the old logo decal. The ball in the logo is still that bright orange. It appears that at the time of the photoshoot(s), they were unsure of what to do with the logo/helmet decal. That would explain the inconsistencies. 

2 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

This appears to be the old logo decal. The ball in the logo is still that bright orange. It appears that at the time of the photoshoot(s), they were unsure of what to do with the logo/helmet decal. That would explain the inconsistencies. 

Also looks like there may have been multiple shoots, since Godwin is in #12 in the video, but #14 in the pictures.  Unless they photoshopped it of course. 

4 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

No it's the new decal.

Considering Godwin is wearing 14, it was pretty recent. I highly doubt an NFL team would unveil new unis without making sure everything was up to date. 

The inconsistencies are best explained by different helmet styles. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm glad the orange trim is on the numbers and pants for the red and white uniforms. Like others, I wish they used an orange stroke on the alternate pewter set. Overall, it takes me back to my fondest memories of the Bucs I grew up cheering for: Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber...

Also, the ship logos on the sleeves had predominantly black sails on the older sets too

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Haz_Matt said:

I'm glad the orange trim is on the numbers and pants for the red and white uniforms. Like others, I wish they used an orange stroke on the alternate pewter set. Overall, it takes me back to my fondest memories of the Bucs I grew up cheering for: Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber...

Also, the ship logos on the sleeves had predominantly black sails on the older sets too

spacer.png

spacer.png

That man haunts my nightmares.

looks great imo, Just wish the helmet decal was a little smaller.  Still think they were cowards for not having Brady's wife, Gisele model them. Maybe she will model the throwbacks next year. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

No it's the new decal.

Considering Godwin is wearing 14, it was pretty recent. I highly doubt an NFL team would unveil new unis without making sure everything was up to date. 

You're right about Godwin wearing 14, but I'm still sticking with that's the old logo. primary-590x372.png

48 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

I refuse to accept that Nike can’t find a way to make the shiny pewter material. Otherwise dump the pewter pants just go with the white.

I always thought the old set looked best with white pants. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Nike's failure to produce metallic pants, or even the right color matte pewter is such an epic disappointment.. firstly, I don't believe for half a second that it's "impossible" to reproduce the old color and sheen.. secondly, the old fabrics still exist, so just use them if you "can't" use your own fabrics.. 

The new pewter is so ugly and anthracite-looking, particularly in the photo shoots with light reflecting the gold-ish metallic flake in the helmets.. if that's an accurate look at the helmets, Nike should've adjusted their matte fabric version of "pewter" to be a bit lighter and gold-ier..

Archived