Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

Love all three. Not sure why this caught my eye right away, but I'm a fan of that thin collar stripe, what do y'all think about it?

When you put the jersey over shoulder pads, as it is to be worn, the thin black collar trim gets lost. I had to zoom in a few times before I could convince myself that there was in fact some black trim on there, rather than just shadows or some shoulder padding peeking out. 

Regardless, these look great! Young me freakin' loved these uniforms the first time they were unveiled. Feels like déjà vu.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TruColor said:

Waiting on official confirmation, but about 99.99999999% sure the Red AND the Orange are changing back to the previous uniform sets' versions.

Confirmation at 100% now.

Old Red and Orange, new(wish) Pewter.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

No it's the new decal.

Considering Godwin is wearing 14, it was pretty recent. I highly doubt an NFL team would unveil new unis without making sure everything was up to date. 

The inconsistencies are best explained by different helmet styles. 

There’s shouldn’t be any inconsistencies with the decal from model-to-model.. the only thing that might adjust slightly is the specific positioning on the helmet, but the decals themselves should be exactly the same from helmet..

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

What do you mean?  There's no NFL rule about bringing back old uniforms.

I thought throwbacks were only allowed as alternate throwbacks to generate additional revenue... Am I mistaken with the NBA and hardwood classics?

11 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

You're right about Godwin wearing 14, but I'm still sticking with that's the old logo. primary-590x372.png

Well you might be right. The helmet we saw with the smaller decals definitely has the new orange, but it's weird that the helmets in the photoshoot with the players look to be bigger with the brighter orange. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

I thought throwbacks were only allowed as alternate throwbacks to generate additional revenue... Am I mistaken with the NBA and hardwood classics?

Yeah that's just for the NBA. Every uniform gets thrown into HWC once a new uniform is released. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh, I hadn't thought about that.  It also makes it so they can't wear the white pants with it, which I think would otherwise be a good look.

Of course, the other possible fix is that they add a second set of white pants (and it's not like teams haven't surprisingly added another set of pants in the past). 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Orange highlights would greatly enhance this color rush set, but I do like the home and away uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The team specifically said that the helmet logos would be smaller this year, so pretty sure some of the players are wearing old decals in the photos.

I didn't realize the team had said that.

A great update just got greater...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Buccaneers finally look like the Buccaneers again. They hit the ball out of the park with these uniforms. The Color Rush set would look even better with the orange added, however I think they look great as is. The article on the Bucs website also talks about how they WILL bring back the throwback creamsicle uniform when the helmet rule eventually gets changed.

image.png

The Bucs revealed their new uniforms which is almost an exact recreation of the 2000s era uniforms and they are glorious. What are your thoughts on it? I’m really glad Nike finally owned their mistake and didn’t try anything new or gaudy again. I also love the all black alts 

spacer.png

Archived