Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

odd that the ship has black sails on the white and red jersey, but red sails on the pewter jersey. black sails scream Raiders to me, but whatever direction they wanted to go why not make it consistant? 

still, the home and away uniforms are solid. happy to see the Bucs building a upon what was already great

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

29 minutes ago, GFB said:

If you look closely, Godwin's helmet decals are smaller than the other two (look at the distance between the two sword points on the top of the helmet) . Maybe this is a helmet model issue... they can't fit the large decals on Godwin's model of helmet?

The F7 Helmet is why, the flags are lower on his helmet, versus smaller. 

45 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a reverse Dolphins in 5 years. Instead of removing a color from the uniforms, they’ll add orange trim to the pewter jersey.

Hope so. And the dolphins really fixed things by adding/reemphasizing orange. So reverse reverse dolphins!

tf2csfsi7hbgxdeocrnh.jpg

These white jerseys have always made this set to me, just the way the the numbers radiate warmth with the orange trim is so pleasing. This uniform would be so much worse without that tiny detail, and I'm glad the Bucs were smart enough to remember that. 

Side note, there's something undeniably satisfying about the pirate ship logo in black. It just looks more menacing. 

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

odd that the ship has black sails on the white and red jersey, but red sails on the pewter jersey. black sails scream Raiders to me, but whatever direction they wanted to go why not make it consistant? 

still, the home and away uniforms are solid. happy to see the Bucs building a upon what was already great

My best guess is they figured black sails looked out of place with that they were doing with the color rush (which is pewter/red/white heavy from the neck down), and if that’s the line of thinking they had, I agree.

I still don’t think it’s a good uniform in comparison to the home and road, and really needs black and orange. But with them committing to the accents being red and white exclusively, red sails in a vacuum was probably the most consistent choice with the individual set’s concept as well as giving it even more of an “alternate” exclusivity, if that makes sense. Even as a stickler for consistency myself, that design choice makes sense to me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Just now, henburg said:

tf2csfsi7hbgxdeocrnh.jpg

These white jerseys have always made this set to me. Just the way the the numbers radiate warmth with the orange trim is so pleasing. This uniform would be so much worse without that tiny detail, and I'm glad the Bucs were smart enough to remember that. 

Side note, there's something undeniably satisfying about the pirate ship logo in black. It just looks more menacing. 

Agree about the orange on the white sets. The small pop the orange gives those uniforms screams Florida to me 

They did a solid job.

I am among the minority that liked their previous set, but they made a lot of good decisions.

Good:

-Return to well liked jerseys

-Seemed to fix the boat logo

-Obviously the numbers going back to block is a massive improvement

-Prefer black facemask to chrome but not a big issue for me

-Didn't return to ugly brownish copper pewter that just never worked for me (def in the minority on that)

Bad:

-Pewter alt doesn't look great, needs orange, and adds a redundant pair of pants

-I am of the belief that they could drop the black entirely and just use pewter to simplify/improve the look

-Still not a fan of teams using a small logo as their sleeve design

To the casual eye, it's just going back to the prior set, which is fine.

I wish they emphasized orange a little more, for a little more pop, to better differentiate from the old ones, and to better facilitate creamsicle alts.

4 minutes ago, Newport said:

What’s the difference between this and the SB ones.

The helmet logos are much larger on the helmet

The font on the chest is from the prior set and in all black instead of black and white

The collar is trim rather than a full collar

The outlines on the numbers appear thicker.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived