Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the black stroke around the numbers thicker than the s.b. set?  On the fanatics site they look thicker but in the player pics they don’t. Maybe it’s just the fanatics jerseys? Their (fanatics) jerseys always seem to be a little off, the images at least.

2 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Is the black stroke around the numbers thicker than the s.b. set?  On the fanatics site they look thicker but in the player pics they don’t. Maybe it’s just the fanatics jerseys? Their (fanatics) jerseys always seem to be a little off.

Is Fanatics using real photos or digital renderings?  That could explain quite a lot.

I love the home and roads going back to the Super Bowl style, even if I hated that they won it. The Color Rush Pewters..... I think they missed a chance to hearken back to the Creamsicles. Imagine, if you will, Orange numbers, Pewter stroke, Red trim, with a similar pant stripe. No white at all except in the logo.

20 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

To me, it just seems like an attempt at updating the SB Era set with new logos and fonts while trying to wash out any existence of the 14-19 set.

Given the seeming unpopularity of the '14-'19 set, I think that was exactly the point.

Can’t believe Nike got this so right... with the exception of the lack of orange outlines on the pewter jersey. Plus the “old” pirate flag was better. But I’ll take it... they are going to sell a crap ton of Brady jerseys and hopefully other teams follow suit with these sort of design choices

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Though the Buccaneers' new home and road uniforms certainly represent a vast improvement over the utter rubbish worn during the past six seasons, I'm only willing to grant Nike so much "credit" for returning to the sartorial design aesthetic that was the team's calling card from 1997 through 2013. After all, it was Nike that was responsible for creating the design train wreck that the Buccaneers have wisely chosen to abandon.

In my opinion, there are still problems with the uniforms that the Buccaneers introduced today. The so-called "Terminator" skull logo introduced in 2014 is still woefully out of place, design-wise, within the context of a team identity that hearkens to figures from the 17th and 18th century for inspiration. Nike's version of pewter doesn't measure up to the hue sported by the 1997-2013 Buccaneers. Finally, the pewter alternate uniform is, to my mind, a complete and utter misfire.   

At the end of the day, while a much-needed course correction from the 2014-2019 uniforms, I'd put the new home and road togs a notch below Tampa Bay's Super Bowl Era outfits... and will make sure to avert my gaze whenever the Color Rush combo gets trotted out. Still, the home and road sets vault from being amongst the NFL's worst to within the top third of the league's unis.             

Kudos to the Bucs for realizing that the update was a mistake and that sometimes what you have in your past looks better than most “innovations”. I css as not remember the last time a team owned up to it and just did the logical thing. Personally, I would have wanted some more orange included in favor of deemphasizing black and a return to the Jolly Roger, but I’m grateful Nike’s designer didn’t get their hands on this and thiis was just the supplier fulfilling the wishes of the client. This proves that at the end of t the day uniform decisions are driven by the client and  they’re ultimately responsible 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

21 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Watching WrestleMania this weekend, they obviosuly used the same logo and graphics that were intended for being in Tampa.

And it is of note there isn't any orange in it.

YV5NWR6MXFEFNCZYI74WDP4CCY.jpg

All these posts happened during my sleep so not sure if someone touched on this. I know the new stuff is out now.

Back to the point. WWE main colors are red black and white. When Mania was at Levi's for 31 same black and red color treatment. However I think there was 1 or 2 pieces of merch that added gold in for the host team. Possibly would have been similar had Tampa actually hosted the show.

My only thought for the color rush pewters would be to add a thin stroke of orange to the outside of the numerals and pant stripe.

This would bring the stroke weight in line with other jerseys and keep that orange across all three sets.

spacer.png

I probably would have prefered orange accents on the numbers in the pewter set, but it's a nice upgrade overall.

I don't know why it just occurred to me now, but it does seem like the flag logo decal is done in such a way that the skull and crossed swords are "centered" on the helmet. 

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm okay with this look. The 2000s uniforms with all the new logos/fonts. There could have been a minor adjustment here or there, but overall they got it right.

I give them a solid 8/10.

4 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Regarding the comment about the shiny pewter: "The team explored going back to the original pewter pants but the fabrics used by Nike today are completely different than in the 1990s and therefore it was impossible to re-create the historic pewter color in today's textiles." 

I'll never understand this :censored:. We're in 2020. It boggles my mind how they're unable to replicate something from 20 years ago with all the new technology we have.

Archived