Alternate Jerseys That Should Be Primaries

16 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

0*mZLGUq69jtl-WBVz

Highly disagree. That’s probably the worst jersey in their history. Between the black, the skyline that for what ever reason they thought was a good idea to flip it sideways to make it not even look like a skyline anymore but instead looks like a drunk got ahold of the uniform and tried tailoring the side panel the best he could

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dont care said:

Highly disagree. That’s probably the worst jersey in their history. Between the black, the skyline that for what ever reason they thought was a good idea to flip it sideways to make it not even look like a skyline anymore but instead looks like a drunk got ahold of the uniform and tried tailoring the side panel the best he could

The side panels are my favorite part of the uniform. But yes, I'm fully aware of what everybody thinks. To me though, I want to see the Knicks use them full-time. Unpopular for sure.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, spartacat_12 said:

I think you have to wait 5 years to do another redesign, but I don't think swapping a primary & alternate counts. Pretty sure when the Jags did their redesign they had black as the primary dark jersey, but now teal has become the primary jersey.

Yep. That's also what the Chargers did in 2019 before their rebrand. They swapped their Power Blue  and Navy jersey designations. Before 2019, Navy was primary dark and power blue was alt. 2019: Power Blue primary dark and Navy alt.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, TheRealPepman said:

0*mZLGUq69jtl-WBVz

I've said this before but I'd like this as the base for a primary. Keep this navy (with blue/orange) as the third, but a white version with blue/orange side panels and a blue version with orange/white side panels would be a nice "normal" and classic set for the Knicks. (Assuming normal stripe side panels like they had in the old days, not the tattered flag look.) Single layer text works well for them.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 5:17 AM, IceInMyVeins said:

Orlando Magic Jerseys | Orlando Magic

All it needs is the removal of the whatever they wanna call that thing on the sides of the jersey.

Nike NBA 75th League Anniversary City Edition Uniforms Official Images -  Nike News

This one in blue obviously, and with either the modern wordmark to go with the numbers or the other way around.

The Magic should never go away from pinstripes. I want to like the  current Statement jersey but I can't. Its boring. Its almost as bad as the '03-'08 jerseys, the only redeeming quality of these is that weird forced incased-pinstripe thing going on the sides and across the bottom of the shorts. Again, give me pinstripes or nothing.

In regards to this years "City/Mixtape" jersey, replace the Orange wordmark with white & blue outline lettering and use that faux dazzled star material used in the '89-'98 authentics (see below for reference). Wordmark size also needs to be slightly increased to fill more space across chest. Numbers should be primarily blue with white outline. Pinstripes in white.  I get the whole concept this year is to have a mix of previous uniform designs, so I would make the nod to '98-03' jerseys side panels in the same blue color & shiny/dazzle material used in those jerseys (which were made by Nike). There is no need to force orange into the equation, seeing it was just recently introduced. Hell this city/mixtape design with tweaks could even serve as a new template for a future throwback inspired modernized redesign (logo and all). 

spacer.png

• Like 2

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

• 4 weeks later...