NFL 2020

FormerLurker

I like the navy helmet compared to white (although a navy or light blue mask would be better than gray), and I like the shape of the yokes - that's a decent modernization of the original while still being an established football look. I also prefer the larger wordmark on the new jerseys to the smaller one on the previous. That's about all the positives I have. Going back to the yokes, they'd be alright with one shade of gray (although light blue is still better), but two is just bad. The pit stains seem like the Titans realized at the last minute that they'd forgotten to put light blue on the uniforms, so they just threw them there. The red swoosh is an eyesore, although that's intended. Finally, they somehow managed to find a worse number font than the one they had before, which... how do you do that?

ExJworW.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, IMO, it isn't the combinations that make it a terrible uniform, the pointless parade of mix and match confusion just highlight how bad it is. The details make it awful in any possible combination. 

Taking a barely passable logo that was obviously meant to go on a white background, adding cluttered outlines, and putting it on a navy helmet was a bad decision. Going all in on the sword motif was a bad decision. Adding in a second shade of gray was a bad decision. Having those sword elements be double gray in some places, but gray and white on the helmet? The double bands on the pants? The glowing red Nike logos? The God awlful number font that needed adjustment after just one season? The light blue armpits?

I dunno... It all seems pretty unsalvageable to me.

I feel like the Titans could benefit from grey pants. I know that's adding another pair of pants to an already complicated set, but they could drop Columbia and white pants. That way they could have grey pants to compliment the shoulder swords rather than the Columbia pants that throw off the color balance. 

Or they swap the shoulder swords to Columbia that way the colors are balanced. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

57 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, IMO, it isn't the combinations that make it a terrible uniform, the pointless parade of mix and match confusion just highlight how bad it is. The details make it awful in any possible combination. 

Taking a barely passable logo that was obviously meant to go on a white background, adding cluttered outlines, and putting it on a navy helmet was a bad decision. Going all in on the sword motif was a bad decision. Adding in a second shade of gray was a bad decision. Having those sword elements be double gray in some places, but gray and white on the helmet? The double bands on the pants? The glowing red Nike logos? The God awlful number font that needed adjustment after just one season? The light blue armpits?

I dunno... It all seems pretty unsalvageable to me.

The current Titans set presents relatively the same problem as the prior Jaguars set. Overly complicated, but one or two tweaks from being a good set.

spacer.png

IMO, They could’ve just changed the helmet to the all black as they have now and adjusted the pants stripes to standard vertical stripes

Blacks Pants [G/T/W]
White Pants [T/B/G]

Also, that gold color rush wasn’t bad, just misguided.

Now with Jacksonville’s current set, they over adjusted and look like the Tropical Raiders (IDK I’m just trying to emphasize the lack of teal and gold).

As for the Titans, eliminate the armpit stains and adjust and align the shoulder and pants stripe as the same. No “sword” tip or “slash” marks.

Sorta kinda like so-

spacer.png

(Side Note: I post those Oregon State uniforms a lot on these threads. They really are the most perfect uniforms I’ve seen in the past decade)

There was much more wrong then just the helmet on that Jags uniform. I wasn't a fan of the teal shoulder caps, the weird pattern on the shoulders, the gold stripes around the collar, the weird stripe on the pants, or the fact that black was the primary home uniform for the first time. But to be fair, the teal uniform was somehow worse, those numbers looked awful.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

21 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

There was much more wrong then just the helmet on that Jags uniform. I wasn't a fan of the teal shoulder caps, the weird pattern on the shoulders, the gold stripes around the collar, the weird stripe on the pants, or the fact that black was the primary home uniform for the first time. But to be fair, the teal uniform was somehow worse, those numbers looked awful.

spacer.png

But in all seriousness, I get your points. In reference to the teal jersey though, I was a big fan of Jacksonville electing to not repeat number coloring on the three main jerseys

On 10/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, BBTV said:

Some people don't.  The fact that the slob shirts and other uniform violations are actually depicted on a team-issue graphic is pretty relevant to the discussion of sports uniforms.  The horse isn't dead until every slob that wears a slob shirt learns how to wear their uniform as designed.

Not to beat this dead horse some more, but to include a real life  comparison. 

Years ago, about 14 or so now, I worked at best buy. Hated the khaki pants shirt tucked in etc. The main reason was couldn't find a pair of comfortable , good cut khakis to wear. (This was the time when mixed fiber workwear wasn't quite a thing yet).

I came to work one day wearing black hot topic stretchy jeans and white vans instead of the proper uniform attire of khakis and black shoes ( a long with issued royal polo). Was sent home and written up for not adhering to company dress code. I preferred both the comfortable ness of the jeans and thought I needed to inject some of my style into my work attire.

I was a jack ass and entirely wrong in this situation. Moral of story is owners can really and should really enforce the dress code. Yankees do it with their facial hair policy. With social media there are plenty of places for one to spread their individual peacock wings.

6 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Not to beat this dead horse some more, but to include a real life  comparison. 

Years ago, about 14 or so now, I worked at best buy. Hated the khaki pants shirt tucked in etc. The main reason was couldn't find a pair of comfortable , good cut khakis to wear. (This was the time when mixed fiber workwear wasn't quite a thing yet).

I came to work one day wearing black hot topic stretchy jeans and white vans instead of the proper uniform attire of khakis and black shoes ( a long with issued royal polo). Was sent home and written up for not adhering to company dress code. I preferred both the comfortable ness of the jeans and thought I needed to inject some of my style into my work attire.

I was a jack ass and entirely wrong in this situation. Moral of story is owners can really and should really enforce the dress code. Yankees do it with their facial hair policy. With social media there are plenty of places for one to spread their individual peacock wings.

Except none of the players have been “sent home”, so maybe this is not an extremely relevant comparison. 

Right now, this is the football fashion. Young guys like untucked shirts. If the NFL made a mandatory rule to tuck in shirts and fined everyone who didn’t, they’d look like the No Fun League again and get torn apart by their younger/more vocal on social media audience. Likely, it won’t change until the football fashion again changes (which in all likelyhood, it probably will). 

I looks stupid, no doubt, and it would be my preference for the NFL to just ban the nonsense, along with being more harsh in defending the uniform rules already in place. However, the situation could be improved tremendously by requiring the undershirt match the pants in color. When the shirts are the same color as the pants it just makes the players than play untucked look like complete idiots, and doesn't drag down the whole team as much.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

An O-Lineman on Dallas is wearing 52

spacer.png

Is he a center (or listed as one)? Every now and then a center will don a number in the 50s. Its rare, but I've seen it happen over the years. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In another day of weird Titans uniform quirks, a couple of the newer players for the Titans wore the outdated thinner numbers on their jerseys today. You can (kinda) see that here with Gostkowski and Jadeveon Clowney rocking the skinnier digits-

stephen-gostkowski-of-the-tennessee-tita

ben-roethlisberger-of-the-pittsburgh-ste

I have to think that an equipment manager within the Titans organization is making these subtle mistakes now. On a side note though, Titans - Steelers is always one of my favorite matchups colorwise. The contrast of warm and cool is very pleasing. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, henburg said:

In another day of weird Titans uniform quirks, a couple of the newer players for the Titans wore the outdated thinner numbers on their jerseys today. You can (kinda) see that here with Gostkowski and Jadeveon Clowney rocking the skinnier digits-

stephen-gostkowski-of-the-tennessee-tita

ben-roethlisberger-of-the-pittsburgh-ste

I have to think that an equipment manager within the Titans organization is making these subtle mistakes now. On a side note though, Titans - Steelers is always one of my favorite matchups colorwise, the contrast is very pleasing. 

Yikes, I can see why they thickened those. I have to say, though (unpopular opinion time), I’ve always kind of liked the style of that number font. Very Greek-looking to my eyes. 

Archived