NFL 2020

FormerLurker

The Jaguars have been blah since they changed from the Fred Taylor day unis.  A few minor tweaks to that set would have been awesome.  I personally feel like every identity they've had since that era has fallen short and been missing a few elements that would make them work.  I know this is dumb, but it also kind of annoys me how much black they use in their identity since they came in as an expansion team the same year as the Panthers, which, ya know, should be the primary black cat brand.  Isn't a panther just a black jaguar anyway?   

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, kutztown said:

The Jaguars have been blah since they changed from the Fred Taylor day unis.  A few minor tweaks to that set would have been awesome.  I personally feel like every identity they've had since that era has fallen short and been missing a few elements that would make them work.  I know this is dumb, but it also kind of annoys me how much black they use in their identity since they came in as an expansion team the same year as the Panthers, which, ya know, should be the primary black cat brand.  Isn't a panther just a black jaguar anyway?   

To piggy back off of that, I also hate that the Panthers don't have a black helmet.  I think an overhaul to their uniforms would do them wonders.  There's so much you can do with that identity.  

19 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Isn't a panther just a black jaguar anyway?   

Sort of. “Pantera” is a genus containing several big cats. “Panther” was originally a legendary mythological creature; since then the word has been informally used to describe various wildcats that are bigger than bobcats and cheetahs and smaller than lions and tigers, especially if they have a black coat. There has never been any one species officially called a “panther,” however. This fact surprised me when I first learned of it several years back. The word is ubiquitous but doesn’t have a precise definition. 

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

Sort of. “Pantera” is a genus containing several big cats. “Panther” was originally a legendary mythological creature; since then the word has been informally used to describe various wildcats that are bigger than bobcats and cheetahs and smaller than lions and tigers, especially if they have a black coat. There has never been any one species officially called a “panther,” however. This fact surprised me when I first learned of it several years back. The word is ubiquitous but doesn’t have a precise definition. 

Wow, that's good Panther knowledge out of you.  I know more meow than I did 10 mins ago. 

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, but there was an animal called the "Carolina panther" that roamed the region, but it's related to the cougar and is now unfortunately extinct in the wild.

the user formerly known as cdclt

53 minutes ago, QCS said:

Yeah, but there was an animal called the "Carolina panther" that roamed the region, but it's related to the cougar and is now unfortunately extinct in the wild.

Really? The more you know!

Was there also a Florida panther? Because their logo sure looks like a cougar relative. 

19 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Was there also a Florida panther? Because their logo sure looks like a cougar relative. 

There is a Florida Panther, but its a subspecies of the genus Puma (cougars/mountain lions, etc.)

A black Panther is almost always a melanistic leopard or jaguar, which are genus Panthera (you can still see the spots in the right light). There’s never been a confirmed sighting of a melanistic puma to my knowledge. Melanism is essentially the opposite mutation as albinism.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

43 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

As Andrew said, the Florida panther also exists, in fact, the hockey team was named for them so the owner could bring awareness to the threat the species faced. In addition, black Carolina panthers never existed, they looked more like cougars (because they pretty much were one), the color scheme was simply chosen because it looked good.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Geographic speciation.  Florida Panthers are pretty much just cougars (or pumas or mountain lions or puma concolor or whatever) that are endangered 'cause they're stuck in Florida, too far away from all those other populations.

New York Giants To Wear Color Rush Uniforms On Monday Night Football

October 30, 2020 - 17:19 PM

When the New York Giants take the field for Monday night’s game at home against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they’ll be wearing their Color Rush uniforms in honor of the 30th anniversary of their victory in Super Bowl XXV. Introduced into the rotation in 2016, the Giants’ Color Rush uniforms

Read More...

7 hours ago, DPHF said:

Geographic speciation.  Florida Panthers are pretty much just cougars (or pumas or mountain lions or puma concolor or whatever) that are endangered 'cause they're stuck in Florida, too far away from all those other populations.

Everyone is endangered around Florida Man. Especially Florida Man. 

I actually prefer the gray. For the most part, I don't like white pants and I abhor all-white uniforms. I want to see the team colors. There are examples of white pants that look good, for example the Indianapolis colts.

I've always hated the all-white NY Giants uniforms more than most all-white uniforms. The gray pants should always be worn by the Giants. It's a huge improvement.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Every time they remove gray it’s another downgrade to what started as a perfect uniform. 

I like the gray pants and I prefer the gray facemask. But this look will salvageable provided the keep the royal helmet.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, MCM0313 said:

Everyone is endangered around Florida Man. Especially Florida Man. 

True. All bets are off once Florida Man enters the scene:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived