• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Buc said:

Switching gears for a moment...

...In looking again at those things the Titans call unifor--just look at this:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-04-at-8.24.24-AM.png

usa_today_13546307.jpg

Who else sees what's glaringly wrong here? And yet somehow these things passed muster to make it onto an NFL jersey...if that don't look backwards as all get-out...

Is it just me, or are the numbers on the light blue jersey thicker than the ones on the navy?

Also, I hate the red swoosh more than anything else on that uniform. It clashes horribly, and sticks out like a sore thumb. Yes, I know that's the intention. It still looks horrendous.

ExJworW.png

19 hours ago, Buc said:

Switching gears for a moment...

...In looking again at those things the Titans call unifor--just look at this:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-04-at-8.24.24-AM.png

usa_today_13546307.jpg

Who else sees what's glaringly wrong here? And yet somehow these things passed muster to make it onto an NFL jersey...if that don't look backwards as all get-out...

A friend and I were just having a discussion about the Titans uniforms earlier today. We both agreed that Tennessee needs to remove the armpit “stains” and cut the top of swords off on the sleeves.

IMO, the Titans have good uniforms, but just need some small alterations to make them great.

I guess it’s unpopular but I love their uniforms. On tv they look fantastic and the identity is strong and cohesive. Might just be because they are playing well right now, for some reason a team’s identity gets more or less appealing depending on their performance.

The Titans do nothing for me. You could easily sell me on highlighter yellow and navy blue as Nashville sporting colors now that the Rams and Chargers have (mostly) left a lane open. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Is it just me, or are the numbers on the light blue jersey thicker than the ones on the navy?

Also, I hate the red swoosh more than anything else on that uniform. It clashes horribly, and sticks out like a sore thumb. Yes, I know that's the intention. It still looks horrendous.

I'm sure not many of you remember, but before the 2019 season the Titans came out and said they thickened the numbers on the alternate blue uniforms to make them more visible.

EDIT: Someone already linked to it.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

I'll never forgive the Titans for allowing the removal of their secondary logo from their uniforms! Also, the dual grey "striping" everywhere except the helmet will never be anything but stupid! If a franchise insists on having a vast amount of design issues — which lead to cause for complaints galore — then said team should at least be consistent in its color pattern choices!

The sword blades on the Titans uniforms have always struck me as cheesy. I think had the shoulder yoke, helmet stripe, and pants stripe been just the shape of a blade but filled in one color (preferably powder blue), it wouldn’t have been so bad. Using grey tones to illustrate a blade, however, pushed it way overboard for me. It looks what I’d expect a semi-pro team in Las Vegas sponsored by The Excalibur to look like. 

And that’s only one of the uniform’s problems!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

I'll never forgive the Titans for allowing the removal of their secondary logo from their uniforms! Also, the dual grey "striping" everywhere except the helmet will never be anything but stupid! If a franchise insists on having a vast amount of design issues — which lead to cause for complaints galore — then said team should at least be consistent in its color pattern choices!

Except the helmet?

Two NFL Teams Shut Down as the Tennessee Titans Face a Covid-19 Outbreak -  WSJ

23 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Imagine being 5 weeks into the season and we still haven't seen the Browns or Falcons away unis or Bucs home unis in action

That happens often here in Tampa. 

The Bucs often wear their whites at home during the early parts of the season due to the heat. This makes their opponents wear darker colors causing their players to be hotter. 

Does this benefit the Bucs? Not sure. But this has always been the strategy due to the Florida heat. 

2 minutes ago, selgy said:

That happens often here in Tampa. 

The Bucs often wear their whites at home during the early parts of the season due to the heat. This makes their opponents wear darker colors causing their players to be hotter. 

Does this benefit the Bucs? Not sure. But this has always been the strategy due to the Florida heat. 

If I remember correctly, I think the Cardinals used to do that as well when they played outdoors at Sun Devil Stadium.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Seeing the white jersey/pewter pants look for the first time, I can pretty safely say this shade of pewter is considerably darker than the 1997-2012 pewter was.

Yeah it's pretty pathetic how bad of a job nike does with stuff like this considering how much they're worth and how many third world slaves they use.

Still, white on pewter is much better than wearing all-white again

San Francisco 49ers To Wear Helmet Decal In Honor Of Hall Of Fame Defensive End Fred Dean

October 18, 2020 - 21:59 PM

The San Francisco 49ers will wear a helmet decal during Sunday night’s game against the Los Angeles Rams in honor of Hall of Fame defensive end Fred Dean, who passed away on Oct. 14 at age 68. A Louisiana native who played collegiately at Louisiana Tech, Dean was selected by

Read More...

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Yeah it's pretty pathetic how bad of a job nike does with stuff like this considering how much they're worth and how many third world slaves they use.

The kicker is that it's not dazzle fabric, so it will look very muted in any shade.

fiowXOD.png

4 hours ago, McCall said:

Except the helmet?

Two NFL Teams Shut Down as the Tennessee Titans Face a Covid-19 Outbreak -  WSJ

Yes, because one of those colors is white. Just look at how the one part matches the neck bumper. I am far from the first person on here to point out this inconsistency issue! Granted, they probably chose to go that route because of the similar beveling on the 'T' inside the "Flaming Thumbtack" logo, considering all of that is located within close proximity on the same surface. Still, both the jersey shoulder "sword blade" yoke & pants "sheath" striping patterns utilize two separate shades of grey/silver together, whereas the helmet "sword blade" stripe does not.

Archived