NFL 2020

FormerLurker

52 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

Sorry if it’s kind of early, is there any word on teams that could be changing next year? WFT is obviously a prime candidate and I know Kyler Murray has been vocal about disliking the Cardinals uniforms. Anything else?

I could see the Bengals trying to change to issue in the Burrow Era. Other than that I would say Panthers are likely to change with an outside chance on the Saints or Broncos.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, doofus is one of the kinder things you could call them. "Hey, give me a super tight, nearly sleeveless jersey, so no one has anything to grab on to. Oh, and while you're at it, hang a bunch of loose handfuls of fabric around my waist. What? No, I'm not a moron."

This is pretty much exactly what a bunch of us have been saying for years. Maybe the tight jersey thing started as a performance idea, but it had long since become 90 percent fashion.

Not to beat a dead horse, but i don't think that player went to training camp and said "Hello, one really tight jersey please ☝️"

It's more likely he wore what was given to him which was tailored a certain way based on decades of feedback independent of him, and also happened to wear his undershirt in a weird trendy way (That i don't like at all but performance wise doesn't have a huge effect unless someone is an active ball carrier and even then is similar to a towel)

4 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but i don't think that player went to training camp and said "Hello, one really tight jersey please ☝️"

It's more likely he wore what was given to him which was tailored a certain way based on decades of feedback independent of him, and also happened to wear his undershirt in a weird trendy way (That i don't like at all but performance wise doesn't have a huge effect unless someone is an active ball carrier and even then is similar to a towel)

The towel is only on by Velcro. A small tug and it’ll gone off. A t shirt will drag you down as it did to Dwayne Haskins on the other page or rip which ever comes first. It does affect performance in a negative way, and looks sloppy as well.

I thought they ditched the stripeless-brown pants, no?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Something like this would be perfect for the Jags:

spacer.png

I know I'm weeks late to this, but I had to comment. I enjoy that whenever suggestions for the Jaguars uniforms come up, the collective feedback ends up accidentally designing their uniforms from 1998. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Buccaneers should have come up with something neo-retro and the Jaguars should have been the ones to say "whoops sorry it's 1998 again now."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wouldn't say its all about fashion. As a college football player myself the tight jersey is very beneficial. It makes is harder to hold, also makes me personally feel faster. Ever look at a sprinter with their tight body suits, same idea. When the jersey is tight it becomes less of an item of clothing, and more of an extension of your body.

Also the tee-shirt stuff is stupid. We usually get told to tuck it in.

2 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

I wouldn't say its all about fashion. As a college football player myself the tight jersey is very beneficial. It makes is harder to hold, also makes me personally feel faster. Ever look at a sprinter with their tight body suits, same idea. When the jersey is tight it becomes less of an item of clothing, and more of an extension of your body.

Also the tee-shirt stuff is stupid. We usually get told to tuck it in.

Former high school player here. Can back this up. If anything, it helps reduce the amount of jersey that can be grabbed. Most of the time, players with long undershirts were told to tuck it in, although I can't speak for the pros.

However it seems we have come full circle from the days of tear-off jerseys

How Greg Pruitt made the tear-away jersey famous and, ultimately, a  forgotten relic of past | Cleveland browns football, Cleveland browns  history, Cleveland browns

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

33 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Washington's helmets look like a standard gloss finish today. Has it changed from metallic last season?

This has been a discussion before. Personally, I think it has changed, but some people still think it’s the same. I don’t see the metallic finish at all in any photos or in real time.

spacer.png

Adding more to the argument that the tight jersey thing is more style than function (an argument I rejected 100% until this season), I just noticed that some of the dufuses that wear the long undershirts are also wearing long-baggy sleeves, which look especially ridiculous coming out of their super-tight shoulders.  You go through the trouble of making the shoulders super tight, only to have long-flowing sleeves flopping around.

Eagles Miles Sanders just ran for a 70-ish yard TD, and I was scared to death he was going to get pulled down by his baggy-ass sleeves that were waving in the air as he was running.  It's also not good for speed, as it has to add some wind resistance.

Total dufuses.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Adding more to the argument that the tight jersey thing is more style than function (an argument I rejected 100% until this season), I just noticed that some of the dufuses that wear the long undershirts are also wearing long-baggy sleeves, which look especially ridiculous coming out of their super-tight shoulders.  You go through the trouble of making the shoulders super tight, only to have long-flowing sleeves flopping around.

Eagles Miles Sanders just ran for a 70-ish yard TD, and I was scared to death he was going to get pulled down by his baggy-ass sleeves that were waving in the air as he was running.  It's also not good for speed, as it has to add some wind resistance.

Total dufuses.

spacer.png

Watching the Panthers game, and it just reaffirms my dislike of the Falcons' uniforms. The numbers are huge and the massive ATL doesn't help at all. The side-shadow is similarly dumb and the glossy helmet and chrome facemask also look bad. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This has been a discussion before. Personally, I think it has changed, but some people still think it’s the same. I don’t see the metallic finish at all in any photos or in real time.

spacer.png

Still metallic. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/3dvnZ1u3FZsaTuPA6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived