NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

nothing worse than small numbers.

Umm. Have you not seen the jerseys was oversized numbers Nike has been putting out the last couple of years?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 10/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, joekono said:

I really think they did a good job in taking a classic uniform and making a change. That's tough to do. They even got rid of that annoying blue.

I would agree with you on almost everything except the cruise ship logo. That’s just indefensible. 

shame, because as you note the new colors are perfect. 

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

JJ Watt posted a tweet showing the NRG roof open. Was this because of the Bill O-Brien firing? I bring this up to add to the previous post regarding a question that was asked.

They open roofs regularly for pregame to see the flyovers, then will shut it right after if it’s too hot or what ever. I don’t know what you’re going on about Bill O’Brien, does he like the roof closed or something?

10 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Umm. Have you not seen the jerseys was oversized numbers Nike has been putting out the last couple of years?

I thought it was shown that Nike's front and back numbers are actually regulation size, and if anything, their TV numbers are smaller (at least in CAR's case.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Unpopular opinion maybe, but that’s too much orange for my taste. The Browns have always looked much more balanced to me when they wear O/B/W. 

I'd actually argue that it's too much brown. A white facemask would add some much-needed contrast. 

Arizona Cardinals Add #8 Patch to Jersey in Memory of Larry Wilson

October 13, 2020 - 15:28 PM

The Arizona Cardinals have added a memorial patch on their jerseys to honour the life of former player Larry Wilson, who died last month at the age of 82. The patch shows Wilson’s number 8 in white on a black circle, it will be worn on the upper left corner

Read More...

The Saints have got to stop this monochrome garbage. Gold/Black/Gold and Gold/White/Gold are all-time great color combos. Wear your damn gold pants!

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

6 hours ago, dont care said:

They open roofs regularly for pregame to see the flyovers, then will shut it right after if it’s too hot or what ever. I don’t know what you’re going on about Bill O’Brien, does he like the roof closed or something?

That's why I asked. The Texans have not opened their roof since 2014. The year when Bill O'Brien was in his first year as the Houston HC.

JJ Watt posted a picture of the NRG roof open. After O'Brien's firing.

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/09/jj-watt-texans-bill-obrien-firing-tweet/

https://clutchpoints.com/texans-news-jj-watt-cryptic-twitter-post-after-bill-obrien-firing/

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I would agree with you on almost everything except the cruise ship logo. That’s just indefensible. 

shame, because as you note the new colors are perfect. 

Yeah, Miami is a frustrating case of “so close yet so far”. The uniforms and colors themselves are excellent, but the belly-flop dolphin is such a gaffe of a logo that it ruins what should be an overall great identity. It doesn’t help things either that the logo looking like a belly-flop is much too associative of all the losing they’ve had during its run. That thing needs to get replaced yesterday.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

55 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, Miami is a frustrating case of “so close yet so far”. The uniforms and colors themselves are excellent, but the belly-flop dolphin is such a gaffe of a logo that it ruins what should be an overall great identity. It doesn’t help things either that the logo looking like a belly-flop is much too associative of all the losing they’ve had during its run. That thing needs to get replaced yesterday.

I will never get over how stupid it was for Miami to change an iconic logo they used for their entire history, which included a perfect season

35 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

I will never get over how stupid it was for Miami to change an iconic logo they used for their entire history, which included a perfect season

Amen. The only thing I would ever change is upgrading to the infinite regression Dolphin.

spacer.png

It’s insane in this world of “let’s make x animal MORE TOUGHER!!!!1!” that a Dolphin wearing a football helmet got benched. Ridiculous.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

My dad was always a big Dolphins fan so they’ve been my second team. The new logo hasn’t bothered me as much as the color distribution. I think they’ve nailed the colors on the current set (particularly when they dropped the darker blue).

The problem for me, though, is that for years, their helmet and striping looked like this:

spacer.png

The aqua and orange were both heavily on display and it was always an orange stripe, thin white stripes, and then two aqua stripes.

spacer.png

Even when they updated their look, it was largely the same, despite adding navy. Navy sat next to the aqua.

spacer.png

In that regard, both of these looks continue to be a little jarring:

The old set with navy:

spacer.png

The updated set which dropped navy and I believe made the orange darker:

spacer.png

It’s weird that I prioritize something like the striping over the logo, but the current striping doesn’t read as “Dolphins-like” to me.

11 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

My dad was always a big Dolphins fan so they’ve been my second team. The new logo hasn’t bothered me as much as the color distribution. I think they’ve nailed the colors on the current set (particularly when they dropped the darker blue).

The problem for me, though, is that for years, their helmet and striping looked like this:

The aqua and orange were both heavily on display and it was always an orange stripe, thin white stripes, and then two aqua stripes.

Even when they updated their look, it was largely the same, despite adding navy. Navy sat next to the aqua.

In that regard, both of these looks continue to be a little jarring:

The old set with navy:

The updated set which dropped navy and I believe made the orange darker:

spacer.png

It’s weird that I prioritize something like the striping over the logo, but the current striping doesn’t read as “Dolphins-like” to me.

Yeah I think if they put the old striping pattern on the current helmets, the helmet would be somewhat improved. It might be a lateral move to some...but in no way would it be a downgrade. 

I think they thought the stripes would match the numbers, so it's perfect...but I really don't agree. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Apply the current colors to the 1997 through 2012 logo, 1989 through 1996 helmet, and current throwback jerseys and socks and pick a new pair of pants. (While the pair on the left resembles their old pair, the stripes are a little thinner.)

19.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived